I Am Independent

Ace Nova

I am independent.

For the last eight years of my life I had to listen to right wing propaganda.  They said he was the worst president ever.  I digress.  In reality, he will go down in history as one of the best.

Make America great again?  What's wrong with America? The economy is fine.  International relations are fine.  What is wrong with America?

Nothing.  Absolutely nothing is wrong with America.

From my standpoint.  From my standpoint...

Jobs are plenty.  The land is rich.

So what's wrong with America?

Hooray for tolerance!

Sweet Home Alabama.

What was once regarded as inflammatory, is now considered poetic...or...vice versa.

Make America Great Again?  For who?  For what?

This was never about making America Great Again. 

This was about you. 

This was about you feeling that you were left behind. 

You were ignored.

You don't understand it but it was forced down your throat.  

You had no choice but to accept it.

This was all forced down your throat.

And if you objected, you would be vilified.

The entire world became prejudiced against the beliefs you hold strong.

So, you elected a new president....

For all those that the World left behind.

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1

Everyone to blame for twats like Trump 'except the people who vote for them'

13-11-16

fartrum.jpg

PEOPLE who disagree with Donald Trump and Nigel Farage are responsible for their success rather than the gullible idiots who vote for them, the media have decided.

Commentators believe Trump’s victory and Brexit could have been avoided if everyone stopped having reasonable views and agreed with mad, barely coherent grievances.

Guardian columnist Donna Sheridan said: “If tolerant people had listened to mental Trump supporters they wouldn’t have voted for him due to some magical process I can’t explain.

“It’s the same with Brexit. We should have been saying, ‘There there, it’s not your fault you have to be racist because you haven’t got an amazing job and the Polish shop makes you angry.’

“Liberals like me may as well have marched Trump and Brexit supporters to the polling station and made them vote with a gun at the their head, but obviously we’d never do that because we’re too nice.”

Political pundit Tom Booker said: “We need to listen to ordinary people, even if it’s hard to work out what their point is except that all politicians are basically criminals and we won the war.”

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/everyone-to-blame-for-twats-like-trump-except-the-people-who-vote-for-them-20161113117081

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KiraMPD said:

Interesting. Could you provide examples on which aspects you would like less state interference?

Where do you want me to begin? I cannot speak for the United States but Britain is probably the most overly bureaucratic country in the world. There are virtually no aspects of modern life, the state does not interfere with!

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Where do you want me to begin? I cannot speak for the United States but Britain is probably the most overly bureaucratic country in the world. There are virtually no aspects of modern life, the state does not interfere with!

Begin anywhere you want to begin? Like list you top five.

(not trying to bait or anything, just curious)

4 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:

Begin anywhere you want to begin? Like list you top five.

(not trying to bait or anything, just curious)

There are already excessive layers of pointless government, Brussels bureaucrats, councils, devolved Celtic governments. You literally cannot do anything, work, stage an event, sell food, without 'elf n' safety or some other jobsworth intervening. The government is to all intents and purposes trying to ban smoking. Buy a pack of beer and there will be a warning on it about ''drinking to excess''. But a packet of cigarettes and there will be a disgusting lung emblazoned on the packet. Buy something naughty food wise and there will be governmental legislation on ''the amount of fat'' etc etc. The government even tells you how to think, proliferating their ideology of 'diversity' (go on any college course - computing, linguistics, etc. - and it will not be long before the lecturer hands out the sheets on 'diversity'). As Len has pointed out, the CCTV thing.

Britain is a nightmare now, awash with apparatchiks, state indoctrination and surveillance. Her cities are now thoroughly ghastly places.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

There are already excessive layers of pointless government, Brussels bureaucrats, councils, devolved Celtic governments. You literally cannot do anything, work, stage an event, sell food, without 'elf n' safety or some other jobsworth intervening. The government is to all intents and purposes trying to ban smoking. Buy a pack of beer and there will be a warning on it about ''drinking to excess''. But a packet of cigarettes and there will be a disgusting lung emblazoned on the packet. Buy something naughty food wise and there will be governmental legislation on ''the amount of fat'' etc etc. The government even tells you how to think, proliferating their ideology of 'diversity' (go on any college course - computing, linguistics, etc. - and it will not be long before the lecturer hands out the sheets on 'diversity'). As Len has pointed out, the CCTV thing.

Britain is a nightmare now, awash with apparatchiks, state indoctrination and surveillance. Her cities are now thoroughly ghastly places.

With regards to food/beverage/cigarettes restrictions and warning; wasn't this brought about because of a certain (vocal) part of the population demanding it? Like the "war on junk food" and now the "war on sugar". 

I fall under what one would call an "ethnic minority" and even I hate equality and diversity workshops. :facepalm:

I agree with the surveillance thing, and I abhor all types of unnecessary surveillance from security officials with body cams to twats with smartphones. Then again, I've had to rig my house with CCTV due to discourage people from fucking with our property...

Edited by KiraMPD

25 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:

With regards to food/beverage/cigarettes restrictions and warning; wasn't this brought about because of a certain (vocal) part of the population demanding it? Like the "war on junk food" and now the "war on sugar". 

I fall under what one would call an "ethnic minority" and even I hate equality and diversity workshops. :facepalm:

I agree with the surveillance thing, and I abhor all types of unnecessary surveillance from security officials with body cams to twats with smartphones. Then again, I've had to rig my house with CCTV due to discourage people from fucking with our property...

Cctv, visible cctv that is, is an invitation more than a deterent, suggests you got something worth chiefing.  Also, with the advent of internet cctv that you can then watch from your phone all you've got to do is shut the broadband connection off and its rendered useless.

if you hang around with dealers you get an idea of just how bad CCTV is in town, its literally everywhere.  I suppose theres the obvious thing of 'well clearly its giving dealers the hump', its not, jus makes em more aware.

On the road I'm sitting on now, which you can walk the length of in about 2 mins, there are three cameras, one at either end and one at the cross roads in the middle, the only way you can come in or out of it unwatched is to take a shortcut through one of the two roads that come off it...and one of them has a camera about 500 yards along on a corner by the subway.

Edited by Len Cnut

8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Cctv, visible cctv that is, is an invitation more than a deterent, suggests you got something worth chiefing.  Also, with the advent of internet cctv that you can then watch from your phone all you've got to do is shut the broadband connection off and its rendered useless.

Maybe, however in my experience it has worked as a wonderful deterrent. People used to break out windows and fuck with our cars but since we set-up the cameras, the number of incidences have gone way down.

Tbh we aren't that rich and our house isn't that posh. We haven't ever had a burglary attempts (and I hope that no one every tries). It's mostly been people trying to cause a hindrance. The police wouldn't do shit about it, so we did.

Just now, KiraMPD said:

Maybe, however in my experience it has worked as a wonderful deterrent. People used to break out windows and fuck with our cars but since we set-up the cameras, the number of incidences have gone way down.

Tbh we aren't that rich and our house isn't that posh. We haven't ever had a burglary attempts (and I hope that no one every tries). It's mostly been people trying to cause a hindrance. The police wouldn't do shit about it, so we did.

Police are a waste of time in those kinda situations, my uncle had similar grief for a long while and they really didnt do much, lit fireworks through the letterbox, spray painting NF on the door, all sorts.  You can usually find the culprit though if you know the local lads, just something you have to sort out yourself.