Anyone know of any singular rock acts?

Mendez

Anyone know of any rock guys who write and record their own stuff by themselves (with the possible exception of drums). Only mainstream guy I can think of is Dave Grohl for at least the first Foo Fighters record where he played drums, guitars, bass, and sang vocals on his own stuff. And the only other guy I know of is Bumblefoot where he plays guitars/bass and sings his own stuff, but has someone else play drums how he imagines it in his head.

Basically someone who is the solo driving force behind their songs and does at least lead, rhythm and bass guitars by themselves in the studio. And doesn't have anybody that contributes to their sound other than themselves. Could be someone signed to a major label, or some guy you heard on SoundCloud.

It could also be an instrumental guy like Buckethead (who does guitars and bass)

Edited by Mendez

There's Albert and Joe Bouchard, who used to play drums and bass respectively in the classic Blue Oyster Cult.

Albert plays all instruments on his 2014 album Incantation, and Joe did the same on his solo album Tales From The Island in 2012.

Just as an aside, they also have a band with Dennis Dunaway (Alice Cooper Group bassist) called BLUE COUPE.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mendez said:

Anyone know of any rock guys who write and record their own stuff by themselves (with the possible exception of drums). Only mainstream guy I can think of is Dave Grohl for at least the first Foo Fighters record where he played drums, guitars, bass, and sang vocals on his own stuff. And the only other guy I know of is Bumblefoot where he plays guitars/bass and sings his own stuff, but has someone else play drums how he imagines it in his head.

Basically someone who is the solo driving force behind their songs and does at least lead, rhythm and bass guitars by themselves in the studio. And doesn't have anybody that contributes to their sound other than themselves. Could be someone signed to a major label, or some guy you heard on SoundCloud.

It could also be an instrumental guy like Buckethead (who does guitars and bass)

Josh Homme did everything bar the drums on QOTSA's first album, fucking great album too. I think he pretty much composes everything else they've ever done as well, apart from the odd song from Nick Oliveri when he was in the band.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2016 at 0:50 AM, Silverburst80 said:

Josh Homme did everything bar the drums on QOTSA's first album, fucking great album too. I think he pretty much composes everything else they've ever done as well, apart from the odd song from Nick Oliveri when he was in the band.

Checked out the first two albums by them, am definitely a fan now :headbang:

6 hours ago, Mendez said:

Checked out the first two albums by them, am definitely a fan now :headbang:

If you like those I suggest you go further back and check out his first band Kyuss. Probably start with the album ...And the circus leaves town (it's closest in style QOTSA self titled) and then check out the first two albums Blues for the Red Sun and Welcome to Sky Valley, both are considered classics in the underground scene. They are a little heavier, abit like Motorhead and Sabbath had a very pissed off child...for example.

Edited by Silverburst80

• 1 month later...