Guns N’ Roses - Top World Tour Earning Chart

With $5.5m per show, Guns N’ Roses reunion tour tops Pollstar’s global concert income chart - and their ticket prices are higher than anyone else in top 20

The Not In This Lifetime reunion tour has netted Guns N’ Roses over $5.5m per show – placing them at the top of Pollstar’s global concert chart.

Axl Rose and co made more than Bruce Springsteen, Beyonce, Adele and Coldplay per show – but their average ticket price of $117 was also the highest in the top 20 list.

Trade publication Pollstar assemble their chart from information provided by promoters and venue managers, resulting in an average per-event figure for each band.

Second on the list is Springsteen, who made $5.3m per show at a ticket price of $112. He’s followed by pop stars Beyonce, Adele and Coldplay, who netted $4.9m, $4.2m and $3.9m respectively.

Lower down the top 20, Journey and the Doobie Brothers made No.19 with $655,000 per show at a ticket price of $60.74 while Def Leppard made No.20 with $617,000 at $59.13.

Meanwhile, Alter Bridge frontman Myles Kennedy has said he expects to start work with Slash on his fourth solo band album within the next 18 months.

The project has been on hold since the guitarist returned to Guns N’ Roses, following the release of World On Fire in 2014.

Kennedy tells Music Life: “I think I knew by the fall of last year about the GN’R reunion. We actually had communication about a month ago about reconvening in the next year to 18 months. So the door is definitely open.”

Pollstar global concert chart – average takings per show

1. Guns N’ Roses – $5.5m ($117.34 per ticket)
  2. Bruce Springsteen – $5.2m ($112.28)
  3. Beyonce – $4.9m ($104.30)
  4. Adele – $4.3m ($111.04)
  5. Coldplay – $3.9m ($107.28)
  6. Kenny Chesney – $3.5m ($81.90)
  7. Justin Bieber – $2.6m ($84.87)
  8. Kanye West – $2.5m ($90.42)
  9. Drake – $2.3m ($112.58)
  10. Luke Bryan – $1.7m ($57.97)

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-11-14/guns-n-roses-top-world-tour-earning-chart

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 1

Enough money for:

Axl - go back to semi-retirement while he not releasing music;

Slash - fund his annual SMKC album and go back to touring small places;

Duff - do whatever he does.

Let's see what happens when the reunion thing wears out. Hoping for new music, expecting retirement.

5 minutes ago, gnr5 said:

I wonder how much is the actual profit overall, and then how much each musician gets per show. These GNR show are a huge production, might be the biggest earners but not the most profitable. 

That's true. Compared to solo acts individuals in a band cut the proceeds between members. I would be interesting to note how much each band member receives (especially how it is divided between Axl, Slash and Duff).

I'm really not that surprised that it's the highest earning tour/act. I'm still a little bewildered that it even happened! It really is kinda special considering the over two decade feud. It probably would have generated even more money if it had happened a few years ago. But still... 2016 has been a weird fuckin year...

4 hours ago, gnr5 said:

I wonder how much is the actual profit overall, and then how much each musician gets per show. These GNR show are a huge production, might be the biggest earners but not the most profitable. 

Well bands have his money before the show...I heard Guns played cor 3 mil$ per show...

Probably Axl,Slash and Duff take about 2 mil and rest 1...

Selling ticketa and gross have nothing with band grossing

1 hour ago, gnrkoncerti said:

Well bands have his money before the show...I heard Guns played cor 3 mil$ per show...

Exactly. Bands have their prices and they're generally pre-paid for concerts, tours etc. The ticket money belongs to the oragnization company / agency. However some 'self-confident' bands want and take a share from this gross sometimes. In this kind of a massive tour and a world smashing re-unioun situation, there should be no doubts to think that Gn'R has a percentage and put an article on paper for this. ;)

2 hours ago, gnrkoncerti said:

I heard that too, but still wonder if those $3m was to cover expenses and a little more or if they charged $3m just to show up and the promoter was also in charge for production.

At the end, I want to know how much each member is taking home per show, including, aside from the performance, merchandise, etc

On Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 2:06 AM, gnr5 said:

I heard that too, but still wonder if those $3m was to cover expenses and a little more or if they charged $3m just to show up and the promoter was also in charge for production.

At the end, I want to know how much each member is taking home per show, including, aside from the performance, merchandise, etc

Well,I read Tommy Stinson who said "I became millioner in Guns n Roses"...

And don't fforget that first part of Not in this life tour grossed more than New gnr tourrs since 2002-2014...

56 minutes ago, gnrkoncerti said:

Well,I read Tommy Stinson who said "I became millioner in Guns n Roses"...

And don't fforget that first part of Not in this life tour grossed more than New gnr tourrs since 2002-2014...

When did Tommy say that?

I always wondered how much did Axl share with nu members :D

On 14/11/2016 at 0:27 PM, Gibbo said:

Pollstar global concert chart – average takings per show

1. Guns N’ Roses – $5.5m ($117.34 per ticket)
  2. Bruce Springsteen – $5.2m ($112.28)
  3. Beyonce – $4.9m ($104.30)
  4. Adele – $4.3m ($111.04)
  5. Coldplay – $3.9m ($107.28)
  6. Kenny Chesney – $3.5m ($81.90)
  7. Justin Bieber – $2.6m ($84.87)
  8. Kanye West – $2.5m ($90.42)
  9. Drake – $2.3m ($112.58)
  10. Luke Bryan – $1.7m ($57.97)

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-11-14/guns-n-roses-top-world-tour-earning-chart

U2 360 Tour did an average gross of $6.7m for 110 concerts in a 3 years period (45,35,30 approx). GN'R estimations are under that but top any major artists in the top 10 of the most lucrative tours (ACDC,Madonna,Roger Waters,Rolling Stones). They've already done fifty shows this year, one hundred more and they can reach U2's numbers.

On Sunday, November 27, 2016 at 0:27 AM, Silent Jay said:

U2 360 Tour did an average gross of $6.7m for 110 concerts in a 3 years period (45,35,30 approx). GN'R estimations are under that but top any major artists in the top 10 of the most lucrative tours (ACDC,Madonna,Roger Waters,Rolling Stones). They've already done fifty shows this year, one hundred more and they can reach U2's numbers.

I'd say another 100 shows are highly likely they've to finish South America  then  tour Japan, Australia & Europe so the U2 target should be achievable.

4 hours ago, AFD5 said:

I'd say another 100 shows are highly likely they've to finish South America  then  tour Japan, Australia & Europe so the U2 target should be achievable.

If GnR want the first place, they need to hit US, SA and Europe markets twice. They also need to tour heavily in 2017 across the world, then few shows in 2018. No time for a new album. Not In This Lifetime.

1 hour ago, Silent Jay said:

If GnR want the first place, they need to hit US, SA and Europe markets twice. They also need to tour heavily in 2017 across the world, then few shows in 2018. No time for a new album. Not In This Lifetime.

I'm fairly confident they'll make first place with it looking like North America, Australia, Japan & European dates to take them up until late 2017. 

3 hours ago, AFD5 said:

I'm fairly confident they'll make first place with it looking like North America, Australia, Japan & European dates to take them up until late 2017. 

Naah. They need to do at least 150 shows with the same numbers ($5.5m). This year I think they did 50 shows, starting in April. Roughly in 2017, they're expecting to do between 50 and 70 shows. It just depends on how many shows they will do in 2018, and also if they can still hit stadiums again in Europe and US.