If That Ain't Country

Fitha_whiskey

3 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

damn i was gonna post this!

by the way @Fitha_whiskey was that a haiku you were attempting @J Dog:lol:

damn i was gonna post this!

by the way @Fitha_whiskey was that a haiku you were attempting @J Dog:lol:

Ain't a haiku 5-7-5? I could maybe rework it.

Im more of a limerick man.

• Like 1

Y'all need to realize that I don't care much for traditional country as it was. Sure, I love Johnny Cash and George Strait, but I'm more more interesting in everything from the class of '89 forward.

Guys like Keith Urban and Frankie Ballard I admire for their guitar playing as much as their singing and songwriting.

I don't mind pop in my country, and I'm MUCH more interested in what's going on today.

4 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

Y'all need to realize that I don't care much for traditional country as it was. Sure, I love Johnny Cash and George Strait, but I'm more more interesting in everything from the class of '89 forward.

Guys like Keith Urban and Frankie Ballard I admire for their guitar playing as much as their singing and songwriting.

I don't mind pop in my country, and I'm MUCH more interested in what's going on today.

i like some newer artists. Blake Shelton, Trace Adkins, Miranda Lambert. love Chris Stapleton. and of course Hank 3, who i do not understand why has not gotten more attention. But Kenny Chesney, Luke Bryan and yes, Keith Urban leave me cold. JMO *shrugs*

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

Today's radio country is pop. 

There is good stuff being played today, just not on fm radio. Sirius Outlaw Country is fuckin awesome.

So how can you possibly like current country but dislike old country? That makes no sense.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i like some newer artists. Blake Shelton, Trace Adkins, Miranda Lambert. love Chris Stapleton. and of course Hank 3, who i do not understand why has not gotten more attention. But Kenny Chesney, Luke Bryan and yes, Keith Urban leave me cold. JMO *shrugs*

I will say that, for what it's worth, Keith used to have a much more country sound than he does these days:

• Like 1

Just now, J Dog said:

I've already gotten worked up over Mick Jagger tonight. I'm not gonna get worked up again over Keith Urban and Florida Georgia Line.

Great song, but I know a lot of people that work on Music Row, and they're hardly the enemies. Hard working people like anyone else.

13 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Today's radio country is pop. 

There is good stuff being played today, just not on fm radio. Sirius Outlaw Country is fuckin awesome.

So how can you possibly like current country but dislike old country? That makes no sense.

I grew up on Garth, Shania, and Brooks & Dunn. 

I shouldn't say that I hate old country, as I said, I love Johnny Cash, and assorted songs from that era, I just don't have a connection with it. I can't stand the "my woman left me, so now I'm drinking my pain away" kind of songs that dominate that era of country.

Country has evolved in to what it is today, and I doubt that it's ever going to go back to what it was. 

There are SOME traditionalists starting to break through: Chris Stapleton (even though I think that he's insanely overrated), Jon Pardi, Chris Janson, and William Michael Morgan are others. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

Great song, but I know a lot of people that work on Music Row, and they're hardly the enemies. Hard working people like anyone else.

I don't think that song is a personal attack on any actual person, more like an attack on a certain brand.

Just now, J Dog said:

I don't think that song is a personal attack on any actual person, more like an attack on a certain brand.

Music Row = mainstream country. 

I love and will always respect Alan and George for sticking to their guns and never changing their sound for anyone or anything. Met Alan twice and saw Strait play an acoustic set at the Ryman a few years ago - THAT was a surreal experience.

1 minute ago, The Real McCoy said:

I grew up on Garth, Shania, and Brooks & Dunn. 

I shouldn't say that I hate old country, as I said, I love Johnny Cash, and assorted songs from that era, I just don't have a connection with it. I can't stand the "my woman left me, so now I'm drinking my pain away" kind of songs that dominate that era of country.

Country has evolved in to what it is today, and I doubt that it's ever going to go back to what it was. 

There are SOME traditionalists starting to break through: Chris Stapleton (even though I think that he's insanely overrated), Jon Pardi, Chris Janson, and William Michael Morgan are others. 

Ok man- I know Chris Stapleton. Turn me on to something good from those other names who are new traditional.