11/05/16 Buenos Aires, AR - River Plate Stadium *2nd Show*

gunsguy

1 hour ago, argen17793 said:

:headbang:excelente!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gracias por contar lo que dijo axl, no se escucho de este lado!!!!!!

De nada! :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, scooby845 said:

@BorderlineCrazy

This is awesome for Adler in Roxy!!

What was the reason for happening?

Did you attend?

How did you find about? 

What is this band? I thought at least Adler band would perform with Steven...

So many questions....

Anything else? :lol:

I was told by a friend this was happening the day of the Rosario show (it wasn't confirmed at that point I think, but it was a strong rumor), I wasn't able to attend, though which as a bummer but I was destroyed and had to get up early the next day.

The promoters who brough SMKC every time, Axl in 2014 and (I think) Adler's Appetite in 2007 are also the owners of The Roxy. They probably had something to do with Steven playing in Argentina and I assume they invited him to do this show. As you know, Steven would NEVER say no.

These guys (promoters) also happen to have their own cover bands. If you remember, last year when Gilby opened for SMKC he came alone and just played the gigs with one of these bands.

Edited by BorderlineCrazy

16 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I was told by a friend this was happening the day of the Rosario show (it wasn't confirmed at that point I think, but it was a strong rumor), I wasn't able to attend, though which as a bummer but I was destroyed and had to get up early the next day.

The promoters who brough SMKC every time, Axl in 2014 and (I think) Adler's Appetite in 2007 are also the owners of The Roxy. They probably had something to do with Steven playing in Argentina and I assume they invited him to do this show. As you know, Steven would NEVER say no.

These guys (promoters) also happen to have their own cover bands. If you remember, last year when Gilby opened for SMKC he came alone and just played the gigs with one of these bands.

Coverheads and Glamnation Party? are you talking about those?

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

To be honest I wouldn't mind Estranged and November Rain being alternated and Axl playing the piano parts of both.

No way, Estranged is way too big of a gem to be alternated. NR, on the other hand, well it's one of my favourite GNR songs and it used to be a beast live (especially when Slash got on top of the piano) but now it's a huge downer because of the weak vocals. They could alternate it with Don't Cry and have Patience as a staple. But that ain't happening, so...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nonok said:

No way, Estranged is way too big of a gem to be alternated. NR, on the other hand, well it's one of my favourite GNR songs and it used to be a beast live (especially when Slash got on top of the piano) but now it's a huge downer because of the weak vocals. They could alternate it with Don't Cry and have Patience as a staple. But that ain't happening, so...

They won't drag a whole piano on tour for a possible alternate. November Rain is has been on every GNR show since '91 except a few shows here and here

25 minutes ago, gnr5 said:

They won't drag a whole piano on tour for a possible alternate. November Rain is has been on every GNR show since '91 except a few shows here and here

Yep, that's why I said it's not going to happen,  un42nutzly. NR is arguably GNR's most famous track, maybe even more so than Sweet Child.

44 minutes ago, gnr5 said:

Did they play it at the Troubadour this year? 

And as far as Axl's vocals go on November Rain he just needs to make a style change on the vocals and it will be amazing. If Bon Scott was the original singer there would be full chest voice rasp on this song haha

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

THanks!! But I did not understand... this show with Adler happened on the day of GnR rosario show or thats when you found out about it?

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

Did they play it at the Troubadour this year? 

And as far as Axl's vocals go on November Rain he just needs to make a style change on the vocals and it will be amazing. If Bon Scott was the original singer there would be full chest voice rasp on this song haha

They didn't play it probably because they couldn't fit the piano on that small stage. 

Listened to Jungle...Axl sounds good - anyone saying this is bad has a short memory.

I'm not saying people shouldn't criticize where criticism is due, but I'm just still amazed that we're even seeing these guys on stage again, considering where we were a couple years ago. And I think a lot of the comments are overly harsh/critical because some people just enjoy complaining. 

Listen to the outro scream on the Jungle from this show and compare it to 2012-2014. 

41 minutes ago, Estranged Reality said:

Listened to Jungle...Axl sounds good - anyone saying this is bad has a short memory.

I'm not saying people shouldn't criticize where criticism is due, but I'm just still amazed that we're even seeing these guys on stage again, considering where we were a couple years ago. And I think a lot of the comments are overly harsh/critical because some people just enjoy complaining. 

Listen to the outro scream on the Jungle from this show and compare it to 2012-2014. 

Eh those opening lines are weak as hell but he recovers nicely.

And since you asked 

just a random from typing in "welcome to the jungle 2012" on YouTube. Put those vocals with that crowd and it's a better performance.

ill admit his 2016 screams have been unbelievable, but this SA tour falls in line with 11-14 vocal work. Which if you check out my post in greatest moments from 01-14 you will see that's not terrible, but it's just not what he was doing on the NA side. However maybe it was unrealistic to maintain that pace

• Like 1

But if you want a great outro scream then look no further @Estranged Reality

where do we find that guy...oh wait that was a month and half ago...

that scream probably sent his vocals back 4 years though. 

It was so loud it made Angus' guitar sound out of tune when he started playing again...

Edited by IncitingChaos

15 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Oh, almost forgot to post this!! Here are some videos of Steven playing at the Roxy after the show. Don't know if he only played these songs but it's really cool he did You Could Be Mine and Back Off Bitch!! 

King Steven! 

• Like 1

On 6/11/2016 at 1:20 PM, Adrianb1983 said:

I think theres a tiny difference between just being a pecho frio and arriving 10 minutes before the show and bully your way to the stage. Those people to me are not energetic fans or anything cool, just assholes that get together with 10 of their other assholes friends and think they own the fuckin place. It might look cool on a DVD (i love the acdc DVD at River btw) but it doesnt take away the fact that many people do it not for the music but just to get as close to the stage as they can. Oh, how passionate! If they want to be close to the stage thats cool, but then show your passion for the band waking up early and waiting 10 hs for the doors to open. I went with my sister and I couldve deal with that shit being 1.86 m tall but seeing my 1.6 m tall sister right in the middle of that shit was not so fun. I still recognize thats the whole thing about being in a concert in this country, I just hate how sometimes "passion" is just used as an excuse for being a dick. Barrabravas come to my mind, its great watching them on tv (or better if you are sittng in thr platea) singing the songs for their club and celebrating each goal, making it quite a show by itself, but at the end of the day they are plain thugs. 

Yeah... I know.