They aren't making as much as they could

double talkin jive mfkr

You mean with Izzy and Steven, a full reunion, it will be more lucrative? I'm guessing that's what you mean but no one knows bro. Please clarify exactly what you mean.

New album won't really make them way more money so I'll assume you're talking about Izzy/Steven in Guns. If that's the case, it won't make a huge difference commercially imo.

Most fans don't care enough about Izzy and Steven not being there to not buy a ticket. Like it was in the Illusion line up days. Most people just wanna see "Guns" back on the road, playing the hits (Axl and Slash plus whatever, Duff is another original Gunner which the crowd always is happy to see but not a deal breaker to most)

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Yeah, you talkin about AFD5 or a new record? As some have already stated, general people only cares for Axl and Slash, most dont even know who the fuck Duff is. And they are selling out stadiums, I don't know how can they profit much more. 

About a possible album... Being optimist, I think they'll be able to sell 1mi in a short period of time, maybe 5m through the years, its impossible to know as everything about GNR is so nebulous and impredictable. 

But seriously, I was talkin to some friends that went to the São Paulo gig with me, talking how much I wanted new music and stuff and all of them have said "Why new music?" its kinda sad... 

I don't know what the actual point of this thread was, but I do know that we don't know everything that's going on behind the scenes.

Not that long ago many people here were bitching about the fact that Axl didn't seem to be doing anything. He wasn't talking to the fans and nobody knew what was going on. Look how that turned out. We got a reunion with Slash. There's always things going on behind the scenes. I believe there's a good chance that a new album is in the making right now.

• Like 1

I don't know the point either and I like how things have been going this year.

Nevertheless, with some more promotional efforts (talk show appearances, interviews, media stuff) this could have been even bigger than it is (and it is big indeed).

Not complaining, it wouldn't change much for us hardcore fans anyway, but it could make a difference with casual fans.

Edited by Twinaleblood

Guns N Roses have never made as much as they should. They are making more now than they were in the 90's though. 

Tickets use to be $10 

Shirts use to be $20

They made some money on the UYI albums but the cost of the tour, the stage, the workers, the parties, the late fees all got really expensive. 

Now tickets average $117

Shirts are $40 (merchandise tents were always busy in the US)

no album no loss now, there are more bands doing huge tours now, so cost of production isn't as bad but still cost a ton, one leg of a tour makes them as much as 1 really really popular album, no late fees now, still partying on a smaller scale, but all in all things are much better.

Its been really easy to make more money in 2016, all they have to do is show up and perform. I think all these reports coming out about the band being really surprised at how well things are going and working are really saying "I can't believe how easy it is to make money now days" 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

I don't know what the actual point of this thread was, but I do know that we don't know everything that's going on behind the scenes.

Not that long ago many people here were bitching about the fact that Axl didn't seem to be doing anything. He wasn't talking to the fans and nobody knew what was going on. Look how that turned out. We got a reunion with Slash. There's always things going on behind the scenes. I believe there's a good chance that a new album is in the making right now.

I don't know if they're working on a new Guns album but I totally agree that there's always something going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. Many people on here seems to forget about this and presents their pessimistic opinions as facts.

To me it's beyond debate that Slash's working on new music. That's what he does when he's on tour. 

Since Duff is there too I assume they work together on new stuff and I don't think Fortus will miss the chance to work with those guys.

So it's all about Axl. I hope that's the inspiration he needed all these years.

If not, this music will see the light of day on another way... as Conspirators, Loaded, something totally new or, who knows, mabe VR :P:P:P:P:P

3 hours ago, default_ said:

Yeah, you talkin about AFD5 or a new record? As some have already stated, general people only cares for Axl and Slash, most dont even know who the fuck Duff is. And they are selling out stadiums, I don't know how can they profit much more. 

Wrong.

Anyways, yes they are definitely making a truckload of cash. After the 2010 tour when CDII was rejected by the label (my personal theory around rumors) Axl stopped caring and became cash grab. Still love the guy, he's a legend but yet this tour was done for the green. We can hope the next tour will have new music and to be fair, there are signs there will be, but he's Axl and he doesn't have a motive for new music, at least not anymore. I've accepted that since 2011, and some fans have acceped that since 2002.

mhhh... just thinking:
How much money would Duff and Slash get out of a record sale anyway? Would they get their full shares?
Or are they just not into it because it's not worth it? Axl might get the biggest share of all because he still owns the rights on Guns, right?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/21/2016 at 9:26 PM, Oldest Goat said:

You guys are forgetting that Axl has said several times recently that he has new material and has shared it with Slash and Duff and hopes to release it. So obviously he does care. My impression is it just takes a lot out of him to actually 'finish' songs/albums

yeah i can see that.

my own thoughts on how they could make more money ( if that's what they want. ) give them what most fans want...the AFD5. release some goodies stashed in the vault. and finish the songs/albums so they can strike while the iron is hot.:shrugs: JMO...