DJ Ashba: 'I Don't See Myself Going Back To Guns N' Roses Ever Again'

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Yep. I absolutely loathed that dude while he was in GN'R but that's because he directly effected my life lol. Dude handled leaving really well though, so I can't be mad about that. Someone else mentioned it, but it's not even like he brought it up. An interview asked kind of a dumb question and he replied, that's all.

I still like ripping on DJ though

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

All hatred and criticism were blown out of proportion around here. Without him, the last lineup would have been pretty empty. He did a decent job, not great but he was a good lad, willing to get new music out. I don't think Bumblefoot had the appeal to be the single lead guitarist. I think it worked out fine.

What bull.

Bumblefoot was more than capable to have been the sole lead guitarist for GNR during his tenure. Ashba sharing a stage with such a virtuoso was an insult to Ron.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Funky.Monkey said:

DJ ASHBA: 'I Don't See Myself Going Back To GUNS N' ROSES Ever Again' 

November 15, 2016

Ireland's Overdrive recently conducted an interview with former GUNS N' ROSES and current SIXX:A.M. guitarist DJ Ashba. An excerpt from the chat follows below.  

Overdrive: Looking back over the past few years with your commitment to GUNS N' ROSES and Nikki's [Sixx] with MÖTLEY CRÜE, it must have been very stressful to commit to SIXX:A.M. amidst the demands of touring and promo stuff, to mention your own personal life. Did it feel like a tremendous weight had been lifted off your shoulders when you finally departed from GUNS N' ROSES?  

Ashba: It really does feel like a humongous weight has been lifted off my shoulders, for sure. That was as huge responsibility for me being in GUNS N' ROSES, and, to be honest, I didn't really know just how big that weight was going to be. I learned a lot from my time with GN'R and am very grateful for it all. I experienced something for six whole years that money can't buy and I was able to take away a huge amount of self-growth and an insight into the workings of a huge band like that. I didn't for one moment, anticipate that along with such a great gig, was going to be so much criticism, as well as a lot of praising and a lot of everything! The whole experience really made me grow thick skin real quick [laughs] and be aware of my surroundings. Looking back on that whole experience, I took away so much, to which I apply to my everyday life, as well as my role in SIXX:A.M. I feel that it's overall made me a better business person and I'm very grateful for it. 

Overdrive: In keeping with GUNS N' ROSES, have you seen any of the "reunited" live shows recently? 

Ashba: No, I have not. I would love to see that show. I could not be happy for them that Slash and Duff [McKagan] are back with Axl [Rose]. I would actually love to see the whole original lineup back on stage together and that's the fanboy in me talking. [Laughs] But as the band they are now, I guess we'll take what we can get for now. I'm extremely happy about the fact that those guys have sorted out their differences and can give the fans a chance to witness that chemistry that we all know so well from the early days. 

Overdrive: If you got the call to jump back into GUNS N' ROSES, or even to fill in for Izzy [Stradlin] for a couple of shows, would you do it?  

Ashba: To be honest, I think they are doing great without me, and really, I don't see myself going back to GUNS N' ROSES ever again. Those days are over for me. I'm having a blast doing what I'm doing with SIXX:A.M. and couldn't be happier with the way things have panned out for me. My heart is totally committed to all things SIXX:A.M. right now and I'm very excited about the prospect of touring and writing more music with Nikki and James [Michael].   

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dj-ashba-i-dont-see-myself-going-back-to-guns-n-roses-ever-again/

as dhouchey as he looked on stage - he's keeping it classy all through and through

3 hours ago, J Dog said:

I like him better than Pittman at least.

Yeah that's a douche off I'm sure many here would pay to see :lol:

Regardless of who here liked Dj vs who didn't and I get that I should probably just post that he sucks for cheap likes but guess what?! Dj Ashba did NOT insult gnr fans. He didn't call mygnrforum members and mods dildos, he hasn't sued Axl or anybody, and he's had nothing but good things to say about the current band. I don't see how you can hate the guy...

Its like Melissa Reese. I find her unbearable and annoying at times but I don't hate her and I can respect her. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Yeah that's a douche off I'm sure many here would pay to see :lol:

Regardless of who here liked Dj vs who didn't and I get that I should probably just post that he sucks for cheap likes but guess what?! Dj Ashba did NOT insult gnr fans. He didn't call mygnrforum members and mods dildos, he hasn't sued Axl or anybody, and he's had nothing but good things to say about the current band. I don't see how you can hate the guy...

Its like Melissa Reese. I find her unbearable and annoying at times but I don't hate her and I can respect her. 

He insulted my intelligence for sixx years with his fake image and raped my ears with shitty guitar playing. Patience solo, kept on playing in the golden gods SCOM performance even if it was horridly out of tune and ruined the performance.

His tales about smoking where there's no smoking allowed, beating up some dude and then crying about how he was bullied as a child.

Ruining Les Pauls cause it looks cool all burnt up, playing a guitar with a drum stick like a fuckin' asshole, the This I Love solo, attention whoring hulk hogan shit, drinking jager to look cool on stage only to go spit it out behind the amps so he won't be too drunk to "play". Had a rig overlook video on youtube and didn't know fuck all about any of it. Too stupid to use 2 tone knobs and 2 volume knobs on his guitar.

Never before have I come across a douche on DJ's level. Not one that was in a band that I like anyway. He talked shit about Bumble as well.

Just as shitty as Sixx. Can't play their instrument, nothing they say or do has any value. The lowest of the low. Plus he's an idiot to boot and I hate his ugly, retarded emo bitch tats. Neil Diamond my ass.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Rovim said:
13 minutes ago, Rovim said:

He insulted my intelligence with his fake image and raped my ears with shitty guitar playing. Patience solo, kept on playing in the golden gods SCOM performance even if it was horridly out of tune and ruined the performance.

His tales about smoking when there's no smoking allowed, beating up some dude and then crying about how he was bullied as a child.

Ruining Les Pauls cause it looks cool all burnt up, playing a guitar with a drum stick like a fuckin' asshole, the This I Love solo, attention whoring hulk hogan shit, drinking jager to look cool on stage only to go spit it out behind the amps so he won't be too drunk to "play". Had a rig overlook video on youtube and didn't know fuck all about any of it. Too stupid to use 2 tone knobs and 2 volume knobs on his guitar.

Never before have I come across a douche on DJ's level. Not one that was in a band that I like at least. He talked shit about Bumble as well.

Just as shitty as Sixx. Can't play their instrument, nothing they say or do has any value. The lowest of the low. Plus he's an idiot to boot and I hate his ugly, retarded emo bitch tats.

i nominate this for post of the year! :D

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rovim said:

He insulted my intelligence for sixx years with his fake image and raped my ears with shitty guitar playing. Patience solo, kept on playing in the golden gods SCOM performance even if it was horridly out of tune and ruined the performance.

His tales about smoking where there's no smoking allowed, beating up some dude and then crying about how he was bullied as a child.

Never before have I come across a douche on DJ's level. Not one that was in a band that I like anyway. He talked shit about Bumble as well.

Just as shitty as Sixx. Can't play their instrument, nothing they say or do has any value. The lowest of the low. Plus he's an idiot to boot and I hate his ugly, retarded emo bitch tats. Neil Diamond my ass.

Pitman was still a bigger douche for insulting the fans like he did. Ashba at least was cool to the fans so there's an advantage there. But other than that, I'm not going to argue anything you've said. It's not the first one I've read any of it..

On 16/11/2016 at 0:20 AM, AlexC said:

It sounds like Dj had a really hard time in GN'R and is over the moon to be out. It must suck going onstage every night for like 5 years and getting hated on because you're not Slash. Imagine if he were to play alongside Slash now! Wearing that stupid fucking hat! He would get terrorized and he knows it. That's why he'll never go back.

I swear, the more you hear the more terrible it appears to be being a member of that band. Poor Bumblefoot was acting as if he had PTSD from working with Axl when he was interviewed by Loudwire hahaha!

:lol: Bumblefoot was almost shaking in that interview. It really does seem like it was a traumatic time for many in the band. And I suspect it wasn't just due to fan criticism, things were going on behind the scenes.

It's funny how Slash is accused of being stiff on stage and at the same time Dj gets crushed for his antics and showmanship. Is there a right thing to do?

Also, he gets a lot of shit for his image. I think it got worse as time went by but he never got to the level of ridiculousness of Robin in 2001-02 (2006 wasn't that much better either).

And all the bashing he gets for his "terrible" playing is being directed to the wrong person. Axl hired this guy to play Slash's stuff (I still can't believe it as I type it) under the GNR name!!!! How he gets a pass while Dj is treated as Hitler is beyond me.

9 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

It's funny how Slash is accused of being stiff on stage and at the same time Dj gets crushed for his antics and showmanship. Is there a right thing to do?

Also, he gets a lot of shit for his image. I think it got worse as time went by but he never got to the level of ridiculousness of Robin in 2001-02 (2006 wasn't that much better either).

And all the bashing he gets for his "terrible" playing is being directed to the wrong person. Axl hired this guy to play Slash's stuff (I still can't believe it as I type it) under the GNR name!!!! How he gets a pass while Dj is treated as Hitler is beyond me.

Please never compare Robin to DJ again.

• Like 1

Just now, BorderlineCrazy said:

Never did.

"Also, he gets a lot of shit for his image. I think it got worse as time went by but he never got to the level of ridiculousness of Robin in 2001-02 (2006 wasn't that much better either)."

Edited by PsychoKiss344

22 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

"Also, he gets a lot of shit for his image. I think it got worse as time went by but he never got to the level of ridiculousness of Robin in 2001-02 (2006 wasn't that much better either)."

Leaving the almighty Bucket aside, of all the people Axl played with, Robin had the most ridiculous image. I'd say Dj comes right after. I'm not comparing one's style with the other's, I don't even care about their image, they're musicians, not models.