If That Ain't Country

Fitha_whiskey

^ that's a good tune. They just played in Lawrence a couple months ago. I was gonna go see them, but we decided to go see Chris Robinson Brotherhood the next night instead. Didn't wanna spend to see both. Wish I'd talked the old lady into Whiskey Myers instead, because Chris Robinson (Black Crowes) thinks he's Jerry Garcia now...

12 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

^ that's a good tune. They just played in Lawrence a couple months ago. I was gonna go see them, but we decided to go see Chris Robinson Brotherhood the next night instead. Didn't wanna spend to see both. Wish I'd talked the old lady into Whiskey Myers instead, because Chris Robinson (Black Crowes) thinks he's Jerry Garcia now...

lol. Well maybe she'll be more amenable to go next time around then. Btw, I love how you call your gf the old lady :lol: Because it's like the ol' timers who call their wives that..said with the utmost affection, cause they know they would be lost without her. ;)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

lol. Well maybe she'll be more amenable to go next time around then. Btw, I love how you call your gf the old lady :lol: Because it's like the ol' timers who call their wives that..said with the utmost affection, cause they know they would be lost without her. ;)

Yeah, she's alright. Gives me a whole lotta slack on the ol chain, that's for sure. Only way we've made it almost 10 years... She knows I don't tolerate too much "instruction". :lol:

I heard this one on Sirius this morning. I did some checking, and found out Willie has a new album that came out in April. His 72nd studio album!!! This is the title track, co written by Jamey Johnson, who also sings on it along with some other dudes. It's bad ass. I'm gonna have to revisit it later on tonight when I'm in my "lonesome zone"... 

• Like 1

damn, outta likes. Wow, good on Willie! And that song is so soulful. I like it a lot.

Side note, why does Jamey do so much writing for other people and guest spotting on their albums? He needs some more of his own!

LOL at 'lonesome zone" :lol:

Edited by Whiskey Rose

3 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

damn, outta likes. Wow, good on Willie! And that song is so soulful. I like it a lot.

Side note, why does Jamey do so much writing for other people and guest spotting on their albums? He needs some more of his own!

LOL at 'lonesome zone" :lol:

I don't know, that's a good question. 

Here's another one of his new ones. I like it too- a little more light hearted, but he also knows he ain't got forever, so it's kinda sad in a way.

He's wearing the greatest sweatshirt I've ever seen in my life.

Holy Christ that's a sad one @Whiskey Rose! That one might even be too sad for the Lonesome Zone later! :lol:

Yeah he calls that old guitar Trigger. He's had it forever obviously. He played it the times I've seen him live (along with many other guitars)... it's got a one of a kind tone for sure. You hear one note and you know it's him.

I'm gonna have to get his new album. 

3 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

:lol: I've seen Black Crowes three times, the last was a few years ago and I left thinking along the same lines. He's always had some hippy in him but damn I think my boy is on one of those acid trips you hear about where a motherfucker don't come down :lol:

Good country roots....

• Like 1

Too much jam band for me. I like a small amount of Dead, but it was the whole deal. If you weren't wearing a hemp necklace, Birkenstocks and a tie dye... it was where hippies stare at cowboys :lol:... I was beer hammered but pretty sober compared to the crowd. I was hoping for something closer to a Crowes show, so I wasn't ready.

So did you go to that summer AJ show you posted?

2 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Once he got popular he seemed to get away from the fame/cmt stuff pretty fast didn't he. I kinda get that vibe from him that he wouldn't really love that lifestyle. You only saw him with cats like Willie and Hank Jr and Shooter. He must like the road though, he still tours a lot.

This is a good one he did with Willie on his last album.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Too much jam band for me. I like a small amount of Dead, but it was the whole deal. If you weren't wearing a hemp necklace, Birkenstocks and a tie dye... it was where hippies stare at cowboys :lol:... I was beer hammered but pretty sober compared to the crowd. I was hoping for something closer to a Crowes show, so I wasn't ready.

So did you go to that summer AJ show you posted?

The first two Crowe shows were probably two of the best straight up rock n roll shows I've ever been to. I mean it was just pure 100% rock n roll. The last show they were heading in the direction you're talking about. Which I think helped with their final split up.

No I wish I had been there. I just caught a song from it on something earlier.

Edited by J Dog