what is your favorite guitar moment?

action

i was listening to this track the other day, and immediately i got the inspiration for this thread.

this must be one of my favorite guitar moments ever.

just listen to that crunchy guitar riff at the start of the song. what a track. totally different from the pop version everyone knows. this is hardcore stuff :headbang:

• Like 3

First 30 seconds, intro solo of this song. First solo I ever learned when I got my guitar. I understand the admiration many have for a jam like Eruption..but for me it's all about the blues licks (which is why I got into GNR too). These kinda guitar licks just still give me goosebumps to this day.

20 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Jimis entire career really.

For sure, I could've put a number of moments here. I just always thought Voodoo Child is one of the greatest intros ever. I've heard it a million times and still love it when I hear it.

Few off the top of my head,

- Jimi's guitar solo in Hear My Train, the live version from the posthumous live album Concerts

- Jimi's guitar solo, Love and Confusion

- Basically all of the fretwork, both Izzy and Slash, in Nightrain (this song epitomises the finer points about GN'R).

- Chuck Berry intro, Carol (my favourite of all the Chuck intros although they are all timeless)..

- George Harrison's solo, Something

- Neil Young's solo in Revolution Blues

- Scotty Moore's guitar solo in Blue Moon of Kentucky

• Like 3