[Troubadour Live] Sweet Child O' Mine

3 hours ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Fuck, this is horrible. Unwatchable.  Is this really what it has come to ?  This is it ???  This is what I waited for for 23 years ?

The only good thing here is Duff and Slash (although he needs to work on his guitar tone) ...

Axl sounds like someone who has never sung before ... or like someone who has been singing for too long and needs to quit IMMEDIATELY !  He reaches new heights of sucking.

I'm not gonna waste any more words on that nitwit drummer who claims to have been 'in the band' for 10 years, and STILL plays classics like this completely wrong...

For their sake I hope they're not planning to release this officially ... unless it's instrumental ... with included audio multitracks so I can remove the drums ...

Dude, it's one song... Don't judge Axl's performance based off this. Go and check out Welcome to the Jungle or better yet, AC/DC, the man still has the best pipes in the world. People like you who run their mouth without even giving someone the benefit of the doubt are so annoying.

• Like 3

Axl sounds like shit, yes, but we have to remember that it was the first show, he had no actual experience, he was in pain from the foot and he was most likely nervous. And from that clip it seems like he was struggling to bring some rasp to it which made it sound much worse and weaker. If he had just sang with a clean but powerful voice, we wouldn't have that much to complain about. And anyway, from the second solo onwards it's a pretty cool performance and Slash is a beast, so it's still pretty cool we got the footage.

Yeah... He's been around for years. No one even sure if he works for GnR or he is a female. Fuck that guy.

4C4 Media uploaded the video back in May/June. What an asshole.

http://4c4media.com/

Some of his tweets back in 2012:

uzisuicidal ‏@UziSuicidal Protected account28 Sep 12

OCCUPY mygnrforum# starts now Gunners vs haters

uzisuicidal ‏@UziSuicidal Protected account16 May 12

Naughty Soundcloud user is busted!!

uzisuicidal ‏@UziSuicidal Protected account1 Sep

Mack Arillo your game is up. Step off "bonham"

uzisuicidal ‏@UziSuicidal Protected account1 Sep

According to the filth that owns/runs the cesspool known as "mygnrforum" my name is nazisuicidal HA!

uzisuicidal ‏@UziSuicidal Protected account2 Sep

Scores of haters on *certain online forums* #suckitmygnr

uzisuicidal ‏@UziSuicidal Protected account17 Sep

Forums full of Ratbastards, fk em' all

• Like 1

Band sounds good, there's some little slip ups here and there if you wanna get technical but fuck what do you expect. Axl sounds pretty average for the most part, it's a song he doesn't really hit any great heights with in general anymore. Would love to see It's so Easy,WTTJ, Nightrain etc from this show i'm sure they peeled the paint off the walls in there.

11 hours ago, ludurigan said:

this professional audio recording shows (it actually exposes) why this threeunion with four aliens will never be gnr

this is just Axl (with a really hard-to-listen-to and impossible-to-enjoy voice, but still rocking), Slash (great as ever) and Duff (good as usual) playing with four aliens who completely fuck with the sound that these three guys create

i have no idea why would anyone want to listen to this crap instead of listening to any of the many actual gnr live recordings from 1986-1991

i can see only 3 reasons to listen to this nonsense more than once

#1) if you were there at the show

#2) if they had played any new song

#3) if you are a friend or relative of one of the four aliens

other than that, why listen to this horrible version of sweet child o mine?

despite slash obvious greatness, this is at least 180 times worse than any pro-shot recordings of GNR from 1986-1991

Even slash is sounding bad, his tone is all fkd up

8 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Dude, that was a great night, was never so happy about a night with a complete lack of sleep as that one.....

Same here. Staying up all night to see Axl and Slash play together for the first time in 23 years was worth it. 

• Like 1

I think Axl sings that way because he feels obligated to sing the song and never enjoys it

Since 2001 there's maybe 2 shows where he's tried to sing the whole thing with rasp - there was a Russian show in 2010 where he sounded alright

Edited by TheSeeker

The one thing that has always bugged me consistently about the live version of Sweet Child, dating all the way back to the UYI era, is how he doesn't hold the "ohhhh oh ohh" part in the chorus like he does on the album. Tho if I recall correctly he recorded his vocals on Appetite one line at a time so that's probably why. I think he held that note a few times live in the AFD era tho. Like here:

12 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Axl sounds like hot garbage on that, but I can appreciate the video for what it is overall.

He NEVER sounds good at the beginning of any tour. Never. Rio 2011, bridge street in '12, etc. And he actually prepared for this tour it seems..

Also just putting this out there in general but is it me but what is it with Axls voice on pro shots?! He sounded better on the Detroit perescope than he did on the pro shot for that show.