If That Ain't Country

Fitha_whiskey

2 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Not quite sure who the Cadillac Three are, but judging by the t-shirt, they can't be that bad! :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_LYt9pViw4

sonofabitch, it won't let me post the pic!

I don't know about the shirt, but checked them out on youtube, not too bad. Never heard of them before, gonna check out some more. Thanks!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, J Dog said:

I need to know the story of tharbin80's profile pic. Is he a professional wrestling champ? Guy knows Shooter and is wearing the gold!

Ummm......I am an independent wrestler.....nobody you would of. I don't make it out of Ohio for wrestling. I actually made friends with Shooter on Twitter over our mutual love of He-Man and our love for all things 80's and 90's. That has morphed into us being pretty close friends. He lives in LA, but because of his touring schedule I hang out with him more than I do my childhood best friends that lives a few streets over from me. Funny thing is because of him I'm now friends with Curtis Axel. WWE guys love Shooter. Bray Wyatt even followed me on Twitter, I wasn't following him and had never tweeted at him, simply because Shooter tweeted about me. 

• Like 2

That's pretty fucking cool man. You got me wanting to hang with Shooter now, sounds like he's really down to earth. Hope to see you hang around the thread more. 

I actually have my own wrestling story. If anyone is interested of course.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, J Dog said:

That's pretty fucking cool man. You got me wanting to hang with Shooter now, sounds like he's really down to earth. Hope to see you hang around the thread more. 

I actually have my own wrestling story. If anyone is interested of course.

Shooter is cool as shit, and everyone he surrounds himself with are too.  Being the son of Waylon Jennings and Jessi Colter and a star in his own right hasn't gone to his head at all. My favorite part about him is he somehow has a way of telling these amazing stories and dropping all kinds of names without being douchey about it or taking it for granted. 

Im always up for some wrestling stories, but I fear we may be getting too far off topic. 

Feel free to hit me up on Facebook www.facebook.com/tommcclane80

much more active on there. I'm on this site daily, but it's just not that easy to navigate from a phone and I'm rarely on my computer for any length of time these days. 

Edited by tharbin80

"My friend told me he wrote the perfect country and western song. I replied back that he had not written the perfect country and western song, because he didn't say anything about mama, or trains, or prison, or gettin drunk" :lol:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, J Dog said:

"My friend told me he wrote the perfect country and western song. I replied back that he had not written the perfect country and western song, because he didn't say anything about mama, or trains, or prison, or gettin drunk" :lol:

My old hometown bar in upstate NY was right next to railroad tracks. We always cranked this song on the jukebox near the end of the night when everyone was really piss drunk, and everyone would yell the "she got run over by a damned old train" part. So many great old memories when I hear that tune.

14 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

My old hometown bar in upstate NY was right next to railroad tracks. We always cranked this song on the jukebox near the end of the night when everyone was really piss drunk, and everyone would yell the "she got run over by a damned old train" part. So many great old memories when I hear that tune.

It must be like that everywhere then. It was like that down here. Everybody started singing with "I was drunk the day my ma got out of prison" then get real loud with the train part. I wanna say it got loud too at "in my pick uuuup truck"

• Like 1

On 1/3/2017 at 10:06 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i am :)

Ok so after many requests (2 to be exact :lol:) I'll share.

Some years back, a small independent wrestling thing came through town. It was held at this small recreation type center in town. Bunch of new guys trying to make it and some old timers past their prime. One of the old timers was Robert Gibson from the Rock N Roll Express (maybe the greatest tag team EVER). Somehow he gets to talking with this guy who is a mutual friend. I think his dad is one of the ones you have to go through to rent the place. Anyway they're talking and it comes up that Gibson is out of weed and has to go on like an 8 hour drive to the next gig, he was in a bind. So the guy calls up my homeboy and tells him, who of course is like hell yeah I'll hook the Rock n Roll Express up.

So I ride with him to the little motel where Gibson was staying. Waited forever and he finally showed up. We went to his room, homeboy hooked him up, we matched him on a fat one, smoked out and he told us a bunch of old wrestling stories. Cool old school guy and he can burn with the best.

Shook hands, got an autographed pic for free, and left. The end.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Some years back, a small independent wrestling thing came through town. It was held at this small recreation type center in town. Bunch of new guys trying to make it and some old timers past their prime. One of the old timers was Robert Gibson from the Rock N Roll Express (maybe the greatest tag team EVER). Somehow he gets to talking with this guy who is a mutual friend. I think his dad is one of the ones you have to go through to rent the place. Anyway they're talking and it comes up that Gibson is out of weed and has to go on like an 8 hour drive to the next gig, he was in a bind. So the guy calls up my homeboy and tells him, who of course is like hell yeah I'll hook the Rock n Roll Express up.

So I ride with him to the little motel where Gibson was staying. Waited forever and he finally showed up. We went to his room, homeboy hooked him up, we matched him on a fat one, smoked out and he told us a bunch of old wrestling stories. Cool old school guy and he can burn with the best.

very cool @J Dog :)

On 1/5/2017 at 5:14 PM, J Dog said:

did it mention his dog running away or his wife dying? or vice versa? cos you gotta have those!

on topic:

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

2 hours ago, J Dog said:

Oh God, I always feel so bad for those guys that have to do that circuit..we had Mankind come through here a while ago, poor bastard could hardly walk. 

But JDog, I take exception to your post..THE BRITISH BULLDOGS were the greatest tag team ever! :lol:

Sorry for derailing this thread further, but that had to be cleared up ASAP. :P

• Like 1