Why Does Slash Play CD songs....but yet Axl doesn't play VR or Slash solo??

gunners fan

8 minutes ago, Kickingthehabit said:

So many people dispute it as a real GNR album, though. You can talk technicalities but it's not fair to ignore that part of its history. To a lot of people Chinese Democracy is The Phantom Menace.

I thought for sure they would have played Slither by now.

I like that. The Phantom Menace observation. They share a lot of similarities I think. I strongly believe Chinese will do more over time, if not already. Majority of rock fans changed their mind on Chinese, and all over the world people like certain songs. Just as Star Wars nerds will start to believe The Phantom Menace was not that bad compared to the new Disney astrocities.

28 minutes ago, Kickingthehabit said:

So many people dispute it as a real GNR album, though. You can talk technicalities but it's not fair to ignore that part of its history. To a lot of people Chinese Democracy is The Phantom Menace.

I thought for sure they would have played Slither by now.

lol, i never really thought of it that way. I say that's a fair statement.

Phantom menace, eh? This means  this band will release another medíocre (critically panned) album, before landing a decent one, then they will break up again, except this time Axl will be fired and the rest of the band will find a new singer and give us an album that will be favored by critics and fans alike.

Edited by Chewbacca

Because Axl is in charge. Slash and Duff made the effort and learned the songs on their own. I don't see Axl cranking up Slither and learn songs writen by a guy who once called him names. It would be cool if they played something from Slash 2010 solo record. Or anything from Ain't Life Grand. Awesome album.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...