11/30/16 Mexico City, MX - Palacio de los Deportes

gunsguy

26 minutes ago, smoking guns said:

So much hyperbole in this fucking thread. Trump is not deporting 12 million people.  He may add fencing/wall. He has nothing against Mexican people. He only wants laws to be followed. He will deport illegals with felonies. Or you can believe everything Rachel Maddow and Lawerence O'Donnell tell you and be scared as fuck 24/7 by the white man. It is disrespectful to do that to any human. You don't have to be a trump supporter to find this to be a very crude and immature gesture from a bunch of 50 year olds. 

I believe Mexico has a wall on their own southern border. 

10 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

It's disrespectful to imply Mexican's are rapist, and killers and then to actually say it. A wall wouldn't stand for some law, it would be built on premise that we are keeping out killers and rapist. 

Its disrespectful to talk about sexually assaulting a girl...it's disrespectful to make fun of a reporter with a disease...it's disrespectful to open a school with false promises that takes your money anyways. 

Guns N Roses doesn't have to live within some standard of respect for Mr. Trump..they can disrespect him as much as they want. Just because he's now Mr. President doesn't make him any less of a shitty person. President Obama was disrespected at every level from the color of his skin to his citizenship and disrespected in that aspect by Donald Trump himself. 

So for you or anyone to ask that anyone show some respect to Donald Trump is absolutely ridiculous. He has done and said absolutely nothing worthy of anyone's respect in his campaign or his leadership since being elected. It should be up to him to change opinions, not the people. 

Trump stated facts, rapist and criminals do come trough the border. (didn't talk about Mexicans in particular.)

Trump didn't talk about sexually assaulting a woman, go back and listen carefully.

Trump did not make fun of him, he didn't know him.

Trump didn't make false promises, Trump University got good reviews from students.

• Like 1

So glad to see 'em doing whatever the fuck they want instead of playing it safe for the sake of their "business".

The only bad thing about this is that I'm seeing people talk about Trump as if he was a decent human being who deserves respect. That makes me lose the little faith I have left for the human kind.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and that includes crazy Axl and foreigner Slash. You have the right not to like their opinion and to say so, but don't tell them to shut up... :)

• Like 4

So... Most mexicans probably hate Trump. Rightfully so, since he's made some pretty slanderous remarks about them just because they are citizens of a nation south of the US border. GNR chose to do a "thing" about it. Big deal. 
There's an apparent reason why they did this, ie. to please the audience. If they would've made a pinata out of Hillary or Obama in Mexico it wouldn't make sense. Now it did.

6 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

As a major GNR supporter, that was pretty damn distasteful to hit a Trump piñata in front of tens of thousands of people. Not gonna stop being a fan or anything but that was a rude, stupid move and management should issue an apology.

Hilarity. All the disrespect Trump has shown to so many throughout his reality-show worthy campaign and you expect him to be shown respect back. He's getting the level of respect he's earned himself

Proud of Guns N' Roses on this. They know how they feel on this and they're not afraid to show it

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

@marlingrl03 I've said it before and I'll say it again, thank you for updating the threads often with pics and vids :headbang:

The band is sounding tight and Axl is on-point. Can't wait for 2017.

Awww thanks. Hearing that never gets old. :) I enjoy doing it! And I agree. ...2017 can't get here quick enough!!! 

3 hours ago, GibsonLP said:

Hilarity. All the disrespect Trump has shown to so many throughout his reality-show worthy campaign and you expect him to be shown respect back. He's getting the level of respect he's earned himself

Proud of Guns N' Roses on this. They know how they feel on this and they're not afraid to show it

By all means, if Axl wants to rant or write new music go for it but hitting a piñata of a major first country leader where hundreds of thousands of fans of his, many of which voted for him is downright inexcusable and immature for a band of this caliber. I expect more class out of this band who plans to do a tour in that country they just pissed on.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

He's who nearly half the country voted to represent America and is a first-world country leader. Bad move considering another US Tour Leg is soon.

All the late night shows bash Trump and they get millions and millions of viewers every night.  Pearl Jam bashed Bush Jr. many many times, I can go on.   I am telling you, this whole thing is not nearly a big deal or a shocking thing as some of the reactionaries here are making it out to be, nor will it negatively impact GNR in any real way.

I don't think it is a bad move, the number of potential ticket sales lost in the US due to a Trump pinata is so minimal that it is most likely not even worth worrying about from a financial point of view.  And like GibsonLP said, Trump himself is not America, they are bashing President Elect Donald Trump, not America the country

And not really even close to half the country voted for him, only nearly half of the number of people who voted - and even then a lot of those votes were not enthusiastically for him but rather enthusiastically against the opposition, but that is another can of worms in its own right lol

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 3