Richard talks about rehearsal In Guns N' Roses

He's perfect and win - win both for Axl and Slash, skill wise, not too overwhelming presence, and humble personality.

Remember Axl actually want a gung ho like Zakk Wylde or Dave Navarro for rhythm player, and Slash tendency to picks guitarist with non existent presence like Gilby and Kushner.

You can tell Richard is happy as fuck about playing with Slash and Duff, being in a band together.

I like that he still wants to be there, now more than ever and appreciates the chance to be a part of that. It's not just about the money.

Funny how he had to turn Slash down but gave him permission to use his equipment if he wanted to? I think that's how it happened. Very cool of him, he probably felt bad but it worked out in the end.

He sounds great with Slash and Duff. I especially enjoy it when Richard plays rhythm and Slash is on lead, they sound mean as shit together. Both have a bigger sound and Richard's fluid playing makes it more sleazy.

• Like 2

Richard Fortus is the Best Guitar player in Guns N' Roses history with Slash.

The thing is Richard is a fantastic LEAD & RYTHM Guitar player also. He makes the band better. His lead Guitar playing is also amazing. I'm sure he will play tons of guitar solos on the next records. We will hear him massively. 

Slash is playing better than ever because of Fortus. Fortus drives Slash in a good way. He motivates him. 

I'm hopping for a Slash-Fortus combo on guitar on the next records. Just the two of them. Nobody else. Let's be focused. That would be magical and logical. No need the previous and past players. It's all about Slash & Fortus now. 

It's a GREAT time to be a GN'R fan again! 

Edited by Caraibes
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Except for the fact that he was PART of that debacle...

He was a part of the solution, and he's one of the main reasons why Guns can tour on this level now as well. He turned down major offers just so he could stay in Guns.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Rovim said:

He was a part of the solution, and he's one of the main reasons why Guns can tour on this level now as well. He turned down major offers just so he can stay in Guns.

Right.  As if they can't find another guitar player (Gilby ?) in five seconds...

And the only thing he did that was anywhere near the level of GNR was Rihanna.  Trust me, he's not gonna get anything 'more major' than GNR ...  and he knows it !

2 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Right.  As if they can't find another guitar player (Gilby ?) in five seconds...

And the only thing he did that was anywhere near the level of GNR was Rihanna.  Trust me, he's not gonna get anything 'more major' than GNR ...  and he knows it !

What are you talking about? major offers son. David Bowie, Thin Lizzy, even Slash himself according to Richard and many, many more.

And yes, he played with Rihanna cause it's also a job and he's a session musician as well. (much like Slash's other gig of playing on many albums of different artists)

Gilby is not at Richard's level. Why would Axl even attempt to find another guitar player when he's perfectly satisfied with Richard? and Slash wanted to play with him before he came back to Guns. And Richard was in bands with Frank for years and in Guns for 15 years. Too many advantages in keeping Fortus. Will be fuckin' stupid of Axl to fire him not to mention shitty.

12 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

And that goes to prove what?

Izzy, Gilby, Matt, Steven, Slash, Duff... all of them while out of GNR had nothing as (or more) "major" as GNR.

Edited by MisterNo

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I disagree.

Gilbert is just not good enough to be in this incarnation of Guns. It's a fact they need someone to play Bucket leads so technically, no. Clerk just doesn't have what it takes.

Then was different. All he had to do was to play Izzy's parts mostly. Now... on top of terrific rhythm work, Fortus must also noodle like there's no tommorow and that's just ain't what Gilby is about, although he can play some good leads.

Besides, Slash wants to play with Fortus.

• Like 1

I don't even know what to say about this guy, he is pretty diplomatic, he just doesn't wants to get his ass kicked, like grow up some balls dude.

Before he din't wanted to share the same stage as Slash and now suddenly its an honor?

I bet he would say the same thing for Ashba too. 

At least Ashba had the decency to step down and over the years he has always said that Slash is one of the reasons why he took the gig and always said good things about Slash. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

No one else should be playing any leads in that band except Slash. What they need is a Stonesy rhythm

That was Izzy's thing and all Gilby can do really is The Stonesy thing. With Richard you get the rock n' roll groove, the hard rock AC/DC rhythm thing with Thin Lizzy too.

Fortus plays Izzy's You're Crazy riff perfectly and he changed that around. He has exactly what Guns need. This ain't The Stones.

Izzy's playing also had a hard edge to it, and even if Richard has a difference style (how shocking) that is harder, doesn't mean it's wrong for Guns or that Izzy was the only one or Gilby that were what Gn'R really needs.

You just don't like Richard. Please don't confuse that with knowing what Gn'R needs.

6 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

I don't even know what to say about this guy, he is pretty diplomatic, he just doesn't wants to get his ass kicked, like grow up some balls dude.

Before he din't wanted to share the same stage as Slash and now suddenly its an honor?

I bet he would say the same thing for Ashba too. 

At least Ashba had the decency to step down and over the years he has always said that Slash is one of the reasons why he took the gig and always said good things about Slash. 

He did want to share the stage with Slash but couldn't cause he knows Axl and probably didn't want to piss him off and/or lose his job.

You might call it cowardly, I think it's smart. One gig with Slash ain't worth risking his Gn'R gig. (sounds weird)

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

That was Izzy's thing and all Gilby can do really is The Stonesy thing. With Richard you get the rock n' roll groove, the hard rock AC/DC rhythm thing with Thin Lizzy too.

Fortus plays Izzy's You're Crazy riff perfectly and he changed that around. He has exactly what Guns need. This ain't The Stones.

Izzy's playing also had a hard edge to it, and even if Richard has a difference style (how shocking) that is harder, doesn't mean it's wrong for Guns or that Izzy was the only one or Gilby that were what Gn'R really needs.

You just don't like Richard. Please don't confuse that with knowing what Gn'R needs.

'What GN'R need'? Does Axl even know what GN'R need (clearly GN'R need to never release albums and tour the hits for twenty years)? At least if I was in charge, you could guarantee there would be a clearing out of the vaults!

• Like 2