2016 Axl Vocal- Where's that mid voice?

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

The promoter has to pay extra for his mid-range voice. They already blew that portion of the budget on Steven.

Someone needs to pay Axl's doctor. Apparently his reason for being late to South America was a doctors appointment on Preventing more damage to his vocal chords. 

They can keep paying Frank peanuts for all I care 

aXL sounds fucking great 2 me - I seen him in NASHVILLE was blown away - go see him live its a different animal - the whole band is - as good as SLASH sounds on video its 10 times better  when u are there

Agree with both post above! I went to Arlington and everyone there was in shock at the power and he came out in that badass skeleton jacket so it looked like he had lost 50 pounds...at first everyone was in awe of  how good he looked then he hit that "AND IT GOES TO SHOW" and the place went nuts. 

they come out at 4:45

but yea I think all the North American shows were amazing. The SA shows have been good for the crowds but they seem to be getting a watered down Axl

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Someone needs to pay Axl's doctor. Apparently his reason for being late to South America was a doctors appointment on Preventing more damage to his vocal chords. 

They can keep paying Frank peanuts for all I care 

Where did you read or hear that?

Its sucks because after hearing Axl on the 4 ACDC shows in the summer i was hyped to see GnR when they came to Europe. If we are to expect anything like what we've seen in SA don't know if i will bother. His vocals on every song in the ACDC set was amazing. The 'Mid range' songs got better towards the final few shows imo. Such a shame man  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

Where did you read or hear that?

It was in the first show thread of this leg when people were arguing over why Axl wasn't on the plane with the rest of the band and it got mentioned he had a doctors appointment and would arrive a day late. 

It was dismissed as nothing but hearing Axl lately it's starting to fall in line with something having gone wrong.

then the last few show threads it's been brought up that there are medical reasons for Axl holding off on his voice currently. One poster said it was medical and the problem should be cleared soon.

all rumor right now, coming from various posters, not sure if anyone is believable but it hasn't been dismissed yet. 

Its one of those just because it makes sense doesn't mean it's true...but I think it's worth discussing until we get answers or the vocals get back on track with the NA tour. 

3 hours ago, EvH said:

Sadly, this reunion is ten years late. 2006 Axl reuniting with Slash...

That would have been amazing. Apart from his cornrows (which I actually liked the whole pony tail thick cornrow braids look) his look was still pretty bad ass. He was only slightly chubby for the most part (like a little bit less than rock in rio), and with the goatee he still looked like classic axl.

Even 2009 would have been cool.

Edited by Mendez
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else hear Axl's mid-voice coming in a little bit last night in some videos? It's nowhere near how it used to be but it's gradually sounding a little less mickey and a little more Axl. He sounds amazing recently, the start of this leg he was weak but now he's coming in strong! 

• Like 2