11/30/16 Mexico City, MX - Palacio de los Deportes

gunsguy

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

While Axl is definitely not a trump fan, I find it hard to believe he wanted this and came up with the idea, more like that moron Del James. I'd bet money hes to blame for it

its really not about trump to me, doesn't matter to me personally, but one thing is for certain, nothing happens without AXL approving it. just don't belong

Edited by jguns

55 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Not just a random doll but a doll representing a person. It wasn't even funny! Axl (et al.) is standing there laughing like an idiot at something completely unfunny, unless the humour was completely lost on me, which I suppose is quite possible?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not that bothered about it as I washed my hands with this band about ten years ago. It is not going to affect my opinion on them either way, as I already find them embarrassing. Attempts to interpret my reaction as exaggeration are going to be flawed as I'm merely reacting to the event as I have recently read about it.

But it looks like You really bothered tho

1 minute ago, SerenityScorp said:

But it looks like You really bothered tho

absolutely bothered, I guess it is personal, just don't like it mixed with music, but everybody has a choice on there views, I normally don't post often,  but this just touched a nerve I suppose. its just strange how so many fans can be so passionate about one band all over the world and politics can divide so many.

1 hour ago, illusionone said:

I never thought Axl and Co. would end up being annoying like Pear Jam and U2. I don't go to concerts to have the band push their political agendas on me. 

THIS.

In my not so humble opinion, that was a disgraceful and despicable act for a Rock N' Roll band.  By doing that onstage, the entire band is now on record against the President of the United States of America.

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

ESPECIALLY right before the band expects to collect more AMERICAN DOLLARS for a tour next year.  

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Again...this is what offends you guys? After everything that happened with gnr, after everything Axl did...this was your breaking point? 

Some say it's not about Trump but if it is, don't stand on some moral high ground for a guy like Trump 

Pretty much its because of trump

7 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Again...this is what offends you guys? After everything that happened with gnr, after everything Axl did...this was your breaking point? 

Some say it's not about Trump but if it is, don't stand on some moral high ground for a guy like Trump 

Looks like the moral LOW ground to me.

The promoters for the 2017 US Tour have to be fucking PISSED this morning.  

Whether you agree with the politics of it or not, it's absolutely moronic to offend a portion of your potential ticket-buying audience.

I'm just gonna sit here and laugh at the hypocrisy of everyone that has a problem with what Axl did....quit being pussies, quit being so politically correct all the time. That's the conservative agenda, yet y'all are crying like a bunch of babies right now.  

"....you can't trust freedom when it's not in your hands..."

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, jguns said:

Really disappointed, I hate politics mixed with my music, tasteless not needed very divisive by AXL, I've defended him so many times over the years. I've traveled to Canada, Kentucky, Tennessee, Atlanta, spent thousands of dollars because I'm a huge fan to see my favorite band, such a dick move by AXL, Tasteless! Really just pisses me off! freedom of speech though, fuck you AXL, freedom of speech!

I hope you feel the same way about One In A Million. See this is not the first time that Axl made a political statement. I don't know how Axl feels now about OIAM. Maybe he has changed his mind. Maybe in the future he might change his mind about this show in Mexico

Piñatas are a very important part of Mexico's culture, and don't really means always your'e hitting something or someone you hate (not saying this was the case) ie: kids ask for piñatas of their favorite characters for their birthdays. If they did it was because they give Mexican people what they wanted. Is not intended to offend a country. I'm from Guatemala and we do all the time joke about our president (who happens to be a former clown and so-called actor with no experience) and it doesn't offend the country at all. I think the band did to give an expression to their fans who are very pissed about Trump's comments (that by the way nobody mentioned the true offences he made about a whole country and latinos).

Is entertainment, just a show, as Axl would say in UTLH: "Take it for what it is". Peace. (BTW: I'm not a Trump supporter nor a Hillary supporter and actually believe Trump is going to make a good part as president).

Most embarrassing thing I have seen from Axl in at least 20 years. Probably dumbest shit he has done since the lyrics to OIAM. So classless... I didn't see Slash up there. Hopefully he had the sense not to be involved or be seen by that FUCKING thing. It just causes more hate and division. God Axl is such a dumb fuck sometimes. MOST of his American fans are the white working class that voted for Trump. Now Axl is a wannabe Eddie Vedder except nobody is going to listen to Axl'a hypocritical ass. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Padme said:

I hope you feel the same way about One In A Million. See this is not the first time that Axl made a political statement. I don't know how Axl feels now about OIAM. Maybe he has changed his mind. Maybe in the future he might change his mind about this show in Mexico

good point!

55 minutes ago, jguns said:

Really disappointed, I hate politics mixed with my music, tasteless not needed very divisive by AXL, I've defended him so many times over the years. I've traveled to Canada, Kentucky, Tennessee, Atlanta, spent thousands of dollars because I'm a huge fan to see my favorite band, such a dick move by AXL, Tasteless! Really just pisses me off! freedom of speech though, fuck you AXL, freedom of speech!

So, she was talking about you? 

The image of GnR and Axl has always been provocative in the past...they have been too tame in the last years...so its a good marketing idea. They are only doing what Trump did...being provocative. 

25 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

Looks like the moral LOW ground to me.

The promoters for the 2017 US Tour have to be fucking PISSED this morning.  

Whether you agree with the politics of it or not, it's absolutely moronic to offend a portion of your potential ticket-buying audience.

They might be pissed but Axl doesn't care. 

He told the KKK to fu*k off after they started showing up in support of GNR, 

Axl will be Axl...if you hate him for this but love him for everything else then I'm not sure where your line is or for what reason this one hurts feelings more 

3 minutes ago, jguns said:

good point!

In this forum there are many people who like OIAM. And there has been many debates about it. If people like that sons then so be it. It seems Axl made a U turn now. Well there is no need to insult him for OIAM nor for this joke no matter how tasteless people find it