11/29/16 Mexico City, MX - Palacio de los Deportes

gunsguy

3 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

did Axl lower his tone or just not sing with a falsetto here...sounded better, closer to his talking voice and not Mickey 

I've been noticing this on some other songs too. He doesn't sing with the helium voice nearly as much as before. He really does seem to be reading these boards and SCOM definitely does sound much better with this voice compared to the Mickey voice.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

I've been noticing this on some other songs too. He doesn't sing with the helium voice nearly as much as before. He really does seem to be reading these boards and SCOM definitely does sound much better with this voice compared to the Mickey voice.

Reading these, boards and taking vocal lessons from them...........hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !  Classic

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, swishtz said:

Reading these, boards and taking vocal lessons from them...........hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !  Classic

I don't know about taking advice or vocal lessons from anyone on here but Axl has read these boards in the past... and has even done interviews on this forum.

• Like 1

went to show 

in general axl sounded quite good on most songs but damn ferrer is just ruining the majority of the tunes with his languid off beat drumming 

happy the three reunited and got to see em but i won't be seeing anymore of this same lineup songs are way too sped up and rushed as if they just want to plow through the concert and get it over with 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

8 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

I don't know about taking advice or vocal lessons from anyone on here but Axl has read these boards in the past... and has even done interviews on this forum.

Maybe, but the idea that Axl changed up his vocal delivery because of what a few random nobodies on the internet said is pretty laughable. That said, I found that to be the best SCOM performance vocally in a very long time. It sounded very natural as opposed to what he had been doing for the past decade of using falsetto in an attempt to emulate his AFD era voice.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ForcedToRegister said:

Maybe, but the idea that Axl changed up his vocal delivery because of what a few random nobodies on the internet said is pretty laughable. That said, I found that to be the best SCOM performance vocally in a very long time. It sounded very natural as opposed to what he had been doing for the past decade of using falsetto in an attempt to emulate his AFD era voice.

I don't know if it is laughable.. We are all die hard fans and want the band to sound as good as possible.. Just pulled up last nights Sweet Child after reading your comment and sounded great! Hope it continues! Maybe he will try changing up his delivery on songs like You Could Be Mine too. He has so many great voices and options.

• Like 1