the steven appreciation thread

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is Duff and to a lesser extent Slash I'm most disappointed in. Axl, you rather expect him to act like a complete wanker but McKagan, who I hitherto thought possessed a moral integrity and intelligence beyond Axl and Slash, played on the majority of Izzy's albums! Slash and Adler are childhood friends! The two of them, Slash and Duff, have sold out their friends, Izzy and Adler - Sorum and Gilby also - for cash and the desire to pay homage beneath Axl's royal throne. They have been in affect rendered into Nugnr lackeys! You would have thought they would have insisted on Stradlin and Adler's full inclusion, or even some sort of duel situation for both Matt and Adler à la the Hall of Fame?

Adler of course will take any old scrap they throw at him as he is desperate and rather naive. I'm pleased for him but also a bit sad for him when you have this Frank wanker making a dog's dinner of ''Mr Brownstone'' and ''Rocket Queen'', songs which are traditional 'Adler raison d'etre'  - and Stevie is certainly backstage during this charade with his dick in his hand!

We dont know that! I dont think they have sold out Izzy and Adler, its just that this IS Axl band now and theres nothing they can do about it. I think the main reason Steven is playing these songs live is because of Slash and Duff insistence and not because Axl woke up in a good mood and called Steven, this reunion would sell with or without him. Izzy also got an offer, that he refused.
Gilby and Matt? Axl never liked 'em and never wanted to work with 'em.

So, I dont really think Slash and Duff are paying homages to Axl's throne, I just think they are getting old and thinking of their legacy, Velvet Revolver ended long ago, LOADED? SMKTC? Nobody cares for this shit and they know it. They are just doing something they should have done long time ago, being on their own band. Cause in paper it is Axl's band now, but everyone, including them, knows this is also their band. 

Maybe they are just waiting for the right moment to stand up against Axl to get Izzy and Steven back, maybe they really enjoy Frank and Fortus... Maybe after the tour this reunion will be over, only time will tell. 

8 minutes ago, default_ said:

Maybe they are just waiting for the right moment to stand up against Axl to get Izzy and Steven back, maybe they really enjoy Frank and Fortus... Maybe after the tour this reunion will be over, only time will tell. 

I doubt they would stand up against't Axl to get Izzy and Steven, getting them both back means less money for Slash and Duff. 

They won't even tell Axl to record Vocals or work on some new music, Slash knows if he wants to make new music, he can make it with Myles.

This whole GN'R thing is just to fill their pockets by the music which they made 30 years ago.

Unfortunately, as much as it's cool for the fans to see him, I don't think Steven will get the full time gig he hopes for by accepting breadcrumbs like he does....

One rarely gets a promotion by accepting a demotion...

Maybe he, out of all the alumnis, is the one who needs to tell them to fuck off for once.

53 minutes ago, bikka said:

Wow, he looks so much better than Slash - younger and fitter!

people say steven should be lucky to be allowed to play with axl, slash and duff. but i think its the other way round. the three should feel lucky then are allowed to play with HIM

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, starlight said:

From an objective point of view, I don't get why Melissa who brings nothing to GNR music and she is irrelevant to the band sound can "play" every gig while Steven isn't allowed to

Steven as a drummer is more important in order to play the songs the right way

Very true, I still don't get why she is even there. 

• Like 2

Nintendo Mini NES Isn’t Getting Any More Games

this is GNR with the threeunion.

a mini version of the old band.

the mini nes has 30 pre-installed games, the classics everyone loves. it won't get any more games. 30 games, that's it.

the mini nes is a nostalgia tour of old games and intended as such. nothing more, nothing less. just like the GNR reunion

Edited by action

it seems the video of Steven playing YCBM has been taken down by the person who posted on Instagram, someone put it on youtube also and it was taken down. 

Now suddenly Steven is a threat to Axl and TB? 

Why is it being taken down from everywhere? Can't a person even cover a song? 

12 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

it seems the video of Steven playing YCBM has been taken down by the person who posted on Instagram, someone put it on youtube also and it was taken down. 

Now suddenly Steven is a threat to Axl and TB? 

Why is it being taken down from everywhere? Can't a person even cover a song? 

steven is dangerous :headbang:

on a more serious note, that's really really shitty.

i have an empty feeling, a certain ginger features couldn't handle steven playing an UYI track.

the way things are going, i don't think this pantomime will last very much longer. oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Edited by action

Seriously, honestly, I don't think that either Slash or Duff ever were or ever will be fighting for Steven, I think they hardly care about him being there and maybe even would rather not have him anywhere round (judging for example by how Slash kept refusing to meet with him and shit like that). I think the only reason why he even is allowed to play this one song is because they knew he would probably commit suicide if they didn't let him which wpuldn't look good image wise and even if not, he would never shut up about it and would be making some horrible marketing for them. So they threw him a little bone just to shut him up and keep him alive, that's it. I don't know if I blame them for that because they had their history with Steven that only they know and I guess it wasn't always pleasant and that we know little of how much unpleasant it would be at times, so I won't be the first to judge them in this respect, but one thing is for sure: since they already threw him that bone and gave him that opportunity, it really wouldn't hurt them or anyone to let him play 3 songs instead of one. All appetite songs are out of the question, the band has a drummer and Steven can't play half of the show but three songs? Really wouldn't hurt nobody.

4 hours ago, Slash787 said:

This proves that Steven can easily play all the songs, I really feel bad for him, with his own band he can't even perform his own songs and he has to play in a small club with a cover band to play his own songs?

This is very unfair to him, Axl and Duff seem to be really heartless, I would say these one or two songs Steven is getting is thanks to Slash, but well Slash is not a saint either, he ditched his friend Matt for Frank. 

Coming all the way to Argentina just for 2 songs? What is the problem if he played all the AFD songs in these both shows? 

Well Duff did reach out to him a couple of years ago and give him a chance to open for Loaded, and he went off on a bender, so maybe that was the final straw with Duff. But, I know, we should be the ones to tell Duff what his final straw can be.

4 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Well Duff did reach out to him a couple of years ago and give him a chance to open for Loaded, and he went off on a bender, so maybe that was the final straw with Duff. But, I know, we should be the ones to tell Duff what his final straw can be.

and what was Duff's problem with Matt? 

24 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

and what was Duff's problem with Matt? 

As much as I can perfectly understand why people would want Adler and Izzy back, I totally don't get the thing with Sorum. Absolutely nothing about this guy that I like. His drumming style didnt fit GNR at all, his image behind the drums always hurt my eyes, the guy is as full of himself as good old grandma Axl, hes a trouble maker and shit stirrer, who the fuck needs him?

3 minutes ago, Asia said:

As much as I can perfectly understand why people would want Adler and Izzy back, I totally don't get the thing with Sorum. Absolutely nothing about this guy that I like. His drumming style didnt fit GNR at all, his image behind the drums always hurt my eyes, the guy is as full of himself as good old grandma Axl, hes a trouble maker and shit stirrer, who the fuck needs him?

He is any day better than Frank

• Like 2

2 hours ago, starlight said:

From an objective point of view, I don't get why Melissa who brings nothing to GNR music and she is irrelevant to the band sound can "play" every gig while Steven isn't allowed to

Steven as a drummer is more important in order to play the songs the right way

Agreed completely. It's beyond clear Adler doesn't care what his role is and what he gets paid, as long as he's invited to the party. 

It really has to be Axl... axls got to be the reason Adler isn't there full time

• Like 2

there is only one GNR drummer: steven

frank isn't a drummer. he randomly hits and pounds what people would call a drum kit, but the sound it produces is remeniscent of a pile of defunct laundry machines crashing down

obviously frank is having a great time behind the kit. he doesnt seem to realise the atonal ramblings he produces

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The Glow Inc. said:

Unfortunately, as much as it's cool for the fans to see him, I don't think Steven will get the full time gig he hopes for by accepting breadcrumbs like he does....

One rarely gets a promotion by accepting a demotion...

Maybe he, out of all the alumnis, is the one who needs to tell them to fuck off for once.

A demotion from what? Not being part of the band at all? He is getting a foot in the door. If he proves he can do what they are giving him then there is a chance he might be next in line if something happens to Frank.

I don't know why everyone is assuming that Steven only playing one song in both shows is a sign that he is being cut out. He played two songs in Ohio. He played two songs in Nashville. He played two songs in Los Angles. He played two songs in Buenos Aires. It is just instead of putting both songs in the same show like they did in Los Angeles they split them between the two shows in Buenos Aires. 

Hopefully things are going well behind the scenes and they start giving him more cities to guest at. I was happy he when he showed up in Buenos Aires as I was afraid that they wouldn't involve him once they left the country as there would also be the added expense of travel and lodging on top of the fee they are likely giving him to guest at the shows.

39 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

He played two songs in Ohio. He played two songs in Nashville. He played two songs in Los Angles. He played two songs in Buenos Aires. It is just instead of putting both songs in the same show like they did in Los Angeles they split them between the two shows in Buenos Aires. 

Well that is certainly an original interpretation of it haha!

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well that is certainly an original interpretation of it haha!

What can I say? I am an optimist at heart.

ETA: When I say optimist, I mean I am deeply cynical and expect the worst so when the worst doesn't happen I come across as a very positive person.

Edited by sanity_lost
for accuracy
  • Like 1