Richard talks about rehearsal In Guns N' Roses

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

But they reintroduced Coma and even a standard Gn'R show, let's face it, even if they're old, older... can you get anywhere else that type of hard rock show? maybe AC/DC but that's branded ginger as well.

They do have a very commercial product to sell now. The live show I think struck the right balance between the old days and bringing it to a more modern Vegas type of deal. Even the new neon logo I thought touched the right vibe.

And Slash is playing Sorry and all bunch of things. I think it's fun enough and it sure as fuck selling well. But at some point they're gonna need to play something fresh. I think they'll add stuff from the catalog slowly. They probably don't want to use it all up cause Axl doesn't release albums very often. That and covers is a powerful distraction weapon as Axl delays his way through life.

I agree and this is obviously the greatest hits tour. But this is GnR... they never played by the book. It would have been so much more GnR if they played a lot more varied setlist each night. And not worrying if SCOM, WTTJ, November Rain or Paradise City isn't played every night. I know many people would be disappointed because those are the big hits they want to hear, but it would be badass to just mix it up. Like Pearl Jam... they don't play ''Alive'' and "Jeremy" every night just because those are the big hits, and the fans respect them for it. 

9 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Nice diss on NuGN'R :lol:

Was about to post same thing.   This is LOL.  Not that rehearsals woulda done NuGuns any good though.  "I’ve rehearsed more in this last year with that band than I have in the previous 14 years put together". 

2 hours ago, scooby845 said:

What would have you been ranting about if Fortus had been initially the original in Guns in 1985.. You would consider him as good as Izzy..

Only if Fortus had then proceeded to write and collaborate on some of the great songs of rock, songs of the calibre of ''Patience'' and such like; considering Fortus has never demonstrated any discernible songwriting gifts, this hypothetical scenario seems rather implausible!

Fortus is an incredible guitar player. Technically speaking he is better than Slash, no doubt about it. He doesn't have the same distinguished sound or soul Slash is gifted with, but hands down he's an amazing player.

Most people will always prefer Izzy simply because he's the founder and (co)-writer of so many songs.  

But the reality is that Izzy doesn't want to be part of it... that sucks, but it is what it is. I would prefer Izzy too, but it just doesn't seem to happen. Positive note is that we've got two guys on stage now that we guitar geeks can listen to in awe.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1

Locking this while we clean the thread a bit.

One thing is derailing another is even worse... DO NOT attack users of the forum because the point of view is not the same as yours, if you can't get your point across without attacking users personally simply do not post.

To state you dislike Fortus etc is fine and welcome.  To call another user names is NOT fine, never has been.

EDIT: thread cleaned back to Powerage5 asking that we stay on topic.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, EvanG said:

Fortus is an incredible guitar player. Technically speaking he is better than Slash, no doubt about it. He doesn't have the same distinguished sound or soul Slash is gifted with, but hands down he's an amazing player.

Most people will always prefer Izzy simply because he's the founder and (co)-writer of so many songs.  

But the reality is that Izzy doesn't want to be part of it... that sucks, but it is what it is. I would prefer Izzy too, but it just doesn't seem to happen. Positive note is that we've got two guys on stage now that we guitar geeks can listen to in awe.

Completely agree! Fortus is a better replacement than most other rhythm players who arent Izzy would be. It really could be a lot worse.

Just gonna leave this here

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, DR DOOM said:

I keep reading how Fortus was offered a spot in Bowie's band, can I get some proof of this?

I think I've asked before on here and nobody came back to me.

There's a thread in a Bowie messageboard from 2002 asking if the Fortus rumor was true. Nobody replied but there was at least some Bowie/Fortus talk at one point. 

Edited by Modano09

20 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Don't get why my posts were deleted considering I never really said anything wrong or nasty didn't even name call but ok..

Maybe re-read Powerage5's post? We are attempting to keep thread on topic, the topic is not Fortus vs. Stradlin

Richard seems like a nice guy to have around - diplomatic, non-confrontational. His guitar playing is exactly the same - fits in, shines when needed. Diplomatic. All in all - a great session musician who does what is expected of him. Pity that great bands are almost never formed of a bunch of great session musicians - we would have tons of great bands if it were so... Like @Tom-Ass said - he's fully replaceable. Any other great session guitarist would do, and there's plenty of them. But as long as he does his job well, he's secure. Axl Rose will never take any risks to form a great band again - he's too cozy in his comfort zone.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2016 at 8:24 AM, slash97 said:

All this Fortus hate here is pissing me off. Why don't you give him a break? He's a talented player, seems very humble about it and the other guys clearly enjoy working with him. Of course, it would be even better if Izzy was there and Fortus is not on Izzy's level in terms of songwriting, but they tried to get Izzy and it didn't work out. Fortus is a hell of a replacement and is probably much easier to deal with on a personal level than Izzy and he's been doing a great job on the tour so far. This is easily the best time to be a fan of this band in over 20 years, so why don't you just enjoy what we have instead of complaining about a guy who's been doing a hell of a job in this band for 15 years now.

Why let other people's opinions make you so angry? Just because you love a guitar player doesn't mean that everybody else has to.

And this might "easily" be the best time to be a fan of the band for you. But again, not everybody has to like the same things you do. For me, the "best time" to be a fan of the band in the last 20 years was 2008 when Axl released an album. 

That was way more exciting and enjoyable than watching 3/5 of the classic lineup play songs they made popular 30 years ago. Songs that Axl has played live several hundred times. Watching Axl play Mr Brownstone for the 493th time isn't that exciting for some of us.

I saw GnR in 99 or 2000 and they played new songs. CD. Rhiad. The Blues. Madagascar. That was an amazing time to be a fan. Hearing It's So Easy for the 384th time? I could take it or leave it.

Your opinion is 100% correct. For you. But other people are allowed to share their opinions on this FORUM - even if they differ from yours. Why get mad about what complete strangers think?

If this is the best time to be a fan - in your opinion - then sit back and enjoy the ride. 

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 2

On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 1:48 AM, StrangerInThisTown said:

Completely agree! Fortus is a better replacement than most other rhythm players who arent Izzy would be. It really could be a lot worse.

Just gonna leave this here

Please stop reminding us of the darkest period of our lives !

Please move these kind of videos to the 'discussion of random things that have nothing to do with GNR' section.

• Like 1

Ppl here talking about how Fortus cant be in Izzy's place cause Izzy has composed most of GNR catalog... Let me just tell you guys something: Fortus has credit for most of the songs on both Dead Daisies albums he playd. And both of these albums are great. In fact, their new album, the one Fortus didnt play isnt great as the previous ones. 

Not saying Fortus can replace Izzy, nobody can actually, but this is the situation we have and I dont think its changing anytime soon so, lets try to make the best of it. The guy can do stuff if they give him the space to. Good stuff. 

Edited by default_

15 minutes ago, Vic Sage said:

I have no problem with Richard.Who knows? Perhaps we will see him and Izzy on stage.

Like this.  Starting around 0:57 and especially around 2:16.  rock4 :hug:

Edited by triad
  • Like 2