If That Ain't Country

Fitha_whiskey

2 hours ago, soon said:

I only finally got really bit by the country bug a few years ago and Lucinda Williams had a big part in that.  Love this thread; learning lots!

Yeah, some great stuff in this thread. Post what you want. Don't worry about posting something that might've already been posted, fitha whiskey does drunk double posting on the regular :lol:

You know Brandi Carlile? Sounds like you might like her.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soon said:

I only finally got really bit by the country bug a few years ago and Lucinda Williams had a big part in that.  Love this thread; learning lots!

oh sweetie if you want some GREAT country women try Patty Loveless. Also ( even though i'm mad at her ) Miranda Lambert also try Carlene Carter, and if you want one of the greatest ever Patsy Cline. i have tons more pm me and we will discuss if you like :)

11 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

:facepalm:

:lol: I wish I could've made a more valuable contribution than that but my knowledge of Country music pretty much starts and ends with Johnny Cash/June Carter, it's just not that big a genre in the UK really and I've not dipped my toe into it. I do like Shooter Jennings if that's any good? Suppose he's more of a Rock/Blues Country thing though?

Edited by bucketfoot
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

:lol: I wish I could've made a more valuable contribution than that but my knowledge of Country music pretty much starts and ends with Johnny Cash/June Carter, it's just not that big a genre in the UK really and I've not dipped my toe into it. I do like Shooter Jennings if that's any good? Suppose he's more of a Rock/Blues Country thing though?

Shooter gets play here. All Cash gets plenty of play here. Plost whatever you want :lol: Check the thread out, you seem like a Hank Williams Jr or Willie type of guy if I had to recommend someone right off.

1 minute ago, J Dog said:

Shooter gets play here. All Cash gets plenty of play here. Plost whatever you want :lol: Check the thread out, you seem like a Hank Williams Jr or Willie type of guy if I had to recommend someone right off.

Cheers mate, I'll have a rummage through. :lol:

8 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Here I'll help, it's a big thread :lol: I'm sure you gotta like at least one of these cats.

Yeah, liked all of those to be honest, just googled Hank Williams III and he sounds interesting, it says he mixes outlaw country, punk and metal (and was in Superjoint Ritual with Phil Anselmo), I'll definitely be checking him out in greater depth, cheers. :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Yeah, liked all of those to be honest, just googled Hank Williams III and he sounds interesting, it says he mixes outlaw country, punk and metal (and was in Superjoint Ritual with Phil Anselmo), I'll definitely be checking him out in greater depth, cheers. :thumbsup:

Yeah man. Hank III is one of my recent favorites from any genre. He's a fucking boss. Start from his 2nd album and work up, it's all good. He seems to mix more and more of that stuff in on each album.

A few of his more mixed offerings. Although it's not really a blatant, I'm country but I'm playing metal/punk type of thing, it blends in with his country fairly natural.

7 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Yeah man. Hank III is one of my recent favorites from any genre. He's a fucking boss. Start from his 2nd album and work up, it's all good. He seems to mix more and more of that stuff in on each album.

A few of his more mixed offerings. Although it's not really a blatant, I'm country but I'm playing metal/punk type of thing, it blends in with his country fairly natural.

Really like those two tracks as well. I'll download a couple of his albums to get a proper taste. I definitely think it'll be the harder/darker end of the genre that would appeal to me tbh. Pleased I had a look on this thread.

3 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

42 pages of good shit on here. Majority of it is outlaw/ drinking shit like George Jones, Haggard, Waylon, Willie, etc... Also some new stuff, etc. Get real good and drunk- it's best that way...:lol:

:lol: Nice one! I'll probably end up a hardcore fan by the time I finish on here!

8 hours ago, soon said:

i knew about Hank III ages ago...back in the 80's whe he was a punk dummer. guess some people ( not you my friend ) were way late to the party. his resemblance to Grandpa Hank is amazing! try t all...you will not be disappointed my friend ;)

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose