Merry Christmas

Dazey

so just found out a bunch pf people can't make it to Christmas Eve. my friends who just announced they are pregnant want to keep it low key at home. my bff ( who rarely makes it anyway ) just got a new puppy after losing her border collie a few months back and doesn't want to stress the puppy by having it do a long car trip ( 4 hours round trip.) my nephews might come but not definitely. well i guess there was reason i was in no hurry to get all the booze and food...kinda had a feeling :facepalm:

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

so just found out a bunch pf people can't make it to Christmas Eve. my friends who just announced they are pregnant want to keep it low key at home. my bff ( who rarely makes it anyway ) just got a new puppy after losing her border collie a few months back and doesn't want to stress the puppy by having it do a long car trip ( 4 hours round trip.) my nephews might come but not definitely. well i guess there was reason i was in no hurry to get all the booze and food...kinda had a feeling :facepalm:

Hopefully some will show up. I'm not really looking forward to it this year. My son is in Missouri and can't come home due to finances, so I will be spending the day with my mom and that's it...at least she is making Christmas dinner. Hopefully next year I will be working again and make some friends since its been 30 years since I lived here. Merry Christmas everyone!!

On ‎2016‎-‎12‎-‎20 at 9:56 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

there will be some. actually this will work much better, i have not been feeling up to a large noisy party :) 

Well that's kind of disappointing..the good thing about a smaller gathering though, is that you can play board games like Cranium and such..:)

• Like 1

I've had a crummy day today, have been in a bit of pain that's yet to subside. I dragged myself out to a carol service tonight, and came home to find my husband has already made Yorkshire puds, apple sauce and roast potatoes, which we're going to freeze for Christmas Day. We're cooking for eight people- I've not cooked a roast before and I know how stressed I'll get on the big day. So I'm really grateful that he's just saved us loads of time. 

22 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

Cliff went on to sexually abuse everyone in the video as soon as the cameras stopped filming.

But the Hotpots say "ignore all those rumours, you're read on the net!"

Anyway, there is a certain generation of women whose only desire back in 1997 was to get loads of Spice Girls stuff from Woolworths for Christmas. They had Christmas number ones, and were on telly all the time. So I still associate Christmas with the wonder that was the 1990s. Thankful that this happened http://www.heart.co.uk/on-air/emma-bunton/robbie-williams-emma-bunton-perform-2-become-1/#f7KupTtuD40gcDTY.97

1 hour ago, PappyTron said:

Cliff went on to sexually abuse everyone in the video as soon as the cameras stopped filming.

NO HE DIDN'T!  He went back to his house in Somerset with the vicar WHO IS HIS FRIEND who, that night, instructed him on religion before they had a glass of hot milk together and went to bed together like Bert and Ernie.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

I've had a crummy day today, have been in a bit of pain that's yet to subside. I dragged myself out to a carol service tonight, and came home to find my husband has already made Yorkshire puds, apple sauce and roast potatoes, which we're going to freeze for Christmas Day. We're cooking for eight people- I've not cooked a roast before and I know how stressed I'll get on the big day. So I'm really grateful that he's just saved us loads of time. 

what type of roast? and i looked up Yorkshire pudding...they remind me of popovers which i first made in sixth grade Home Ec .

for me both trees are decorated; the peacock one is gorgeous but the other one is what gets to me...i have a lot of ornaments i've had all my life. that tree is like the story of my life. made two huge batches of choc chip cookies, a cheesecake, going to get the mince tarts started and of course have to have decorated sugar cookies. as someone here taught me just take the first step so you don't get overwhelmed :)