Myles Kennedy: We Have Recently Had Communication About Reconvening Slash & The Conspirators; New Album

33 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I trust Axl will bring some logic into it.

It sounded sort of like he'd thrown CD II out and just kept the lyrics and melodies. Or he shelved it and has some other ideas he's being toying with for the next record. CD II was basically done in 2000. So he is potentially ahead of the curve. 

Edited by wasted
Badisocally

6 hours ago, Rovim said:

But shouldn't we factor what an album means to Axl? after all, he's the one who calls all the shots. (many shots at least)

I don't think it's just a rock n roll album. It's Gn'R's legacy, believe it or not. A Guns album has a lot of weight. You gotta understand it's not an Izzy or Slash solo album. It's an Axl Rose solo album filtered through Guns.

Don't think it's gonna be a fuck yeah album.

It's very possible they're sitting together or did or will. But there is talk about Slash reconvening with Myles and the Conspirators once the tour is over.

We have so little information we have to read between the lines with Axl and consider he doesn't operate the same way as a prolific musician or any other musician will really.

So you can't just use what works in your head for other normal human beings. It's Axl and he's still the boss. It looks like he wants to rerecord vocals, write new tunes with vocal melodies and lyrics in mind first, and still wants to use his tunes or what he has with Slash playing on top of it.

What is likely the case here, going by what Axl said recently, is that he will once again go for an album that has the "right" tunes, musical statement, and a lot of work is ahead of them cause he's not gonna use what he has as is.

Is that really what you think? Then I completely disagree.

Otherwise, you could be right and Axl still view it this way. If that's the case we'll never hear new Guns music ever in our lifes.

But I think in my last post I've expressed myself good enough to understand why I think Axl could have changed his mind.

16 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Is that really what you think? Then I completely disagree.

Otherwise, you could be right and Axl still view it this way. If that's the case we'll never hear new Guns music ever in our lifes.

But I think in my last post I've expressed myself good enough to understand why I think Axl could have changed his mind.

I just don't think it's a democracy anymore. It's Axl's Guns N' Roses, it wasn't in the past. It seems Slash and Duff have accepted Axl's terms.

If this was a real band, for lack of a better term, I think Slash would have preferred to work on the next Guns album right after the tour? there wouldn't be talks of reconvening with Myles and The Conspirators.

Axl wouldn't say Slash can "play on it if he wants to". That's drawing a line in the sand, basically insinuating it's still Axl's baby, like the goal is still to make Axl's material the best it could possibly sound. Realize his musical vision, at least primarily. You wanna help me with that, Slash? fine.

Slash even thinking about his solo project and what he'll do once the Guns tour is over means something to me.

Slash leads The Conspirators, dictates the musical direction. Decides when to be active, and when he's too busy.

Comparable to how it is with current Guns and Axl. Many elements of a solo project, even if Slash and Duff are back and it's still called Guns N' Roses. Axl still controls the whole thing which could be an important thing to keep in mind. He's Gn'R's architect now and always. He ain't gonna trust no one with the musical direction of Guns ever again.

Anything Slash and Duff want to do as Guns, artistically or not, they have to first ask Axl and have him approve it. Even if they're not totally powerless, it's more of an Axl Rose solo project with a Guns sound which changes the definition of what this is, the pace of writing and recording, musical direction, and the way they're actually gonna get there.

Edited by Rovim

21 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I just don't think it's a democracy anymore. It's Axl's Guns N' Roses, it wasn't in the past. It seems Slash and Duff have accepted Axl's terms.

If this was a real band, for lack of a better term, I think Slash would have preferred to work on the next Guns album right after the tour? there wouldn't be talks of reconvening with Myles and The Conspirators.

Axl wouldn't say Slash can "play on it if he wants to". That's drawing a line in the sand, basically insinuating it's still Axl's baby, like the goal is still to make Axl's material the best it could possibly sound. Realize his musical vision, at least primarily.

Slash even thinking about his solo project and what he'll do once the Guns tour is over means something to me.

Slash leads The Conspirators, dictates the musical direction. Decides when to be active, and when he's too busy.

Comparable to how it is with current Guns and Slash. Many elements of a solo project, even if Slash and Duff are back and it's still called Guns N' Roses. Axl controls the whole thing.

Anything Slash and Duff want to do as Guns, artistically or not, they have to first ask Axl and have him approve it. Even if they're not totally powerless, it's more of an Axl Rose solo project with a Guns sound.

So was the Illusion albums to an unhealthy degree.

26 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

So was the Illusion albums to an unhealthy degree.

But Axl got them out of the dark ages. They weren't just an AC/DC type hard rock band anymore. There was an evolution, even if Illusions shared many elements with Appetite's actual tunes, and a lot of the Illusions were Appetite era tunes that weren't done in time for that record.

So you had Don't Cry, the first song Guns wrote as a band on the Illusions. November Rain and Estranged, but also My World and Shotgun Blues.

But the balance was lost and they were not on the same page anymore even for the Illusions. Slash and Duff didn't even want to work on November Rain and Estranged according to Axl.

Now I think they're more willing to indulge Axl cause they've realized they don't have a choice if they wanna be in Guns. The next potential Guns album could very well be full rasp and way more hard rock, but it's still gonna be more Axl's direction than the whole band.

I think Slash doesn't really want to do Queen. Slash doesn't want to record with mainly pro tools. Slash doesn't want to wait 5 to 10 years before Axl actually moves his ass.

But he'll do it and so will Duff just to be a part of Guns again. Make a ton of money, perform with a great singer, maybe even be a part of his album in the future.

Edited by Rovim

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

But Axl got them out of the dark ages. They weren't just an AC/DC type hard rock band anymore. There was an evolution, even if Illusions shared many elements with the Appetite's actual tunes, and a lot of the Illusions were Appetite era tunes that weren't done in time for that record.

So you had Don't Cry, the first song Guns wrote as a band on the Illusions. November Rain and Estranged, but also My World and Shotgun Blues.

But the balance was lost and they were not on the same page anymore even for the Illusions. Slash and Duff didn't even want to work on November Rain and Estranged according to Axl.

Now I think they're more willing to indulge Axl cause they've realized they don't have a choice if they wanna be in Guns. The next potential Guns album could very well be full rasp and way more hard rock, but it's still gonna be more Axl's direction than the whole band.

Slash doesn't really wannna do Queen. Slash doesn't actually wants to record with mainly pro tools. Slash doesn't want to wait 5 to 10 years before Axl actually moves his ass.

There appears to be hope for the band to record a new album. I believe Slash and Duff both have a desire to record one more album under the GNR name. The fact that Axl has played music to them shows me that their is interest on his part and a sense of trust in sharing his creative endeavors with those two.

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

Axl wouldn't say Slash can "play on it if he wants to". That's drawing a line in the sand, basically insinuating it's still Axl's baby, like the goal is still to make Axl's material the best it could possibly sound. Realize his musical vision, at least primarily.

Comparable to how it is with current Guns and Axl. Many elements of a solo project, even if Slash and Duff are back and it's still called Guns N' Roses. Axl still controls the whole thing which could be an important thing to keep in mind. He's Gn'R's architect now and always. He ain't gonna trust no one with the musical direction of Guns ever again.

Anything Slash and Duff want to do as Guns, artistically or not, they have to first ask Axl and have him approve it. Even if they're not totally powerless, it's more of an Axl Rose solo project with a Guns sound which changes the definition of what this is, the pace of writing and recording, musical direction, and the way they're actually gonna get there.

You could be right. Maybe most likely. But there's still a possibility that things have changed in some way.

You take it as a fact that Slash will start to work with the Conspirators again right after the Guns tour. Based on what Myles said.

We don't know exactly when the tour ends, do we? Slash could still record his shit within 2 months. That's more than enough studio time for Slash for one album. 

Furthermore the band has some freetime between the legs of the tour. Even this time could be used.

All that could happen (writing on the road, record basic tracks and record the leads), then waiting for Axl's part while record and tour with the Conspirators.

Technically this possibility exists. And still there may be so many things going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

Nobody imagined these guys will share a stage again in 2016 but still they're.

12 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

I don't think Slash has any desire to work with Myles ever again. Can't stand his voice, let's face it he sounds like shit. 

Beats sitting around doing nothing. Con lll could be a good excuse to tour more which is what Slash is mainly about. But yes, Myles does sound like shit with shitty lyrics and shitty vocals.

I just focus on the music though in Conspirators albums. Safari Inn was the right direction. Myles ruined perfectly good ideas on WOF.

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

Beats sitting around doing nothing. Con lll could be a good excuse to tour more which is what Slash is mainly about. But yes, Myles does sound like shit with shitty lyrics and shitty vocals.

I just focus on the music though in Conspirators albums. Safari Inn was the right direction. Myles ruined perfectly good ideas on WOF.

Wicked Stone was the song that stand out to me. Intense riffage. I don't know I didn't spend too much time listening to those records though. Bent to Fly? and the elephant song?

The band is called SLASH feat. MK & The Con. He could still find another singer to join him with the Conspirators, someone from his solo record. I think he's been cucked by Myles a little bit. God he even sang at the rocknroll hall of fame, that was embarrasing.

1 minute ago, Silent Jay said:

Wicked Stone was the song that stand out to me. Intense riffage. I don't know I didn't spend too much time listening to those records though. Bent to Fly? and the elephant song?

The band is called SLASH feat. MK & The Con. He could still find another singer to join him with the Conspirators, someone from his solo record. I think he's been cucked by Myles a little bit. God he even sang at the rocknroll hall of fame, that was embarrasing.

Why would he? he is happy with Myles. It's safe and with no bullshit, even if it sucks for the most part.

22 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Why would he? he is happy with Myles. It's safe and with no bullshit, even if it sucks for the most part.

Fine. I just think it would be cool to see Slash in a different direction again, maybe more trashy and sleazy metal with a lousy frontman like Corey Taylor, Mr. Shadows or why not Sebastian Bach. Bring some fresh air with his setlist.

But yes, I'm definitely interested in a third album, sonically speaking.

Edited by Silent Jay

I...seriously hope we don't see another SMKC album, at least for another few years, if ever.  Reason being, if it happens sooner than later, it basically eludes to the fact that a GNR release is not going to happen.  Why? If Slash does another SMKC album, he's going to want to tour on it for at least a year to promote it. If the NITL tour ends sometime next year, and Slash returns to the studio with the Conspirators, it means nothing is on the immediate horizon for GNR, album or otherwise.

• 2 months later...

From a new interview with Myles, audio at the link:

So where does all this leave Slash and the Conspirators? Kennedy tells us:

"That's a good question. I mean, the door's certainly open on my end. If it works out again in the future, I'm certainly up for it. I think that we'll just see how it plays out...I think it’s just one of those things. We still talk; We just talked the other day. We do a lot of texting and whatever. But there's no, I think because both of us are so busy right now with our other entities there's no definitive plans in place."

http://wdhafm.com/2017/01/24/myles-kennedy-working-slash/

• Like 2

I knew it and said it way before this.

Being the greatest band in the worldworld again, play music with musical soul mates ( and a 150 times better band) is not i thing u want to leave right away.

Theres a lot going on with gnr. Still a long world tour and probably an álbum ( or new gnr music on any form.. and maybe another little tour to promote it?).  We have at least one year and a half of gnr action ahead of us.

Lets just sit tight and enjoy the ride.  That "dream came true" that we call "NOT IN THIS LIFETIME WORLD TOUR"

• Like 1