11/29/16 Mexico City, MX - Palacio de los Deportes

gunsguy

11 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

I don't know about taking advice or vocal lessons from anyone on here but Axl has read these boards in the past... and has even done interviews on this forum.

Exactly! No one's talking about voice lessons. But we know they read these boards, so Axl probably been aware that people would prefer him to sing with a different kind of voice on songs like SCOM. 

4 hours ago, ForcedToRegister said:

Maybe, but the idea that Axl changed up his vocal delivery because of what a few random nobodies on the internet said is pretty laughable. That said, I found that to be the best SCOM performance vocally in a very long time. It sounded very natural as opposed to what he had been doing for the past decade of using falsetto in an attempt to emulate his AFD era voice.

No disagreement here.  I think Axl is a musical genius.  He knows exactly what he does, when he does it and what it sounds like.  If he changes anything, it's because he wants it to sound better...which is really cool, imo.

Axl sounds like butt on SCOM and Yesterdays and I don't know what half of you are talking about when you're praising him

Whatever Blu Ray/DVD comes from this tour is going to sound terrible compared to whatever Blu Ray/DVD comes from the ACDC tour this year, and that's disappointing

it was a great concert and WTTJ was amazing!! i think that this concert was better in  performance but in setlist it was meh guess april 20 has the best setlist from the 4 night's (19,20ap,29,30Nov)  but anyway good concert :D

Pd: i want to share some pictures but i can't or i don't remember how to do that if someone can say me that to me it would be great :)  

Edited by GN'R MEX
i didn't write anything in the message

8 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

Axl sounds like butt on SCOM and Yesterdays and I don't know what half of you are talking about when you're praising him

People always do this thing, and I've watched these clips that people praise "best Jungle since 1993!", when I've heard it way better in 2006, 2010, etc.

I don't get it.

The way I see it, Axl sounds good - if he had this voice throughout his career he would be a respected singer. It's just not the same voice he used to have, and it lacks some venom on some songs. The Sorry version posted here, for instance, is not that good - the way the "you got all the answers" part is delivered in falsetto lacks the punch it should have. On others songs, it's fine, really.

I was totally fine with Axl's current voice when this tour started, it was still pretty decent for the most part and very adequate for his 54 year old self. The blame for resetting the bar high as shit again after 6 years (2010 was the last time, the mistery that is Philadelphia 2012 excluded) is on him. He is the one that came out with AC/DC and ripped those songs to shit night after night like a possessed motherfucker. 

Even within GNR shows themselves, there are the songs that sound much better than others, Jungle being a prime example.

• Like 1