Myles Kennedy: We Have Recently Had Communication About Reconvening Slash & The Conspirators; New Album

MYLES KENNEDY INTERVIEW: MUSIC LIFE MAGAZINE

October 24, 2016

As most of the universe knows, Slash reunited with Axl Rose and Duff McKagan to tour with Guns ‘N Roses throughout most of 2016. Kennedy said he and his fellow bandmates in Slash’s band knew late last year that the reunion was happening, but that the time had already been set aside for the Alter Bridge writing, recording and touring cycle.  

“We usually have this sort of thing planned out well in advance. I think I knew, as did the rest of the Conspirators [including Canadians Todd Kerns and Brent Fitz] by the fall of last year about the GnR reunion,” he said, adding that there has been talk of their band getting back together again at some point.  

“We actually had communication about a month or month and a half ago about reconvening in the next year to 18 months. So the door is definitely open.”

http://www.musiclifemagazine.net/myles-kennedy-discusses-alter-bridges-heroic-new-album-canadian-rockers-and-more/

Image result for slash & the conspirators

Edit to add:

Is there any talk about a new album with Slash yet, or is Alter Bridge mainly at the forefront right now?  

Myles Kennedy: Alter Bridge is the forefront right now, but we’ve talked about reconvening in the next 18 months or so and doing another record with the Conspirators, so we’ll see how it all plays out!

http://audioinkradio.com/2016/10/alter-bridge-myles-kennedy-interview/

Edited by Funky.Monkey
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, SoundOfAGun said:

You know it!

Not necessarily.  Keep in mind, the plan for SMK was initially to record the next album in May before the Guns summer tour.  Obviously that did not pan out.  I think it's obvious that should Axl get Slash & Duff in the studio to contribute to the next album then that would take precedence for Slash.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

Not necessarily.  Keep in mind, the plan for SMK was initially to record the next album in May before the Guns summer tour.  Obviously that did not pan out.  I think it's obvious that should Axl get Slash & Duff in the studio to contribute to the next album then that would take precedence for Slash.

I would love to see new music from my favourite band and would love to be proved wrong, but I don't think it will happen. I would be very excited to eat my words on this! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SoundOfAGun said:

I would love to see new music from my favourite band and would love to be proved wrong, but I don't think it will happen. I would be very excited to eat my words on this! 

Yeah, the odds aren't exactly in our favor going by the way Axl operates.  I'm just saying that one project won't necessarily impact the other.  In theory, Slash could spend just a week or so in the studio adding solos or whatever else to existing GNR tracks and that will be that and it can move on to mixing.

Unfortunately, it really depends on Axl's desire to make it happen.  Who knows where he's at with that as of today.  

As an immense Slash fan and even greater of Guns N' Roses as a whole (if that is even possible) I am not open to seeing the reconvening of SMKC... This happens to be the last productive 'era' of GnR.. not by what it has achieved recording wise (nothing..lol) but cause it's setting itself in accelerated motion, thus it cannot suffer from even the slightest of hiccups or bumps on the road.. This is the time to fire on all cylinders.. Now's the time either for CD 2 revival or entirely new record...

As for Slash, the best thing he could do is to undertake once again what he did with his Slash.. That beats anything any of the GnR members has done so far...

But, if he opts for SMKC...please..just please...no touring, just record and release and profit...

7 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Yeah, the odds aren't exactly in our favor going by the way Axl operates.  I'm just saying that one project won't necessarily impact the other.  In theory, Slash could spend just a week or so in the studio adding solos or whatever else to existing GNR tracks and that will be that and it can move on to mixing.

Unfortunately, it really depends on Axl's desire to make it happen.  Who knows where he's at with that as of today.  

Who knows. Axl did say in that hour longish interview this year that he wished he would've done releases outside of a major label like Geffen (probably because its easier with less legalese). I mean look at Metallica (regardless if you like them or not), theyre releasing their new album on their own label, and they release teasers to their new songs, as well as new videos for them (3 as of writing this). Meaning they work on their own terms so to speak. So who knows, maybe Axl will just up and release one stuff

12 minutes ago, starlight said:

There's no intention of a new GNR album otherwise Slash wouldn't be thinking about returning with SMKC.

Everything will end after the whole world tour.

Slash always engaged in recording outside of Guns so I see this as proof of nothing. Not to mention that to be honest I suspect it went more or less that way:

Myles calling Slash:

- Hey Slash do you think we will ever go back to recording the album ?

- Mmm, sure, of course, probably...

- When do you think, in a year from now, 18 motnhs or something...

- Yeah, probably, maybe, sure...

:lol:

Truth is, with Guns, the whole thing is spontaneous and haphazard, there are no plans. At first they only had April planned, it sems, then only the NA tour, then.... They go one step at a time and nobody knows what will happen after the tour, I guess...

Edited by Asia
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, starlight said:

There's no intention of a new GNR album otherwise Slash wouldn't be thinking about returning with SMKC.

Everything will end after the whole world tour.

Why do people think these things are related? Myles was touring and releasing albums with AB and SMKC. Mark Tremonti released a solo album last year and then another solo album and an AB album this year.

In 12-18 months (plus all the time they've had this year) they could perfectly write and record an album. If it doesn't happen is because Axl doesn't want/ain't ready/wants to work more on it, not because of Slash touring with his other band.

7 minutes ago, Asia said:

Slash always engaged in recording outside of Guns so I see this as proof of nothing. Not to mention that to be honest I suspect it went more or less that way:

Myles calling Slash:

Truth is, with Guns, the whole thing is spontaneous and haphazard, there are no plans. At first they only had April planned, it sems, then only the NA tour, then.... They go one step at a time and nobody knows what will happen after the tour, I guess...

I think Myles calling Slash and asking him to put the band back together is more unlikely than Axl releasing 10 albums in the next 3 months. He's starting to tour Alter Bridge's new album and has a solo record ready to release as soon as he actually has some time off of both AB and SMKC.

I mean, he's as busy as he could be. I imagine it more like Slash not wanting to have any time off and testing the waters with Myles schedule wise to make sure as soon as Guns take a break, he can get his other band going.

Disappointing if that means The Conspirators are Slash's only way to release music.

Just want new music with both Slash's guitar and Axl's voice. I don't care about them featuring on anything else.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Asia said:

Myles calling Slash:

yeah knowing Slash things must have gone that way lol. He lied to Vicky Hamilton about the reunion ahah

Surely Axl can't let Slash go again and waste his chance to make new GNR music...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Why do people think these things are related? Myles was touring and releasing albums with AB and SMKC. Mark Tremonti released a solo album last year and then another solo album and an AB album this year.

In 12-18 months (plus all the time they've had this year) they could perfectly write and record an album. If it doesn't happen is because Axl doesn't want/ain't ready/wants to work more on it, not because of Slash touring with his other band.

I think Myles calling Slash and asking him to put the band back together is more unlikely than Axl releasing 10 albums in the next 3 months. He's starting to tour Alter Bridge's new album and has a solo record ready to release as soon as he actually has some time off of both AB and SMKC.

I mean, he's as busy as he could be. I imagine it more like Slash not wanting to have any time off and testing the waters with Myles schedule wise to make sure as soon as Guns take a break, he can get his other band going.

I think it didn't really matter to me who called who in this example. What I wanted to say is that they both probably make some vague plans just in case, they're nothing special and can change any moment.

8 minutes ago, Asia said:

I think it didn't really matter to me who called who in this example. What I wanted to say is that they both probably make some vague plans just in case, they're nothing special and can change any moment.

Then yeah, I agree. They're just thinking about it but they can't actually know anything for sure as nothing's ever set in stone with GNR.