11/05/16 Buenos Aires, AR - River Plate Stadium *2nd Show*

gunsguy

6 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Slash is killing everything. How are the vocals? I can't watch the video at the moment but someone here said it was one of his best performances of the night

The same as always, if not weaker than the NA tour (For this song). He doesn't nail the screaming part during the bridge (the "I never wanted you to be..." part) compared to San Diego and the 2nd LA show. Also Slash fucks up the 2nd solo a bit, he plays some brown notes

Edited by Mendez

15 minutes ago, Mendez said:

The same as always, if not weaker than the NA tour (For this song). He doesn't nail the screaming part during the bridge (the "I never wanted you to be..." part) compared to San Diego and the 2nd LA show. Also Slash fucks up the 2nd solo a bit, he plays some brown notes

I don't get the sense Slash enjoys playing this song, and that sucks about the vocals but hoping nothing is seriously wrong with Axl. He's on the verge of completing one of his best years ever...I'd hate to know it's been derailed by something medical. Good news is he's still up there fighting, let him get through this run and we can see where he's at after. 

I think it's fair for people like me who have complained about the vocal work on this tour to start backing off a bit. Axl deserves a free pass this time after the year he's had, and I keep hearing this rumor that something's wrong with him. So just trying to stay positive. 

16 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I don't get the sense Slash enjoys playing this song, and that sucks about the vocals but hoping nothing is seriously wrong with Axl. He's on the verge of completing one of his best years ever...I'd hate to know it's been derailed by something medical. Good news is he's still up there fighting, let him get through this run and we can see where he's at after. 

I think it's fair for people like me who have complained about the vocal work on this tour to start backing off a bit. Axl deserves a free pass this time after the year he's had, and I keep hearing this rumor that something's wrong with him. So just trying to stay positive. 

I think the part that Slash enjoys playing is the chorus riff. On most of the videos I've seen and the shows I went to, he always jumps right before it (in anticipation of it, the same way he jumps to Adler's snare right before My Michelle's main riff starts), he does the same thing on "Sorry" right before the last chorus comes in.

I don't know if he particularity enjoys the bridge riff (the one right after the 1st solo). I don't know if thats because he can't move around much because he has to stay near his stage rig to get his slide/mess with any pedals that are used in the solos, or because the riff doesn't interest him that much. He does the same thing on There Was a Time during the chorus riff (which I think is a fairly simple, but pretty cool riff), but on There Was a Time he's always using his pedal board/stage rig (using the wah and what I think is a tremolo or flanger during the verses and the solos).

Fortus does the same thing on There Was a Time's chorus, but with him he's engage/disengaging a pedal (I assume an over drive pedal because the rhythm for the verses call for a very low gain sound, whlle the chorus riff calls for a high gain sound. Then during the 1st solo he uses some sort of acoustic guitar emulator pedal to do Axl's acoustic part.

All that being said, I'm over-analyzing everything. 

Edited by Mendez

12 minutes ago, Mendez said:

I think the part that Slash enjoys playing is the chorus riff. On most of the videos I've seen and the shows I went to, he always jumps right before it (in anticipation of it, the same way he jumps to Adler's snare right before My Michelle's main riff starts), he does the same thing on "Sorry" right before the last chorus comes in.

I don't know if he particularity enjoys the bridge riff (the one right after the 1st solo). I don't know if thats because he can't move around much because he has to stay near his stage rig to get his slide/mess with any pedals that are used in the solos, or because the riff doesn't interest him that much. He does the same thing on There Was a Time during the chorus riff (which I think is a fairly simple, but pretty cool riff), but on There Was a Time he's always using his pedal board/stage rig (using the wah and what I think is a tremolo or flanger during the verses and the solos).

Fortus does the same thing on There Was a Time's chorus, but with him he's engage/disengaging a pedal (I assume an over drive pedal because the rhythm for the verses call for a very low gain sound, whlle the chorus riff calls for a high gain sound. Then during the 1st solo he uses some sort of acoustic guitar emulator pedal to do Axl's acoustic part.

All that being said, I'm over-analyzing everything. 

Haha that's the fun part, you seem far more musically skilled than myself in terms of knowing the technical side of instruments but yea I guess Slash just never looks impressed with the guitar work from CD so he does his best to keep it original and make it his own at the same time. 

To me his favorite is Chinese Democracy. He just looks more into it, I might be looking too far into it, but yea to me it also sounds the best from CD

16 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Haha that's the fun part, you seem far more musically skilled than myself in terms of knowing the technical side of instruments but yea I guess Slash just never looks impressed with the guitar work from CD so he does his best to keep it original and make it his own at the same time. 

To me his favorite is Chinese Democracy. He just looks more into it, I might be looking too far into it, but yea to me it also sounds the best from CD

Yeah Chinese is the most straight forward rock song off of CD, (and the demo that has Brain drumming on it is way good), and its also the the fastest tempo song that they're playing from CD.

Better is slower tempo, There Was a Time is slower tempo than Better, and Sorry is slower tempo than There Was a Time. (Not counting Catcher because thats not really a song you can headbang to lol, although the demo of it was far more "rocking" than the album version, the Josh Freese's drums were super good during the "you decide, cause I wont have to" part. Plus the backing riff for the "ooh, the catcher in the rye again" part is pretty cool too, in my opinion of course)

Edited by Mendez