Chinese Democracy, Contraband or Slash

Chinese Democracy, Contraband or Slash?  

129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 minutes ago, Deniz said:

Out of the three, Contraband. But my fav. post-gnr album is it's five o'clock somewhere.

I dig 5 O'Clock a lot -- I just don't like the singer Eric Dover. That album could have been really good with a better vocalist. AXL obviously would have been phenomenal, but almost anybody would have been better than Dover. Rod Jackson from the 2nd Snakepit album would have been better.

• Like 1

I prefer Apocalyptic Love over World on Fire by a wide margin. Better songs imo. Here are the songs I listen to. The rest I skip whereas I can listen to VR & Slash(self) & Snakepit without skipping a song

AL: Anastasia, Not For Me, Far and Away, Bad Rain, You're a Lie, We Will Roam, Standing in the Sun

WOF: Wicked Stone, Too Far Gone, The Dissident, Beneath the Savage Sun, World on Fire

AL - 7

WOF - 5

CD I skip 'If the world', 'Scraped' & Rihad every single time. I wish OH My God was made the record instead and even Silkworms. If I'm craving listening to Catcher and IRS I put on the demos

• Like 1

Contraband for me.

It makes me happy that Slash and Duff shared a band with Scott Weiland. They were an amazing band (one of the best gigs I've ever been to) and Contraband not only stood the test of time for me, I actually like it a lot more now than I did a few years ago.

I think Libertad is great as well but it's a shame they left Messages and Gas & A Dollar Laugh out of the album. Those two songs rock and the album would have been epic if it included them.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I think Chinese and Contraband are awful, however, at least you get a few good Slash solos (and one or two riffs) on the latter, though neither could be considered 'good' albums. I did quite like Libertad though. Slash is the most enjoyable of the three and indeed, Slash's best post-GN'R album.

You sir have the same wavelength as me...  We concur on almost everything music wise.. I have yet to find a greater percentage of people claiming Libertad to be Slash's best project outside of GnR.. and I view it as such! It makes VR for what it is... Truly an unprecedented undertaking in Slash music opus and latter stages of rock music...

Chinese Democracy and Contraband are neck and neck for me, but I voted for ChiDem. It has more flavors (for the lack of a better word), though Contraband sounds more organic and is more rocking. Both albums have great songs and both albums are very dear to me.

It was a tough decision :lol:

Edited by jekylhyde

8 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

How come somebody become GNR fans without being an Axl fans? Which singer you want for replacing Axl?

Being a GNR fan and being an Axl fan can be two different things.

I'm an Axl fan in GNR. Not so much an solo Axl fan.

To answer your question, there ain't no singer for replacing Axl in GNR

Edited by Free Bird

Given the specific situation "If they dropped you off on Mars and you could only have one of these which would you choose?", I would have to say Chinese Democracy.

Although I like certain songs on Contraband more, CD is a lot more interesting to listen to. It's layered and complicated and I could probably pass a lot of time trying to pick apart the different sounds and lyrics. I would enjoy Contraband initially but I would probably get bored of it real quick.