11/30/16 Mexico City, MX - Palacio de los Deportes

gunsguy

Just now, WhazUp said:

All the late night shows bash Trump and they get millions and millions of viewers every night.  Pearl Jam bashed Bush Jr. many many times, I can go on. I don't think it is a bad move, the number of potential ticket sales lost in the US due to a Trump pinata is so minimal that it is most likely not even worth worrying about from a financial point of view

And not really even close to half the country voted for him, only nearly half of the number of people who voted - and even then a lot of those votes were not enthusiastically for him but rather enthusiastically against the opposition, but that is another can of worms in its own right lol

Even if it wasn't a bad move financially (although I still think that's up to debate), I think morally that was a bad move- and again, I'm not against freedom of speech. I don't necessarily think Trump is a great guy, but I don't care if its Hilary, Bernie...anyone, it's morally fucked to hang an effigy of a world leader and beat it up. There are so many other ways the band can get out their frustrations, I would've loved an Axl rant or two or maybe the follow up to CD, "American Democracy" or whatever and enjoyed it but I think smashing a doll of a leader in front of tens of thousands of people was a stupid, stupid move.

10 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

By all means, if Axl wants to rant or write new music go for it but hitting a piñata of a major first country leader where hundreds of thousands of fans of his, many of which voted for him is downright inexcusable and immature for a band of this caliber. I expect more class out of this band who plans to do a tour in that country they just pissed on.

Gnr has every right to express their political views and you have every right to encourage this band. That being i completely support what gnr thinks of trump. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, riot said:

Gnr has every right to express their political views and you have every right to encourage this band. That being i completely support what gnr thinks of trump. 

I think that political expression is okay but not in the form that Axl and co. decided to do.

7 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

@Black Sabbath Are you a professional photographer? Nice work. My favourites are 8 down and 12 down and the last one of the pinata :headbang:

Haha, no, I'm not. But thank you! Always appreciate the praise from pictures I post, though I don't ever think they're that great. But if people like them, I'll continue to do my best taking them - from the front row! ;)