11/30/16 Mexico City, MX - Palacio de los Deportes

gunsguy

5 minutes ago, downzy said:

Apparently after Paradise City a large foam version of Donald Trump was brought on stage.  The band, along with a few invited fans and Del James, proceeded to beat the shit out of it.

Fede has a pic obviously :dance:

CykblPdUAAAoCT1.jpg:large

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Come on, man! I wasn't really calling you a name it's what Napoleon Dynamite says! You seriously haven't seen that movie? I was only teasing, sorry.

I guess I just think it's pretty lighthearted compared to what Trump does. It's a goofy pinata at a rock concert and you're escalating it into a hate crime that somehow makes all democrats hypocrites despite this just being an act of a single rock band.

Ya - you are probably right. No worries bruh - I shouldn't have fired off so quickly. 

In the overall scheme of things it's not that big of a deal and I shouldn't paint millions of people with a single brush. My bad.

I suppose it's fitting of Axl in 2016. He went from being the rebel and rule breaking rock star to now being a rich old dude who supports the mainstream candidate. 

Lol - I tried twice but couldn't make it through that movie. I know a lot of people love it though. 

Edited by Apollo

10 minutes ago, illusionone said:

I wonder if they'll burn the American flag at the next concert? Doesn't matter who the president is and what party they belong to, this is disrespectful and disgusting.  I was excited for 2017 but I'm not sure I feel comfortable supporting this band financially as they disrespect the country that gave them the opportunity to be who they are.  That said, because of where they come from, they have the right and freedom to express their opinion in anyway they want-its just disappointing they chose this way to do it. 

I never thought Axl and Co. would end up being annoying like Pear Jam and U2. I don't go to concerts to have the band push their political agendas on me. 

It's not the message their spewing, it's the way they're doing it.

Slowly losing a life-long fan........:-(

That's exaggerating 

2 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Jesus Christ you guys are so serious. It's all fun and games. Lighten up a bit.

Fun and games? Plonking a mannequin of an extent person on stage and requesting audience members to go up on that stage and beat him up with a stick?

If you dislike Trump and his policies Guns N' Roses, by all means go and write some brilliant Dylan-esque lyrics, but this stunt is pathetic and embarrassing.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, illusionone said:

I wonder if they'll burn the American flag at the next concert? Doesn't matter who the president is and what party they belong to, this is disrespectful and disgusting.  I was excited for 2017 but I'm not sure I feel comfortable supporting this band financially as they disrespect the country that gave them the opportunity to be who they are.  That said, because of where they come from, they have the right and freedom to express their opinion in anyway they want-its just disappointing they chose this way to do it. 

I never thought Axl and Co. would end up being annoying like Pear Jam and U2. I don't go to concerts to have the band push their political agendas on me. 

It's not the message their spewing, it's the way they're doing it.

Slowly losing a life-long fan........:-(

Interesting view...I wonder if there will be a backlash like the Dixie Chicks had when they bad mouthed President Bush overseas? 

I doubt their promoter wants this to go viral with a 2017 tour in the states on the table and tickets needing to be sold. 

But then again it's Donald Trump...I think most Americans already have a negative view of the guy. Half the people that voted for him are too embarrassed to say so, most start conversations about this with "I'm no fan of Donald Trump...but I don't like Hillary either" 

so im not sure if your view is in the minority yet or not, but from my point of view its kinda funny...after all the sh*t this band has done over the years...after everything Axl has been accused of...and you're going to say "welp this is it...they crossed the line this time disrespecting Donald Trump is the final straw, it was fun guys but I can't support this" it just seems a bit ridiculous at this point 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Fun and games? Plonking a mannequin of an extent person on stage and requesting audience members to go up on that stage and beat him up with a stick?

If you dislike Trump and his policies Guns N' Roses, by all means go and write some brilliant Dylan-esque lyrics, but this stunt is pathetic and embarrassing.

It's a fucking doll. It would be different if Axl was inciting a riot or directly encouraging people to go out there and beat the actual shit out of him. There's no need to get offended on someone else's behalf, especially when there's no physical harm done to anybody.

But yes, i would rather see their energy go towards writing more music, and if i were their PR guy, i wouldn't have allowed them to erect and attack a Trump doll.

Just now, Live Like a Suicide said:

It's a fucking doll.

Not just a random doll but a doll representing a person. It wasn't even funny! Axl (et al.) is standing there laughing like an idiot at something completely unfunny, unless the humour was completely lost on me, which I suppose is quite possible?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not that bothered about it as I washed my hands with this band about ten years ago. It is not going to affect my opinion on them either way, as I already find them embarrassing. Attempts to interpret my reaction as exaggeration are going to be flawed as I'm merely reacting to the event as I have recently read about it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Interesting view...I wonder if there will be a backlash like the Dixie Chicks had when they bad mouthed President Bush overseas? 

I doubt their promoter wants this to go viral with a 2017 tour in the states on the table and tickets needing to be sold. 

But then again it's Donald Trump...I think most Americans already have a negative view of the guy. Half the people that voted for him are too embarrassed to say so, most start conversations about this with "I'm no fan of Donald Trump...but I don't like Hillary either" 

so im not sure if your view is in the minority yet or not, but from my point of view its kinda funny...after all the sh*t this band has done over the years...after everything Axl has been accused of...and you're going to say "welp this is it...they crossed the line this time disrespecting Donald Trump is the final straw, it was fun guys but I can't support this" it just seems a bit ridiculous at this point.

I can see your point and I respect it. Prior to this, GNR never disrespected America, especially when they were not in the country. For me this is close to the line... hopefully it's an isolated event.

BTW - I'm not outraged or emotional about it.  It is just making me think...

Edited by illusionone

Really disappointed, I hate politics mixed with my music, tasteless not needed very divisive by AXL, I've defended him so many times over the years. I've traveled to Canada, Kentucky, Tennessee, Atlanta, spent thousands of dollars because I'm a huge fan to see my favorite band, such a dick move by AXL, Tasteless! Really just pisses me off! freedom of speech though, fuck you AXL, freedom of speech!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jguns said:

Really disappointed, I hate politics mixed with my music, tasteless not needed very divisive by AXL, I've defended him so many times over the years. I've traveled to Canada, Kentucky, Tennessee, Atlanta, spent thousands of dollars because I'm a huge fan to see my favorite band, such a dick move by AXL, Tasteless! Really just pisses me off! freedom of speech though, fuck you AXL, freedom of speech!

While Axl is definitely not a trump fan, I find it hard to believe he wanted this and came up with the idea, more like that moron Del James. I'd bet money hes to blame for it