If That Ain't Country

Fitha_whiskey

2 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

This song is pretty crazy. Funky thumb slapping baseline, and the lyrics are really fuckin dark. Paycheck was one of a kind.

Out of all the old cats, most of them boys were just cool, hard partying, hell raisers. Paycheck and maybe DAC, I'd say they were the ones that might not have been right in the head :lol: and I mean that in a good way of course.

3 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

@Fitha_whiskey I'm all outta likes, but I love a good storm.. hope your "morning" is getting better. :lol: 

Dang ,I won't be around to take part in the Saturday afternoon drinks and tunes, but i look forward to listening to everyone's posts later!

I love that one. That whole new album is pretty good.

From his opening gig for Guns last year in Nashville....

11 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Out of all the old cats, most of them boys were just cool, hard partying, hell raisers. Paycheck and maybe DAC, I'd say they were the ones that might not have been right in the head :lol: and I mean that in a good way of course.

Fuckin a- I've never heard that one! Yeah, he was touched, that's for sure... Shit, country was so fuckin hard core back in the day...

4 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

It bums me out that a lot of Outlaw Country songs these days sing about pills and the like. But then again- Johnny Cash and Waylon etc were no stranger to them either... But that's the reality of rural USA these days, so you listen and think about it. 

Yeah I guess when you think about the times, back in the day them boys would talk about getting in the weed or the coke pretty good, guess it's just changing with the times. I can say from personal observation, pills have become a big time issue in the backwoods. Everywhere really I guess.

3 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Yeah I guess when you think about the times, back in the day them boys would talk about getting in the weed or the coke pretty good, guess it's just changing with the times. I can say from personal observation, pills have become a big time issue in the backwoods. Everywhere really I guess.

Yeah- my old stomping grounds, there's people ODing and dying on heroin and shit. Paying big money for oxy and that shit. I'm glad that wasn't around in my day of exploration, because who knows... then there's the meth world...

Weed n beer are like golf- it's a lifetime sport! Make friends and socialize! 

Its a rough fuckin world out there these days...

7 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Yeah- my old stomping grounds, there's people ODing and dying on heroin and shit. Paying big money for oxy and that shit. I'm glad that wasn't around in my day of exploration, because who knows... then there's the meth world...

Weed n beer are like golf- it's a lifetime sport! Make friends and socialize! 

Its a rough fuckin world out there these days...

Oh man, heroin has exploded around here over the last year or two. People have died. People who were on the pills are now on the mud and I mean just going down fast. It's a damn shame.

I have know idea why I like Big & Rich as much as I do. Like I fucking love this song.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Oh man, heroin has exploded around here over the last year or two. People have died. People who were on the pills are now on the mud and I mean just going down fast. It's a damn shame.

I have know idea why I like Big & Rich as much as I do. Like I fucking love this song.

Yeah it really bums me out, cuz I think about how partying was so different in the 80s. You could wrap your car around a tree I guess, but it seemed different...

Yeah I have that album too, and I love it. It was just a cool overlap in genres at the time I think. 

Here in KS- chicks used to go crazy af when they played this one in the country clubs... ?

• Like 1

I'm not a big fan of Kenny Chesney, but I like this one. It reminds me of my #2 best friend from NY, in particular a Halloween party at a bar we attended. Let's just say, Uncle Fester n the Pink Panther met Wonder Woman and her friend the naughty nurse that night... :lol:

Ah hell- I don't really remember the girls costumes. Probably wasn't Wonder Woman. Might've been a naughty nurse though. But I don't remember that part. Uncle Fester n the Pink Panther were definitely present however... Always got a chuckle out of Bumblefoot playing the Pink Panther theme... laughing right now thinking of that saxaphone part... :lol:

Edited by Fitha_whiskey

14107735_666601376822121_559951512862140I'm a few days late on the Jessi Colter talk, but just a heads up she still has it. I couldn't find the picture I got with her, but I'm in the background of this one talking to Shooter as she poses with Buddy Jennings. This was taken sometime in August 2016. She just released an album called Psalms a few months ago. 

• Like 3