Getting auto signed out, and redirected

AxlisOld

When I login, the first time I click sign in, it reloads the page. I click sign in again, it logs me in, and for some reason redirects me to the GNR Women's thread. If I try to get to Anything Goes, it signs me out. Dolphin Browser, Android 4.4.

3 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

When I login, the first time I click sign in, it reloads the page. I click sign in again, it logs me in, and for some reason redirects me to the GNR Women's thread. If I try to get to Anything Goes, it signs me out. Dolphin Browser, Android 4.4.

Next time you get logged out, refresh a bunch of times until it goes away.

Dolphin uses the Chrome source code as it's base which has the same issue for reasons I don't quite understand. Since refreshing seems to fix it, I expect it's cache related.

• Like 1

So I did a bit of searching on the Invision forums and found a couple of other customers with the same issue. There seems to be two things at play:

1. You go to a page and get logged out

2. You go to a subforum and it's a version from weeks/months ago with old notifications displayed, etc

The first issue has been formally acknowledged (and is being worked on), but the second hasn't as yet.

The three things I've worked out (and posted over there):

1. It only seems to happen with Chrome or Chrome-related browsers

2. It only seems to happen with Invision's hosted customers

3. The timing seems to line up with some major infrastructure changes Invision made 6-12 months ago (they moved to AWS for hosting)

I've submitted my info over at their forums. I wouldn't expect a fix anytime soon as it could be quite complicated, but I guess they'll be onto it at some point.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ironically the browser I have the least problems with the forum in is Explorer (or whatever Microsoft is calling it these days... Edge?). Safari on my phone also seems fine. The only thing Explorer/Edge won't let me do is quote posts properly but at least I stay logged in I suppose.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Ironically the browser I have the least problems with the forum in is Explorer (or whatever Microsoft is calling it these days... Edge?). Safari on my phone also seems fine. The only thing Explorer/Edge won't let me do is quote posts properly but at least I stay logged in I suppose.

Chrome works just fine for me on my PC, it's the mobile version I've developed a problem with. I'm constantly signed out on the mobile version and I have no clue why.

• 1 month later...

I had a new variant of this problem twice today even after clearing the cache and refreshing (the usual tricks). This time, I typed in my log in info and hit enter. Instead of logging me in or bringing me to the home page, it just refreshed the log in page. Tried again, same thing. Took three or four tries to actually log in.

• Like 1

thanks for posting this, i am so not going to try that! i have refreshed refreshed refreshed, cleaned out my cache and rebooted and i am still having problems. as soon as i am done with a topic and hit browse i get logged out. i find if i just go back i stay in but it's a PITA and i forget to do it half the time :(

• 2 weeks later...

I got signed out when I peruse the D&N forum. It didn't sign me out when I was in the Jungle before going to D&N. And only happens when I'm on my laptop. Mobile's been fine so far. 

So, moments ago, I got into D&N, it asked me to sign in, I did just that, and I hopped over the GNR Official Social Media thread, clicked the main D&N link, it auto-signed me out. 

This time, I did not relogin, instead I clicked Main page to come here to Support, and what did I see? ..... I'm still logged in! Even though just seconds prior, it logged me out and I DID NOT relogin after that. 

Site's a wacko.:lol: