Slash is the best in the world

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

Only thing I dont like about Slash is his desire to not play ballads. I think he did his most iconic work on those with gnr. 

But you can't tell an artist what to paint so I can't hate too much, the guy is just freakishly talented 

Its not that he doesnt like them, I think he thought they were too much ballads on the illusions. Anyway he is playing them all live now! Slash rules! 

24 minutes ago, moreblack said:

He's done plenty of them on his own, Street Child, Back To The Moment, Fall To Pieces, Loving The Alien, Starlight etc. It's not like he actively avoids them.

I'm sure it was more an Axl thing that he didn't like ballads at the time. He seems to excel in making the guitar express proper emotion which is amazing 

• Like 1

He's definitely one of the top ever.  Hopefully this tour will get most critics and industry insiders to respect him more.  Although we as fans have known it for years, most "in the biz"/music critics rarely give him the respect he deserves when it comes to "all time" lists.

15 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I'm sure it was more an Axl thing that he didn't like ballads at the time. He seems to excel in making the guitar express proper emotion which is amazing 

I'm not sure it was mainly an Axl thing. Maybe partly, but I think it was more of he didn't want to do a complete album full of Stephanie S. ballads.

Slash's image in public eyes is pretty much the same last 15 years (since I follow him, don't know before but I think it was the same) and I don't he can change it now. He is always going to be mentioned in a tier bellow Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, David Gilmour... With guys like John Frusciante for example. Amazing but not quite godlike 

2 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Slash's image in public eyes is pretty much the same last 15 years (since I follow him, don't know before but I think it was the same) and I don't he can change it now. He is always going to be mentioned in a tier bellow Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, David Gilmour... With guys like John Frusciante for example. Amazing but not quite godlike 

Rolling Stone made him their best guitarist ever on one of their list so I don't think he's considered a step below anyone. Not that any list matters but I think the perception is he's one of if not the greatest.  

2 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Yeah, people never really follow every song they make, so they base their opinion on either their biggest hits (like SCOM, PC, WTTJ etc) and if they "mess up" covering someone elses song. I think Slash would be more highly regarded if he cleaned up his live technique. His technique is good enough, but often brown notes happen on his trickier stuff, as well as his bends not always being on the mark (most noticable on NR imo). 

But I have heard people (who are not GNR fans) say while Slashs technique is not perfect, that he is a good song writer.

John Frusciante is a great guitarist/song writer as well.

P.S. by technique I mean hitting every note correctly and precisely (meaning not having fret buzz)

Edited by Mendez

The last shows I have seen were Van Halen - Zakk Wylde -Steve Vai- Yngwie Malamsten - Tony iommi- Slash  quite a run of Killer Players - I love them all - Slash Brings it as hard as anybody 

8 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

OMG SLASH is slaying it - every single gig he is on fire - @riverplate Maybe the best I have ever heard him - his tone is incredible- better than uyi tone - He is playing with emotion like always and is shredding the neck like no other - he is wearing the guitar fucking out and I LOVE IT ! Thick ominous riffs   breaknecking speed with  the arpeggios and his signature blues licks - THE MAN is simply playing his heart out for us and I LOVE IT ! 

No fuckin way. Slash was, like Axl, in his prime during UYI. His intros were so damn good...then we had the godfather theme...MJ's Give in to me and Lennys Always on the run. 

But I agree that he is a living guitar legend and he is in the same league as Jimi Hendrix.