the steven appreciation thread

2 hours ago, Slash787 said:

You I know I am happy that Izzy is not there cause honestly he doesn't deserves just playing one song in his own band.

Many keep saying this as if it's true. It's not. Not legally not in reality. I once sold a home and property I built up from scratch. It's not mine anymore even though I'm responsible for most the coolness that remains there.

People can keep saying this until they are blue in the face. It won't make it a reality. Legally and in reality, it's AXL's band, foremost, along with SLASH and DUFF who still have some legal rights beyond their royalties. IZZY has no rights beyond royalties. That's the extent of it being "his own band". Again, helping to create or invent something doesn't award you indefinite ownership. If you foolishly believe I'm wrong, prove it.

Regarding the topic at hand, I too am disappointed to discover that STEVEN only played one song. I suppose one is better than none, but you'd think he'd at least get to do the 2 he had been doing previously. But to travel all the way to So. AMerica for one seem a bit strange. But if both parties agreed to it, c'est la vie.

Edited by thunderram

2 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

@scooby845, great post bro, Im out of likes.

I would say the same thing about Izzy too that some of us here have shown support to the backbone of GN'R, its sad how some Axl Nutswingers hate Izzy now, but really it makes me feel so happy that how we support Izzy and Steven.

We are not their relatives, we are not their friends, we don't hang around with them, but in a way they are a part of us, the music they gave given, we relate to it in some way or the other. 

Whatever these nuttswingers say, the fact will always be that Izzy and Steven are equally important as Slash, Duff and Axl. 

Absolutely...

Im too out of likes...:P

3 hours ago, Slash787 said:

@scooby845, great post bro, Im out of likes.

I would say the same thing about Izzy too that some of us here have shown support to the backbone of GN'R, its sad how some Axl Nutswingers hate Izzy now, but really it makes me feel so happy that how we support Izzy and Steven.

We are not their relatives, we are not their friends, we don't hang around with them, but in a way they are a part of us, the music they gave given, we relate to it in some way or the other. 

Whatever these nuttswingers say, the fact will always be that Izzy and Steven are equally important as Slash, Duff and Axl. 

I don't hate Izzy but similar to Steven, I understand the logical reasons why he isn't there. You want to call other people greedy? Izzy wanted millions of dollars in return for his piece of GNR and now wants more millions of dollars as if he still owns it.  

I'm just curious as I haven't paid much attention to the matter;

Do we know for a fact Steven isn't allowed to play anything more than one or two songs? I mean, maybe he was told to take it slow due to his back injury? As far as I know no one has said anything, including Steven himself (surely must mean something). And maybe that's due to them knowing something we don't.

I think you're jumping to conclusions way too quickly. But it must be satisfying always "knowing" who to blame.

Edited by Jeez

32 minutes ago, Jeez said:

I'm just curious as I haven't paid much attention to the matter;

Do we know for a fact Steven isn't allowed to play anything more than one or two songs? I mean, maybe he was told to take it slow due to his back injury? As far as I know no one has said anything, including Steven himself (surely must mean something). And maybe that's due to them knowing something we don't.

I think you're jumping to conclusions way too quickly. But it must be satisfying always "knowing" who to blame.

He was deemed too unreliable for a band of junkies and alcoholics, did nothing to dispute that accusation in 25 years, and when last he was given and opportunity from someone in the band, went off on a bender and pissed everyone off.

So I think it's fair to say they may not trust him to put their big money, make-good, reunion tour, in his hands. All things considered I think it's a nice gesture to invite him to do the guest spots. 

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

@Modano09 Do you ever shut the fuck up? Jeez-lah-weez

Just so I'm straight....if you're opinion is the popular opinion, you can express it all day and all night in every thread about every show or in any topic that's remotely related....

But if it's not, shut the fuck up! 

6 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Just so I'm straight....if you're opinion is the popular opinion, you can express it all day and all night in every thread about every show or in any topic that's remotely related....

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor trolling

6 hours ago, Modano09 said:

At least @Oldest Goat has a Guiness World Record. 

You should also get a world record for the amount of shit you talk regarding Steven. 

• Like 2

This proves that Steven can easily play all the songs, I really feel bad for him, with his own band he can't even perform his own songs and he has to play in a small club with a cover band to play his own songs?

This is very unfair to him, Axl and Duff seem to be really heartless, I would say these one or two songs Steven is getting is thanks to Slash, but well Slash is not a saint either, he ditched his friend Matt for Frank. 

Coming all the way to Argentina just for 2 songs? What is the problem if he played all the AFD songs in these both shows? 

• Like 3

All the Appetite songs is like half the set, there's no way that's gonna happen, even if it should. I think he's just making the most he can of the situation and enjoying what he has.

And there are worse fates than being in Beunos Aires, staying at the Four Seasons, playing a song in a huge stadium, and then a full set in a club. Beats my weekend for sure.

8 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

All the Appetite songs is like half the set, there's no way that's gonna happen, even if it should. I think he's just making the most he can of the situation and enjoying what he has.

And there are worse fates than being in Beunos Aires, staying at the Four Seasons, playing a song in a huge stadium, and then a full set in a club. Beats my weekend for sure.

You would not have said the same thing if it happened with Slash or Axl. 

8 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

You would not have said the same thing if it happened with Slash or Axl. 

I'm not sure what you mean. For the record, I'm an original lineup fan  only and wouldn't go near this tour - and didn't when it was in my area.

I just think the reality  is Steven was going to get this or nothing, and he chose to go with what was available and enjoy it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigpoop said:

I'm not sure what you mean. For the record, I'm an original lineup fan  only and wouldn't go near this tour - and didn't when it was in my area.

I just think the reality  is Steven was going to get this or nothing, and he chose to go with what was available and enjoy it. 

Its a pretty sad reality. 

2 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Its a pretty sad reality. 

It is.

A reunion of the original five would have been an amazing thing. The fact that they are all alive, healthy, able and willing to do it and it didn't happen really sucks.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is Duff and to a lesser extent Slash I'm most disappointed in. Axl, you rather expect him to act like a complete wanker but McKagan, who I hitherto thought possessed a moral integrity and intelligence beyond Axl and Slash, played on the majority of Izzy's albums! Slash and Adler are childhood friends! The two of them, Slash and Duff, have sold out their friends, Izzy and Adler - Sorum and Gilby also - for cash and the desire to pay homage beneath Axl's royal throne. They have been in affect rendered into Nugnr lackeys! You would have thought they would have insisted on Stradlin and Adler's full inclusion, or even some sort of duel situation for both Matt and Adler à la the Hall of Fame?

Adler of course will take any old scrap they throw at him as he is desperate and rather naive. I'm pleased for him but also a bit sad for him when you have this Frank wanker making a dog's dinner of ''Mr Brownstone'' and ''Rocket Queen'', songs which are traditional 'Adler raison d'etre'  - and Stevie is certainly backstage during this charade with his dick in his hand!

i hear you ;)

i'm just glad he gets to play, at all

trying to figure out what's going on behind the scenes, is a gargantuan endeavour. too many unpredictable elements involved. come to think of it, i don't really care. i don't have the energy to figure them out, anymore. i'm tired. all i need is to see steven with them from time to time, and i'm happy