COMA. One of the epic rock songs of alll time or just a waste of 10 minutes?

Ace Nova

I've been a Guns fan for almost 30 years now.

I always liked Coma but never spent the time to appreciate it.

This is the one song they sound better on now than they did... ever. 

It's a musical masterpiece, more than likely Gun's best work, artistically.  It's fucking awesome.

Slash takes the guitar work to new levels, and Axl is right there with him.  Side by side, note per note, they are perfectly in sinc.

This song defines the talent level of both Axl and Slash. 

Masterpiece.

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 4

It needs to be played twice on every show. A waste of 10 minutes? bitch, KOHD is a waste of 10 minutes. Not Coma. It's played on every fuckin' show and is boring as hell. Coma Hasn't been played for years, an epic Slash deep cut that the fanbase enjoys and Slash is breaking strings in the outro.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

Always liked it but grew to really love it as i got older, bit like Estranged. Coma-Locomotive-Estranged are 3 brilliant Axl/Slash collabs and showed the band going for more complex arrangements without losing any edge.

And Civil War. 4 brilliant with not losing any edge (November Rain I guess gave it a more Elton John edge)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i never thought much of it til i saw it live. i mean GUYS had tears in their eyes and went absolutely bananas when it started to play! and this was not some random crowd, this was made up mostly of die hard fans ( Vegas '16 ) some who travelled great distances to see them. and not just the radio hits, we were there for some of the lesser known deep cuts. it did not disappoint and i gained much respect for it ( it's now one of my favorites )

• Like 1

"metal dude" -  Axl 

I can't fathom disliking this song

On 12/21/2016 at 8:59 AM, jumanism said:

The last ~3 minutes of the song are one of the finest in rock history IMO. Axl's vocal melody and delivery are incredible and the lyrics are bloody amazing. Always gets me absolutely pumped. 

For sure. 

It's a cathartic cleanser. Hearing them play it now is just amazing. 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8. 2. 2017 at 0:52 AM, ToonGuns said:

Epic. Love it.

Never heard a song structured in such a way before, the dynamic of the structure matches the lyrics and story of the song. Very clever.

And yes, the final 3 minutes are the best.

Just hope they play it in London when I am there this year.

The structure is based on how it really is, loosing consciousness in really harsh manner and then emerging back. Far no coma-themed song compares to it.

• 4 weeks later...

The outro is fucking amazing, solos are killer. I always loved the last lines : "when you reach the point of breaking know that it's gonna take some time, to heal the broken memories that another man would need just to survive" 

What do you think he means in those lines? 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...