How do people perceive you?

john lennon

ok i only got like 5 minutes in but before i forget @Len Cnut are you the one talking about Bucket and Robin? @Graeme having seen your pics and now hearing your accent you should never have a problem getting women ( if you haven't you should try coming to the states and do a Love Actually kind of thing :lol: ) @ARQ ( sorry i don't know your whole name ) it's not fair to be that pretty and have a great accent :P and @Dazey you sound right proper if i guessed right between you and Len :lol:

how i am percieved depends on the observer

seeing how 98% of the people i meet somehow end up being intolerant, humourless, shallow, narrow minded sheep, you can imagine what happens when me arrives at the scene: unconventional, individual, arrogant, bigmouth and a smartass, impatient, and all sorts of other qualities you would associate with the one black sheep in the cattle.

this 2% of the population that is on the same plane as i am, include my wife and my sister. i havent met someone else who can cope with me.

i do manage to play along when it comes to message boards though. but this isn't the real me. in real life i would never contribute so much to a discussion as i do on here. i'm insecure, weird, lonely, tormented and cynical.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Graeme don't sound Scotish Scotish Scotish...he has one of those well-to-do tamed Scottish accents...as opposed to a proper one like:

Wait a fucking minute :P I was speaking to be understood by an audience from all over the place. If I spoke the way I do when I talk just to other Scottish people then everyone would have been like "great podcast! couldn't understand half of it!"

I've lived in other countries, and I've learned that while it's an effort to adjust the way that you speak in the first instance, it's much less annoying than having to say everything twice.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ok so @Graeme do you sound like this guy at all :) and @J Dog i am going to guess not but does the one w/the southern accent sound anything like you? :P

No, thats a mama's boy southern accent. For me, think Woody Harrelson in Natural Born Killers.  But deeper, like, say Johnny Cash.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ok so @Graeme do you sound like this guy at all :) and @J Dog i am going to guess not but does the one w/the southern accent sound anything like you? :P

That's a very east coast Scottish accent, listen to the way his sentences rise towards the end and the way he finishes some of his sentences with "like" or "eh". Trademark of the east coast, from the borders (where this video is filmed) right up through Edinburgh, Fife, Dundee and Aberdeen.

I have a west coast accent, there's probably a fair bit of Glasgow in it (west Glasgow anyway, east end Glaswegian is probably the most indecipherable accent in Scotland, not related to the east coast accents in any way) because my Dad's Glaswegian but I grew up in a small village so there's a bit of a rural twang to some parts of it too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Graeme said:

That's a very east coast Scottish accent, listen to the way his sentences rise towards the end and the way he finishes some of his sentences with "like" or "eh". Trademark of the east coast, from the borders (where this video is filmed) right up through Edinburgh, Fife, Dundee and Aberdeen.

I have a west coast accent, there's probably a fair bit of Glasgow in it (west Glasgow anyway, east end Glaswegian is probably the most indecipherable accent in Scotland, not related to the east coast accents in any way) because my Dad's Glaswegian but I grew up in a small village so there's a bit of a rural twang to some parts of it too.

Len linked me to a podcast with you, Len, Dazey and ARQ...you have a very nice voice :)

24 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Naww you guys all seem so nice! I didn't know there was a MYGNR podcast, does it still happen? It's a pleasant surprise to hear your voices and also weird considering you can't help painting a picture in your mind with the avatars and the posts. Like @janrichmond said @Dazey is eloquent as fuck, like...whaaat?! :wow:

Oh my lord, @AxlsRocketQueen has the voice of an angel *swoons*

I'm really curious to hear what the rest of you sound like now

The closest I usually get to being called eloquent rhymes with its 3rd syllable. :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

Len linked me to a podcast with you, Len, Dazey and ARQ...you have a very nice voice :)

Haha, I think I sound like I'm no fun at all on that podcast :P. Like I'm the super-serious one trying to keep things on topic and Len, Dazey and Syd get to be the witty parties.

• Like 1