what is your favorite guitar moment?

action

57 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Oi, careful, thats one of my heroes you're talking about!  What have i told you about blaspheming?!?

Oi, no worries, chuck is one of my heroes too ;)

it has to be said though, one could be forgiving of expecting "johnny be goode" on more than a handful of his songs.

but yeah, without chuck, there would be no DJ ashba ;) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

why is it 75% of the videos posted here say not available in my country?? grrrrrrrrr.

Doubley ridiculous when you consider it was created closer to you than it was to me, though i dont think the recording location was on their mind when dreaming up these silly restrictions.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Since most of the moments i would have mentioned have already been mentioned, ill throw this one out there: 

Everything about this moment is special in the world of Pearl Jam. This was the biggest crowd they had played too up until that point, and Eddie was 150% into it the whole time to the point where he came off stage and totally collapsed. My favorite moment of this whole performance is Alive's solo/outro solo starting at around the 3:45 mark. McCready seems to flawlessly improvise the whole thing with his eyes closed and while totally feeling the music. Mike then goes into a wah-driven outro solo in the vain of Hendrix that some how goes full circle into War Pigs, all the while the camera is focused on the rest of the band flailing around the stage feeling the music and trying to keep themselves warm. Just listen to it:

Pearl Jam in the early 90s before they became a bunch of angry Drunks were untouchable. Very surprised they never crossed paths with GNR at that point in time. 

Maggot Brain is still my favorite guitar solo by anyone, perfectly constructed using LSD and sheer talent. Eddie Hazel was only 17 when he recorded it. (allegedly) They say it was recorded in just 1 take. Bucket was influenced by Eddie, who was heavily influenced by Jimi. What I like about this piece is that even though it's 10 minutes long, it never loses focus or direction. Pure emotion.

Edited by Rovim