If That Ain't Country

Fitha_whiskey

16 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I love Hank III. I saw him play in a bar in Lawrence KS around 15 years ago on a cold n snowy winter night. Half the crowd was 60+ years old. The half that was younger was all high as fuck (myself included). He played his country stuff for the first half, then took an intermission, and told the old folks they should probably leave now. Then they came back out and played the Hellbilly shit. Weird weird show. One I'll never forget...

I've also seen Bocephus twice. 2 of the most fun shows I've seen.

I'll tell you what though, Hank 3 was one of the most rocking shows I've been too. And after the show, he took like 5 minutes, changed shirts, then came down in the crowd hanging out, signing autographs, taking pictures. Cool motherfucker.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Well I can't get upset with anybody for listening to some Possum now can I. But let me know what you think about Straight to Hell. I think you'll like it. Some heads up...Dick in Dixie has your favorite word in it....Not Everybody Likes Us, listen out for the Kid Rock diss.

He dissed Kid Rock?  OK, i REALLY like the mad now, Kid Rock is a fuckin' retard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

He dissed Kid Rock?  OK, i REALLY like the mad now, Kid Rock is a fuckin' retard.

Background...on Devil Without Without a Cause, Kid name dropped the Williams family a few times. The big one I remember right off was "I feel a little Hank runnin' through my blood". So nobody knew who Kid Rock was at the time and this started big rumors (at least in the country community) that Kid was like, Hank Jr's son or some shit. Let's just say Hank 3 put those rumors to rest :lol:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Background...on Devil Without Without a Cause, Kid name dropped the Williams family a few times. The big one I remember right off was "I feel a little Hank runnin' through my blood". So nobody knew who Kid Rock was at the time and this started big rumors (at least in the country community) that Kid was like, Hank Jr's son or some shit. Let's just say Hank 3 put those rumors to rest :lol:

I could tell you sight unseen that he ain't Hank Williamses anything.  I've heard of the apple fallin' far from the tree but that would be like the apple falling far from the tree, bouncing off the ground and ramming itself up the farmers arse.

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

I could tell you sight unseen that he ain't Hank Williamses anything.  I've heard of the apple fallin' far from the tree but that would be like the apple falling far from the tree, bouncing off the ground and ramming itself up the farmers arse.

He is however neighbors and best friends with Hank Jr. They have collaborated on some stuff- most notably the Crossroads show that was on CMT. Hank III doesn't have a good relationship with his father I don't believe. I imagine there are some hard feelings there. Just my speculation...

I refuse to watch, Kid Rock is jus awful :lol:  For some unknown reason I've always hated that guy.  THATS almost cool by association but if Paul McCartney can't help Kanye in that regard then Kid Rock don't stand a chance, he jus looks like...a pedophile :lol:  

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, J Dog said:

indeed he did :)

Hank Williams and Hank lll.JPG

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Hank III doesn't have a good relationship with his father I don't believe. I imagine there are some hard feelings there. Just my speculation...

You're right but I actually think they're kind of good now. I know a year or so ago I saw a video of them together riding on Jr's farm kind of shooting the shit. And Hank 3 did give Bocephus a shoutout on Grand Ole Opry Aint So Grand Anymore. But yeah, for years it sounded like there were problems.

1 hour ago, J Dog said:

You're right but I actually think they're kind of good now. I know a year or so ago I saw a video of them together riding on Jr's farm kind of shooting the shit. And Hank 3 did give Bocephus a shoutout on Grand Ole Opry Aint So Grand Anymore. But yeah, for years it sounded like there were problems.

They need to record Family Tradition together if they're good now! That would be bad ass.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2016 at 3:42 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

yikes i just listened to some of Miranda Lambert's new album....so not good IMO. what happened to THIS Miranda??

I was just coming to post this!! I had her LP in my hands at the record store this morning, then thought "Hmm, maybe I'll stream it first". I'm sooooooooooooo glad I did as I didn't like it much at all and I'd be pissed if had paid for it.

I was really hoping her (new) old man would have an influence on this album as I absolutely LOVE his debut album:

• Like 1