Myles Kennedy: We Have Recently Had Communication About Reconvening Slash & The Conspirators; New Album

8 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I would prefer "You might know this guy..ladies and gentlemen Mr. Izzy Stradlin"

I think it's awesome that Steven Adler is sitting in on a few tours. I wasn't lucky enough to see him at Dodger Stadium because I went on the Thursday evening show but yes it would be awesome to have all of them back on stage, including Izzy Stradlin but I don't think his presence or lack of will break the band.

On 11/4/2016 at 3:37 AM, wasted said:

I didn't say he was resentful.

But if he was 100% satisfied by Guns he wouldn't have quit or need to do solo. He would have done Snakepit as Guns. If he had free range like he does in Conspirators he would do Guns full time. 

People seem to forget they were already working on an album before Slash came back to GnR. As had been posted here many times, he was about done recording. I see no reason to assume he's unhappy because he's fulfilling or may fulfill something that he already started and pushed back for GnR.

When the Reunion was announced it was said they decided to push back from a spring 2016 to a TBD date. Also the article which has an interview with Slash said he was about 90% done recording the album. It's also been said he records separately then they add their bits or whatever.

55 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

People seem to forget they were already working on an album before Slash came back to GnR. As had been posted here many times, he was about done recording. I see no reason to assume he's unhappy because he's fulfilling or may fulfill something that he already started and pushed back for GnR.

When the Reunion was announced it was said they decided to push back from a spring 2016 to a TBD date. Also the article which has an interview with Slash said he was about 90% done recording the album. It's also been said he records separately then they add their bits or whatever.

But overall if he was happy in Guns there would be no solo records?

There just seems to be something missing there. Slash has never even said he likes his role in GNR and the freedom of solo. It feels more like nothing will happen with Guns at least for a while. 

Edited by wasted
Slash

Slash is happy when he's working. Axl is gonna put on his work clothes as soon as he returns home, clap his hands, and will say to Slash and Duff: "let's get to work!". It's not gonna happen.

Slash is not going to wait for Axl to be in the mood. Even if plans for Conspirators were there before the Guns tour, make no mistake: Slash doing Conspirators after the Guns tour is, in fact, an indication nothing has change.

Slash would have put The Conspirators on an indefinite hold if Axl would have been interested in finishing CD ll with him and Duff and releasing it as soon as possible. It's bigger, it's Guns N' Roses, it has much more weight compared to his little solo band.

Same snail pace as always, and Axl is the only reason. His priorities dictate the pace.

On 11/3/2016 at 10:07 PM, scooby845 said:

As an immense Slash fan and even greater of Guns N' Roses as a whole (if that is even possible) I am not open to seeing the reconvening of SMKC... This happens to be the last productive 'era' of GnR.. not by what it has achieved recording wise (nothing..lol) but cause it's setting itself in accelerated motion, thus it cannot suffer from even the slightest of hiccups or bumps on the road.. This is the time to fire on all cylinders.. Now's the time either for CD 2 revival or entirely new record...

As for Slash, the best thing he could do is to undertake once again what he did with his Slash.. That beats anything any of the GnR members has done so far...

But, if he opts for SMKC...please..just please...no touring, just record and release and profit...

You don't profit from releasing, its touring only these days, you should know that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rovim said:

Slash is happy when he's working. Axl is gonna put on his work clothes as soon as he returns home, clap his hands, and will say to Slash and Duff: "let's get to work!". It's not gonna happen.

Slash is not going to wait for Axl to be in the mood. Even if plans for Conspirators were there before the Guns tour, make no mistake: Slash doing Conspirators after the Guns tour is, in fact, an indication nothing has change.

Slash would have put The Conspirators on an indefinite hold if Axl would have been interested in finishing CD ll with him and Duff and releasing it as soon as possible. It's bigger, it's Guns N' Roses, it has much more weight compared to his little solo band.

Same snail pace as always, and Axl is the only reason. His priorities dictate the pace.

While you are probably right, until the tour is over and they go seperate ways, we really just don't know. I mean, "we have recently had communication about reconvening Slash and the Conpirators in the next year or so", that just doesn't sound 100% solid to me. That's almost on the level of a nuGuns/Axl cryptic statement.

1 hour ago, J Dog said:

I mean, "we have recently had communication about reconvening Slash and the Conpirators in the next year or so", that just doesn't sound 100% solid to me. That's almost on the level of a nuGuns/Axl cryptic statement.

That is just my condensed headline.  Myles exact quote is:

“We actually had communication about a month or month and a half ago about reconvening in the next year to 18 months. So the door is definitely open.”

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Funky.Monkey said:

“We actually had communication about a month or month and a half ago about reconvening in the next year to 18 months. So the door is definitely open.”

To me it sounds like they are planning on  reconnecting in about a year and half simply to determine if they are gong to resume or make plans to resume their project or if they need to keep it on pause for a little bit longer.

So those who are not musicians or artists don't love or feel passionate for their jobs? 

Music or art are the only "jobs" you do with love and passion?

I love my papers, my numbers and my desk.. And I love being paid for doing it.

I'm very talented with numbers, just Like an artist with his art.

I can't  see any difference

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Funky.Monkey said:

But why reconvene if there is something else to do with Guns? probably cause Axl is in no hurry. Yes, I don't know. We don't know. But think about it: you don't go for plan B, if you can do plan A. We know Slash's work ethic.

My guess is it's gonna be like it always was with Guns. And just like Fortus and his solo projects and the rest of the band members, Slash is gonna do his. Why? cause there isn't something for Slash to do with Guns when he plans to "reconvene" with Myles and The Conspirators.

At the very least, doesn't look promising and makes sense considering what we do know about the way Axl operates.

Let me put it this way: if Slash and Duff really did like the vault stuff, why would Slash need to work with the Conspirators when he plans to, if he already got the green light from Axl to start working on the next Guns album?

Perhaps because Slash knows nothing is going to happen after the tour for a while, and that gives him time to do Conspirators.

Edited by Rovim

9 hours ago, Italian girl said:

So those who are not musicians or artists don't love or feel passionate for their jobs? 

Music or art are the only "jobs" you do with love and passion?

I love my papers, my numbers and my desk.. And I love being paid for doing it.

I'm very talented with numbers, just Like an artist with his art.

I can't  see any difference

Difference is a known musician can tour for years without releasing a new album. Especially old bands like Guns. The financial motivation of putting out a new album is not there anymore like it once was.

Look at Metallica for example, and other old bands. You basically squeeze everything you can from the catalog, and an album only helps when it comes to more material to play live. Something new to perform for the fans, but even that is not as important anymore.

AC/DC for example with 1 or 2 songs played from their latest album.

You always have motivation to do your job cause you always get paid for all of it. This is how it was for musicians, not so much anymore. Of course there's a difference when a musician can just rely on his past work, especially if he's in demand live.

Edited by Rovim

14 hours ago, Rovim said:

But why reconvene if there is something else to do with Guns? probably cause Axl is in no hurry. Yes, I don't know. We don't know. But think about it: you don't go for plan B, if you can do plan A. We know Slash's work ethic.

My guess is it's gonna be like it always was with Guns. And just like Fortus and his solo projects and the rest of the band members, Slash is gonna do his. Why? cause there isn't something for Slash to do with Guns when he plans to "reconvene" with Myles and The Conspirators.

At the very least, doesn't look promising and makes sense considering what we do know about the way Axl operates.

Let me put it this way: if Slash and Duff really did like the vault stuff, why would Slash need to work with the Conspirators when he plans to, if he already got the green light from Axl to start working on the next Guns album?

Perhaps because Slash knows nothing is going to happen after the tour for a while, and that gives him time to do Conspirators.

That does make sense.  If there are solid plans after the tour why would the Conspirators be talking about reconvening.  I guess time will tell, we have a ways to go.

I'm more than a little sure that Slash is enjoying being in Guns again, but he's no dummy.  His contributions to Guns on a recording level would more than likely be simply contributing to already existing tracks.  And that's not even a given, but something Axl was mulling, at least at the time of that interview where he said it was an option.  Slash has said multiple times that he's always writing, especially when he's on the road.  He is likely keeping the doors open to more SMKC should Guns finish touring with no definite plans, studio or otherwise.  He's not one to sit on his hands waiting for Axl's call.  This isn't Bumblefoot or Chris Pitman, it's Slash.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rovim said:

I think they are playing cards. Axl had CD II and remix. Slash has Conspirators. Neither is desperate or needs the other type of thing. They have leverage. Izzy could be the same. But businesswise Izzy isn't needed it seems. Steven needs Guns hence he gets fucked. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wasted said:

I think they are playing cards. Axl had CD II and remix. Slash has Conspirators. Neither is desperate or needs the other type of thing. They have leverage. Izzy could be the same. But businesswise Izzy isn't needed it seems. Steven needs Guns hence he gets fucked. 

Axl probably sees it as a continuation of how he chose to direct Guns since after he gained control of the name.

Axl also seems reserved about Slash, careful when it comes to studio work. Like I got the sense he wanted to make it clear in the interview that it's still his thing, it's not gonna be a revolution in approach or team work.

He made it seems like it was always possible for Slash to come back, like it whs a what the hell not? situation cause that guy from Coachella made an offer.

I think Slash and Duff are all about not pushing Axl into doing anything cause it won't work anyway. They prepared for this tour on their own basically. I think they've accepted that to be in Guns means Axl is willing to tour and maybe with time do something more.

It's Axl Corp. with options if everything goes smoothly and when it's time to decide if or when he wants to move forward.

Edited by Rovim

8 hours ago, Rovim said:

Axl probably sees it as a continuation of how he chose to direct Guns since after he gained control of the name.

Axl also seems reserved about Slash, careful when it comes to studio work. Like I got the sense he wanted to make it clear in the interview that it's still his thing, it's not gonna be a revolution in approach or team work.

He made it seems like it was always possible for Slash to come back, like it whs a what the hell not? situation cause that guy from Coachella made an offer.

I think Slash and Duff are all about not pushing Axl into doing anything cause it won't work anyway. They prepared for this tour on their own basically. I think they've accepted that to be in Guns means Axl is willing to tour and maybe with time do something more.

It's Axl Corp. with options if everything goes smoothly and when it's time to decide if or when he wants to move forward.

Axl will probably want Slash to fill in the blanks. But maybe Slash just gives the album GNR legit. 

• Like 1