Best Moments Axl Rose 2001 - 2014 Guns N Roses

The only interesting time was 1999 - circa 2004 when you (the fan) were still delusional enough to believe that Axl had a gameplan during all of these silences and perplexing line-up changes, and that he was '''quietly working away in his secret studio on a trilogy of Pink Floyd-esque masterpieces which would change music''. It is no coincidence that that was the period when he had all of these freaks working for him, immensely talented freaks like the Bucket and Robin (who was then a goth character), and that he actually (rather boldly) unveiled new material at Vegas and Rio 3. The period actually began with the release of a new song (''Oh My God'') and a couple of interviews. This all fed the delusion that there was an artistry beneath all of this confusion, an artistry which would be realised one day. Chinese Democracy, unreleased, had this sort of aura and fascination, that sustained one through those sabbaticals like 2003 -05.

Once you discovered he was in reality pulling his plans out of his arsecrack and that he was, far be it from working on 'Led Zeppelin remixed by Trent Reznor'', in actual fact producing dreary clunkers like ''If the World'', ''Scraped'' and ''Shackler's Revenge'', the delusion was shattered!

Everything 2006 - 2015 was sort of aimless in my opinion. I never liked the pointless touring during these periods, although I saw them twice. 2011 -14 was Vegas induced excrement.

• Like 1

Vocally/performance wise, I'd probably go with something from '06. His voice was great and he was in his best shape of the whole nuGNR run.

But I'll go with the comeback show at the House of Blues on New Years 2001. Just the fact that he came out of hiding and performed on stage was a big deal. Plus he actually said, "I have traversed a treacherous sea of horrors to be with you here tonight".

• Like 1

• 2001 House Of Blue
  • 2001 Rock In Rio
  • 2002 VMA
  • 2004 Host as Tommy Smith Nightmare on a radio channel for GTA San Andreas (lol)
  • 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom
  • 2006 Rock Am Ring
  • 2006: GREAT VOICE
  • 2008 Release of Chinese Democracy (it's really a great record.. I'm serious)
  • 2009: Tokyo (I Don't care about Time, great audio bootleg) that Nightrain first verse in a octave higher
  • 2010: Canada Leg
  • 2010: London gig with Duff McKagan
  • 2010: Rose Bar Sessions
  • 2010: GREAT VOICE
  • 2011: Return of Estranged & Civil War
  • 2012: (only for german guys^^) GN'R live in Mönchengladbach, Germany (i was there, great show)
  • 2014: Release of Appetite For Democracy concert movie (amazing production but Axl's voice not the best, anyway it's great)
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:
  • 2001 House Of Blue
  • 2001 Rock In Rio
  • 2002 VMA
  • 2004 Host as Tommy Smith Nightmare on a radio channel for GTA San Andreas (lol)
  • 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom
  • 2006 Rock Am Ring
  • 2006: GREAT VOICE
  • 2008 Release of Chinese Democracy (it's really a great record.. I'm serious)
  • 2009: Tokyo (I Don't care about Time, great audio bootleg) that Nightrain first verse in a octave higher
  • 2010: Canada Leg
  • 2010: London gig with Duff McKagan
  • 2010: Rose Bar Sessions
  • 2010: GREAT VOICE
  • 2011: Return of Estranged & Civil War
  • 2012: (only for german guys^^) GN'R live in Mönchengladbach, Germany (i was there, great show)
  • 2014: Release of Appetite For Democracy concert movie (amazing production but Axl's voice not the best, anyway it's great)

Honestly GTA SAN Andreas was his most successful stint in those years 

I just posted this in another thread and it reminded me how good it was 

2013 Brooklyn Bowl, You're Crazy

2013 was odd bc Axl had really great performances at times after the Australian leg and in the lead up to the Governors Ball Axl was firing on most cylinders, then he got food poisoning before the Brooklyn show but still managed this great performance. Sadly his voice faded going into the Governors ball but not many videos surfaced and they still won over a mostly drunk crowd who seemed to enjoy the set.   

2013 highlights for me...seeing them in Lubbock

Axl could rasp Paradise City

8:13- to finish Axl had his best ending to Estranged I've heard since the 90's

and in Kansas the next night Axl sounded brilliant. 

Odd tour for sure but Axl came alive briefly and brought his best at the time and honestly the venues they played were great! I've never heard the audio so clear at a rock concert, it was crisp and perfectly mixed. 

Thought id add this to the moments since most seem to think 11-14 was full Mickey. 

38 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I just posted this in another thread and it reminded me how good it was 

2013 Brooklyn Bowl, You're Crazy

2013 was odd bc Axl had really great performances at times after the Australian leg and in the lead up to the Governors Ball Axl was firing on most cylinders, then he got food poisoning before the Brooklyn show but still managed this great performance. Sadly his voice faded going into the Governors ball but not many videos surfaced and they still won over a mostly drunk crowd who seemed to enjoy the set.   

2013 highlights for me...seeing them in Lubbock

Axl could rasp Paradise City

8:13- to finish Axl had his best ending to Estranged I've heard since the 90's

and in Kansas the next night Axl sounded brilliant. 

Odd tour for sure but Axl came alive briefly and brought his best at the time and honestly the venues they played were great! I've never heard the audio so clear at a rock concert, it was crisp and perfectly mixed. 

Thought id add this to the moments since most seem to think 11-14 was full Mickey. 

I was at that KC show. I love that Nightrain! Axl was fired the fuck up that night. The last lineup totally won me over that night. They kicked ass that night.

14 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I was at that KC show. I love that Nightrain! Axl was fired the fuck up that night. The last lineup totally won me over that night. They kicked ass that night.

That was a beautiful theatre or whatever they played in that night. I was at the show the night before Kansas and like I said the acoustics in an amphitheater were amazing. It was one of the most underrated legs for nugnr imo. Axl just seemed to be getting better and better with every show. Sucks he got sick at the end. 

But the show I went to convinced me YouTube was lying about Axl's vocals...the audio was so clear and his voice was perfect the whole night

And it had the best tour shirt. I think it was just a black and white shirt, no graphics, just said Guns N Roses with the dates on the back 

Edited by IncitingChaos

22 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

That was a beautiful theatre or whatever they played in that night. I was at the show the night before Kansas and like I said the acoustics in an amphitheater were amazing. It was one of the most underrated legs for nugnr imo. Axl just seemed to be getting better and better with every show. Sucks he got sick at the end. 

But the show I went to convinced me YouTube was lying about Axl's vocals...the audio was so clear and his voice was perfect the whole night

And it had the best tour shirt. I think it was just a black and white shirt, no graphics, just said Guns N Roses with the dates on the back 

The Midland Theater in KC. Yes- old theater that has been refurbished. Great place to see shows.

And yes- I have one of those tour shirts. We also went VIP. Got an autographed Axl poster that we got framed. 

We had an absolute fuckin blast that night.

15 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

The Midland Theater in KC. Yes- old theater that has been refurbished. Great place to see shows.

And yes- I have one of those tour shirts. We also went VIP. Got an autographed Axl poster that we got framed. 

We had an absolute fuckin blast that night.

Yea hoping the current lineup can do some smaller US shows. I showed up 30 min before the gates open to my show in 2013 and ran down to the floor and there was a spot on the rail front and center. Made the experience all the better