If That Ain't Country

Fitha_whiskey

23 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

@tharbin80 has some really cool FB posts. He's been hangin out with Shooter Jennings and hanging out in Axl's old back yard... He's posted some cool things on this thread in the past...

Was that when they ate at the pizza joint Axl and Izzy used to hang out at. Yeah he had some good stuff.

Edited by J Dog
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Was that when they ate at the pizza joint Axl and Izzy used to hang out at. Yeah he had some good stuff.

Yeah. But this weekend he posted pics of himself & buddies in front of Axl's house he grew up in. Also some videos he took at a Shooter show. Hopefully he doesn't mind me telling people about it on here! :lol:

28 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Yeah. But this weekend he posted pics of himself & buddies in front of Axl's house he grew up in. Also some videos he took at a Shooter show. Hopefully he doesn't mind me telling people about it on here! :lol:

Cool I'll have to check those out. I don't think he would mind I think he passed his shit out on here. I think. That was a bunch of country songs and beers ago :lol:

• Like 2

On 06/05/2017 at 11:04 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

LOL no. it is actually called Bong Appetit. they made pork ribs from hemp fed pigs, did a rub made from something i don't really know but had THC in it then made a cannabis BBQ sauce! for dessert they had like popsicles with strawberries and soe kind of cannabis infused something, cocnut with same and bottom layer blueberry with same.

July is when we will have places to legally purchase weed ;)

here is another country chick NOT to be missed. and look up some of her duets with Gram Parsons....angelic :)

A collaborator with Neil Young.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2017 at 8:22 PM, Fitha_whiskey said:

@tharbin80 has some really cool FB posts. He's been hangin out with Shooter Jennings and hanging out in Axl's old back yard... He's posted some cool things on this thread in the past...

Thanks. Had a crazy week hanging with Shooter. Went through Axl's hometown for the second time. sorry I haven't posted in a while on here. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, J Dog said:

That was earlier this year. Actually I met Shooter at Axl's old house and we were going to get a picture in front of it, but there were kids playing in the front yard so we just had pizza. On Saturday I drove through on the way to Chicago and got a picture and had some pizza. Shooter couldn't make this stop, but he really wanted to. 

• Like 1

"Are you and Neil Young old friends?"

"I tell ya what, we're new friends but we're gonna be old friends"

Gotta love Waylon (they do get around to actually performing near the end)

• Like 1

I think the feeling was mutual. Not sure if it's the music or maybe personalities or a combination, but there's definitely some kind of, I respect this guy and think he's cool as hell, thing going on.

Cash and Dylan were like that.

23 hours ago, J Dog said:

Cool I'll have to check those out. I don't think he would mind I think he passed his shit out on here. I think. That was a bunch of country songs and beers ago :lol:

Here's a few Facebook live videos I took from the Shooter Jennings shows. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, soon said:

would y'all consider this country?

I would consider this song country. The lyrics are country themed, the fiddle playing certainly is, and they're out in the woods :lol:. I don't know anything about the rest of their stuff, and never heard of them, but that song is.

(I didn't say I liked it much though :lol:)

12 hours ago, J Dog said:

Been listening to Chris Stapleton's new one. I don't love it like his first one yet but it's growing on me.

:lol:

Haha- that's a great one there. Yeah I gotta get his new album. I also gotta get the new Sturgill Simpson album yet... both on my list to get real soon...