My Bands new song 'Born Fuck die' live

22 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

My band just made / played our first original song so check it out, if you like! hopefully we'll get in to record a studio version sometime (for any of you that like it).

Have a listen, share it, comment! the lot! 

https://www.facebook.com/HowlinGaleBand/

Tom

love the title. love the female singer. very nice!

21 hours ago, ludurigan said:

congrats man care to share some details? you guys have more original songs? did you have a part on writing this song or was it the other guys who wrote it? care to share the lyrics?

Thanks! 

The riffs are mine (barre the shuffle riff after first chorus), and the lyrics and melody are hers. The rest was collaborative, by just playing it together and deciding what sounded good / fun to us. 

And yes,wr're writing more at the moment! I'll try and those lyrics... Family friendly ones?

19 hours ago, SoundOfAGun said:

You guys sound great! Sort of funk tinged rock, the band sound tight and you have a sweet guitar tone. Get in a studio!

Glad you like it! And thanks for the nice words! I'm trying to get In to a studio (life gets in the way?) I'll definitely post a recorded version when we record it properly!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Thanks! 

The riffs are mine (barre the shuffle riff after first chorus), and the lyrics and melody are hers. The rest was collaborative, by just playing it together and deciding what sounded good / fun to us. 

And yes,wr're writing more at the moment! I'll try and those lyrics... Family friendly ones?

Glad you like it! And thanks for the nice words! I'm trying to get In to a studio (life gets in the way?) I'll definitely post a recorded version when we record it properly!

Life certainly does get in the way! I have to force myself to sit down and hit the record button sometimes; weeks can go by if you let them....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SoundOfAGun said:

Life certainly does get in the way! I have to force myself to sit down and hit the record button sometimes; weeks can go by if you let them....

Ha! I was making fun of GNR? but it is true! I play in wedding bands too, so my time is usually taken up with all of that... But I've got a taste for performing my own music so hopefully that's all the motivation I need. 

I find setting up all the recording gear usually kills the urgency. I just take out my phone and record it with or without an amp. Less chance of losing the idea!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

so can we say you are The Wedding Singer? :lol: j/k. what are the most popular songs requested at weddings these days? :)

Really popular ones right now, that are guaranteed a great response, Shut Up And Dance, Uptown Funk (Still), Starship. Older songs that gets a great response Living on a prayer, Don't stop Believin', Summer of 69, and now the christmas hits (Mariah, Shakin Stevens).

I persuaded the band to play Paradise City recently (not at a wedding :P ), and that song goes over amazing, super fun to play too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Really popular ones right now, that are guaranteed a great response, Shut Up And Dance, Uptown Funk (Still), Starship. Older songs that gets a great response Living on a prayer, Don't stop Believin', Summer of 69, and now the christmas hits (Mariah, Shakin Stevens).

I persuaded the band to play Paradise City recently (not at a wedding :P ), and that song goes over amazing, super fun to play too.

cool! thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...