Myles Kennedy: We Have Recently Had Communication About Reconvening Slash & The Conspirators; New Album

44 minutes ago, wasted said:

I can see why Slash is going back to Conspirators. Axl won't let him in fully. Or Slash was never happy with his role in Guns. But he may still want to be part of the next GNR record. 

Or he doesn't mind comprimising but he likes to have a Project where he's the only boss and he has the final say too.

I love how people always go to the worst option possible here, Slash doesn't seem resentful to me now.

1 hour ago, giuls said:

We already knew they were working at something and it got pushed back, did we think it wont get out? because i didn't, Slash's a workholic, not surprised ar all

I didn't say he was resentful.

But if he was 100% satisfied by Guns he wouldn't have quit or need to do solo. He would have done Snakepit as Guns. If he had free range like he does in Conspirators he would do Guns full time. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, wasted said:

I didn't say he was resentful.

But if he was 100% satisfied by Guns he wouldn't have quit or need to do solo. He would have done Snakepit as Guns. If he had free range like he does in Conspirators he would do Guns full time. 

You implied it by saying he wasn't happy in his role and Axl doesnt let him in fully.

I don't get why you cited things of 20+ years ago, no shit he wasn't happy, no-one was, i think even Axl was unhappy with the state of the band but what applied then dont necessarily apply now, in 2016.

I don't think Slash went in wanting to be 100 satisfied if they decided to record, i think he knows that in GNR he wont have free range because it's not just his band, thinking he doesn't have to work in people on equal footing with Axl and Duff there (so no free range) is stupid tbh.

Compromising isn't a bad thing and i dont get why you think Slash is unhappy in his role when there's no indication of it because you can be happy and satisfied about a group Project where everyone worked together but you can be excited about your own Project too, one doesn't take away from the other.

Not saying the new GNR album is coming right now but this doesn't unequivically mean that it isnt gonna happen and i'll be hard pressed to say Slash is unhappy because of this, again, no indication.

Edited by giuls

2 hours ago, Top-Hatted One said:

gnr should sell the plane and start their own label

Good point. Acting like rock stars while failing to make music is embarrassing. 

But it's like getting a blow job and half way through saying stop stop I don't deserve this. This reunion is the blow job and until it's over no one is saying anything. Maybe after it's complete they will make us an omlette or at least call room service before they throw us out the hotel. 

• Like 1

Would be interesting to see how slash would develope his solo stuff after the gnr tour - I guess he would heavily concentrate on his solo stuff because no one would want to hear myles butcher gnr songs after everybody saw the real deal. That would also mean slash should get used playing to much smaller crowds if he doesn't play anymore gnr songs during his solo shows.

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times. Myles Kennedy sucks and we need a new Guns N' Roses album!

This. All Slash's riffs get completely wasted on shitty albums with Myles anyway, a good riff cannot save a completely shitty and unlistenable song anyway, so no difference, vault or another Myles Kennedy record.

• Like 1

This band is pretty tight and they are amazing live. 

They are pretty talented. When playing GN'R songs they sound really awesome. 

Brent Snape Fitz is amazing on the drums, I would say that after Steven Adler, he gets the Drum sound right on GNR songs. 

Todd Kerns is amazing too.

Frank Sidores complements Slash's lead stuff, he does what he is supposed to do. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure which one is worse: a new slash album with myles or the prospect of no new GNR music.

both are equally bumming me out

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

If there's an Axl/DC album coming before Guns release new music I'll be heavily pissed at Axl.

angus is going to make sure it rocks though.

he won't allow CD-level nonsense

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Asia said:

Oh please Slash give it up. There's been far too many of those shitty, boring albums with that dreadful voice already. Even if nothing works out with Guns, do another solo record or whatever :facepalm:

If you're going to complain about dreadful voices ... I wouldn't hold my breath for Axl's next album !

• Like 2

Well, if it would be true that Axl is more interested in doing the DC album rather then release more Guns music (which we have no suggestion of so far, luckily) and Slash would prefer to make music with Myles (which we also have no suggestion of, luckily), then well, just end it. End GNR, close the fucking chapter once and for all. Doing other things with full engagment and interest and every now and then organizing a big cash grab Guns tour with little emotional engagement on their part just to repair their bank accounts would be another blow tarnishing the legacy of this once great band and another kick in the face of its fans that I wouldn't want to see. If the case is such (hopefully not though) I'd rather see this as farewell thing at least until everyobody gets a real heartfelt need to bring this band back to its original glory.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Asia said:

Well, if it would be true that Axl is more interested in doing the DC album rather then release more Guns music (which we have no suggestion of so far, luckily) and Slash would prefer to make music with Myles (which we also have no suggestion of, luckily), then well, just end it. End GNR, close the fucking chapter once and for all. Doing other things with full engagment and interest and every now and then organizing a big cash grab Guns tour with little emotional engagement on their part just to repair their bank accounts would be another blow tarnishing the legacy of this once great band and another kick in the face of its fans that I wouldn't want to see. If the case is such (hopefully not though) I'd rather see this as farewell thing at least until everyobody gets a real heartfelt need to bring this band back to its original glory.

GNR ended around 1996.  Everything after that has been an embarrassment.

Back to its original glory ?  There's nothing glorious about Fortus and Ferrer...

• Like 2

No more Myles and the Conspirators please. That's one of the most generic, boring things Slash has ever done. Even if nothing comes out of GNR, he can find something better to do. I'd take another album like his s/t over Myles and them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Back to its original glory ?  There's nothing glorious about Fortus and Ferrer...

Well if they make and release new music and tour it, if they are creatively, artistically and emotionally engaged in it again, I can swallow Fortus and Ferrer without a hiccup, to me they don't differ at all from Sorum and Clarke. But if their hearts are elsewhere (AC/DC, solo projects, whatever) and in the long run they would only want to use GNR as a huge money-making machine, then, no, thank you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times. Myles Kennedy sucks and we need a new Guns N' Roses album!

Yeap, his voice is worse than Mickey's.

2 hours ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Fortus is actually a nice composer and can actually add something to the table if given the oportunity, just check his albuns with Dead Daisis (which he has credit for 80% of the songs) and you'll see some of the finest rock n' roll songs produced in the last 20 years, waaaay better than the shit Slash and Duff released in 2000's.
Not sure about Frank tho, dont know if he can create a song plus the guy is a regular drummer with no feeling or anything. 

Edited by default_

1 hour ago, Asia said:

Well if they make and release new music and tour it, if they are creatively, artistically and emotionally engaged in it again, I can swallow Fortus and Ferrer without a hiccup, to me they don't differ at all from Sorum and Clarke. But if their hearts are elsewhere (AC/DC, solo projects, whatever) and in the long run they would only want to use GNR as a huge money-making machine, then, no, thank you.

This.

We as fans want a new album but if they're not into it and just put something out because the fans want it...it won't be a true "Guns" record....and no better than anything else they've released (solo projects, etc) since Illusions.  They all need to be 100% committed and focused in order to rekindle the creative magic that drove them during the 80's and early 90's.