11/30/16 Mexico City, MX - Palacio de los Deportes

gunsguy

2 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

They might be pissed but Axl doesn't care. 

But Axl isn't the only guy getting paid...

What about all of the other musicians and crew members that work in the touring entourage? 

This is BAD PR right before ticket selling season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Use Your Delusion II said:

Guys, the band was playing a show in a Country that our President-elect has promised to block off with a giant wall and then deport a bunch of people back to.  I think this was intended to be a gesture of solidarity with the Mexican fans rather than an Anti-American demonstration.  I highly doubt we'll see the same sort of shenanigans in, say...Japan.  I see why some people don't like it, but at least consider the setting.  Not a big deal, in my opinion.

Not a good reason. Still stupid as fuck. Maybe Mexico should take down the wall between them and Guatemala to show a sign of solidarity with Axl. Haha

1 minute ago, SerenityScorp said:

:lol:

I'm curious wht trump say about this since he is Axl fan

That boat sailed sometime ago....additionally he's probably cool with since all trump does is pander to the white middle class, just like Axl was pandering to his audience last night.   

1 minute ago, lucasnesposito said:

They won the Mexican people, and lost fans of Donald's voters. Negative or positive balance?

Why would he lose Trump voters? I've never heard that they lost fans over OIAM. That song is not my cup of tea. Still I'm a die hard GN'R fan and I love Axl. He is and he will always be my all time favorite singer despite that one song. I would find it silly if now fans who are Trump supporters no longer go to the shows.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, lucasnesposito said:

They won the Mexican people, and lost fans of Donald's voters. Negative or positive balance?

I doubt they lost too many fans.  Axl sings "Turn around B***h I got a use for you" in front of tens of thousands of women at every show.  I think most fans hold their rock stars to a fairly low standard of behavior/PCness. 

• Like 1

Guys, GNR appealed to the Trump voter. First they sound a lot like Skynyrd with some Aerosmith, AC/DC, and the Stones mixed in. 95% of all Skynyard and probably AC/DC fans are Trump folks. Stones and Aerosmith probably 50/50. It is just stupid as fuck to go there. So not only do we not get DDM, Slither, Perfect Crime, but we get some bullshit cheese from Axl. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

But Axl isn't the only guy getting paid...

What about all of the other musicians and crew members that work in the touring entourage? 

This is BAD PR right before ticket selling season.

Ok but nobody gets paid without Axl...he doesn't care about his career. He cares about this enough to make a statement though 

I agree that promoters aren't exactly jumping up and down but again Trump's popularity isn't exactly on the rise.

the only people that don't like this are the people that complain our country is too sensitive but get their feelings hurt over celebs making political statements...