If That Ain't Country

Fitha_whiskey

2 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Wore a hole right through it!  as an aside, wow does Willie ever look different clean-shaven and all slicked back.. I don't like it :lol:

See, the whole outlaw country thing got some of it's start from that, it wasn't just the content of the music. Willie and Waylon and them did the whole clean cut look for the business, but once they decided fuck that let's just be ourselves, they really changed things in Nashville. People just don't know, that was like Grunge or something. Nashville was filled with a bunch of clean cut, shiny suit wearing, proper Stetson cowboy hats, looking manufactured from a Nashville magazine, just the way they were supposed to look. Then here comes Willie with braids and a bandana and Waylon with a scruffy beard and shaggy hair, they really were rebels of the time.

• Like 1

@Fitha_whiskey that is a doozy for sure! But it is sooooo beautiful, omg. I'm gonna try and look at it in a positive way..he's reflecting back, he's led a good full life, experienced love, made mistakes, made amends, and even though he still feels young enough inside to conquer the world, he knows that's just not the way it's gonna be now. And he accepts that, and is at peace with it. It's sad, but also uplifting in a way.  

(or maybe im just reading way too much into it :lol:)

Is the whole album that sort of theme? cause that might be a bit much..

Edited by Whiskey Rose

16 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

@Fitha_whiskey that is a doozy for sure! But it is sooooo beautiful, omg. I'm gonna try and look at it in a positive way..he's reflecting back, he's led a good full life, experienced love, made mistakes, made amends, and even though he still feels young enough inside to conquer the world, he knows that's just not the way it's gonna be now. And he accepts that, and is at peace with it. It's sad, but also uplifting in a way.  

(or maybe im just reading way too much into it :lol:)

Is the whole album that sort of theme? cause that might be a bit much..

Well, I haven't listened to everything yet, about 5 songs so far I guess. They're all pretty somber, but Old Timer and It Gets Easier are the extremely sad ones. 

The whole "you feel like a young bull rider, but you look in the mirror and see an old timer" is pretty much what you're saying, so I guess I shouldn't think it's so sad. He definitely lived a life and is still going strong... 

Too sad for a sober Tuesday night though... :lol:

• Like 1

One for the workin man....

Fun fact: his guitar tech wrote that song so Hank 3 was like, well shit, you can sing on it with me too :lol: Great song.

"The boss man says work's gettin slow,

pack up your tools boys and head on home"

That's real talk right there.

Edited by J Dog
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

It's also Canada Day July 1, we are 150 yrs old on Saturday!

Oh yes, you have stronger and more delicious beer. I'd smuggle American secrets across right now for a 12pk of true Molson Export. 

So are there big celebrations up there for the big 150? 

You guys are so sweet! :P

@Fitha_whiskey we are not too demonstrative when it comes to our patriotism, we could learn a lot from you guys about that, but Canada Day is about the only time we let'er all hang out. haha! And with it being 150 the fireworks this year across the country are going to be amazing I'm sure! Our town alone has almost tripled their budget. (maybe they'll even be on par with your 4th of July's??) :lol:

@J Dog Bret Hart :wub: and The British Bulldogs :wub: in one long video?? :wub::wub::wub:  Best.CanadaDay.Ever.  :lol:

And Happy 4th of July! (or do you say Independence Day?)

• Like 1