If That Ain't Country

Fitha_whiskey

Can't believe I haven't mentioned Chase Rice yet. He's local, right down the road from me. I'd say he's kinda made it sorta big. Got a deal, put out a couple of albums. Opened for a lot of big acts. I don't love his music but he's cool.

I've been to this motel before, it's just as shady as he makes out. Room 205.

4 hours ago, J Dog said:

Can't believe I haven't mentioned Chase Rice yet. He's local, right down the road from me. I'd say he's kinda made it sorta big. Got a deal, put out a couple of albums. Opened for a lot of big acts. I don't love his music but he's cool.

I've been to this motel before, it's just as shady as he makes out. Room 205.

Pretty cool tune. Spooky. I live in motels from Mon thru Thurs and I sometimes think about what kind of sordid shit has gone on in whatever place I'm in. :lol: We usually stay in pretty decent ones though.

The moral to that song reminds me of this one...

• Like 2

I haven't posted anything by Shooter in a while, since I'll be spending the weekend with him let's fix that. This is off the 2016 Southern Family. It was a compilation album out together by Dave Cobb, the producer behind Chris Stapleton, Jason Isbell, Sturgil Simpson, early Shooter, and others.  Pretty good album with some big names. All the songs paint a picture of growing up in the south. 

4 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

this song is too close to what happened to a couple i knew. he died from drinking ( only 40 damn years old! ) and she hung in almost a year before she shot herself in the head. 

Well, as the song this thread is named after says: "if that ain't country, I'll kiss yer ass"... 

9 hours ago, tharbin80 said:

I haven't posted anything by Shooter in a while, since I'll be spending the weekend with him let's fix that. This is off the 2016 Southern Family. It was a compilation album out together by Dave Cobb, the producer behind Chris Stapleton, Jason Isbell, Sturgil Simpson, early Shooter, and others.  Pretty good album with some big names. All the songs paint a picture of growing up in the south. 

Good tune man. Classic country guitar tone there, and you can sure tell he's Waylon's son on it. Have a great weekend- I'll probably see you post some pics on FB...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i have no idea what that means

I mean that's a sad sad story that ends up in country songs... a step beyond "the wife left me so I'm sitting in a bar getting hammered"...

People used to heckle DAC at his shows, before the outlaw movement really got big, saying he wasn't country enough. So he wrote this song about his country street cred, and says- you guessed it. It's about country music stereotypes I guess is my point.

Just now, Fitha_whiskey said:

I mean that's a sad sad story that ends up in country songs... a step beyond "the wife left me so I'm sitting in a bar getting hammered"...

People used to heckle DAC at his shows, before the outlaw movement really got big, saying he wasn't country enough. So he wrote this song about his country street cred, and says- you guessed it. It's about country music stereotypes I guess is my point.

oh ok. sorry, sick again and taking nighttime medication in the day...:blink: