The future (end of NITLT, new album, new tours)

Probably repeated subject but what you guys think will happen to the band next year and the following years? After the first semester dates, they will do more dates? Europe on the second semester? New music before 2020? Slash and Duff going back to their solo carrers?

My opinion is that, they should go on with the NITLT until the end of next year, going to Europe on the second semester... 2018, half year or the entire year off, 2019 making a new album, releasing it on 2020, going on tour til 2022, maybe take 2023 off and go on a farewell tour right after, I don't know... What you guys think is gonna happen and what you guys want to happen?

2 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

Probably repeated subject but what you guys think will happen to the band next year and the following years? After the first semester dates, they will do more dates? Europe on the second semester? New music before 2020? Slash and Duff going back to their solo carrers?

My opinion is that, they should go on with the NITLT until the end of next year, going to Europe on the second semester... 2018, half year or the entire year off, 2019 making a new album, releasing it on 2020, going on tour til 2022, maybe take 2023 off and go on a farewell tour right after, I don't know... What you guys think is gonna happen and what you guys want to happen?

If we get anything beyond the end of 2017, 2018 we will be very fortunate.

• Like 1

No one is leaving Guns anytime soon. It's too much money. Axl said he hopes to keep it going as long as possible. Meaning, Guns N' Roses with this line up.

He said he wants to release more Guns music.

I think this tour is gonna continue with breaks for 1 to 2 years, then Slash will do Con lll if Axl is not planning on getting to work on the album as soon as he gets home lol.

My guess it's going to take years. Axl is gonna put together another puzzle.

Edited by Rovim

I think someone very smart planned out 5 years for these guys and they are just taking it step by step and seeing how far they can get. 

The plan is to keep them making the most money and popularity high in each wave. The first wave involves committing to concert legs one at a time. This first part is easy, demand is high, money is good, the band just shows up and plays. 

If they finish this first wave they can move on to the next wave, release something (LA Dodger Stadium Not in this Lifetime show) this part gives them an idea of how much of the shine has worn off, but also gives substance to this band. They get this out there and start the rumor of a new Guns album to boost sales...

Next wave is important, they start the old warm up arena leg in the US...fall or winter of 2017 obviously demand for stadium is dying off but an arena leg will be a huge success and as questions start about the nostagia of this act they start playing new music...interest begins to build that Axl and Slash have actually begun working on new material. 

Towards the end of the arena leg we get the announcement that a new album will be out in the Summer of 2018, it will be a huge double album release that features 14 leftovers from CD and 14 completely new tracks...they start appearing all over news cycles for this monumental news. 

Start of 2018 they go into the studio to record finishing cuts to their new album

Next is the most important part, the band starts appearing On tv performing all new material on late shows just weeks prior to their big release, they do a huge interview with Stern, and set out on a Summer stadium tour to once again take in tons and tons of money!! 

Rinse and repeat...by announcing new legs all over the world! 

23 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I think someone very smart planned out 5 years for these guys and they are just taking it step by step and seeing how far they can get. 

The plan is to keep them making the most money and popularity high in each wave. The first wave involves committing to concert legs one at a time. This first part is easy, demand is high, money is good, the band just shows up and plays. 

If they finish this first wave they can move on to the next wave, release something (LA Dodger Stadium Not in this Lifetime show) this part gives them an idea of how much of the shine has worn off, but also gives substance to this band. They get this out there and start the rumor of a new Guns album to boost sales...

Next wave is important, they start the old warm up arena leg in the US...fall or winter of 2017 obviously demand for stadium is dying off but an arena leg will be a huge success and as questions start about the nostagia of this act they start playing new music...interest begins to build that Axl and Slash have actually begun working on new material. 

Towards the end of the arena leg we get the announcement that a new album will be out in the Summer of 2018, it will be a huge double album release that features 14 leftovers from CD and 14 completely new tracks...they start appearing all over news cycles for this monumental news. 

Start of 2018 they go into the studio to record finishing cuts to their new album

Next is the most important part, the band starts appearing On tv performing all new material on late shows just weeks prior to their big release, they do a huge interview with Stern, and set out on a Summer stadium tour to once again take in tons and tons of money!! 

Rinse and repeat...by announcing new legs all over the world! 

Sorry this is GNR, with them nothing can be that easy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Axl - bruh - one album of original material in the last 25 years.  Come on, man. 

Getting desperate I see lol. You're trying to appeal to Axl's what exactly? bruh, if it's released in 2020, I'll be surprised. 8 years of wait behind us, I think... 5 to 6 more years. 14 years overall this time is my estimation. Give or take a year.

18 minutes ago, Apollo said:

New album in 2017. There is no reason to wait until 2020. 

Release CD2. Release album with Slash/Duff. Anything at this point. 

Axl - bruh - one album of original material in the last 25 years.  Come on, man. 

2017 will be whole year touring, if they aren't lazy they could drop one in 2018. Obviously Axl is holding them back because Slash want's to do record with Myles and Conspirators.

I'm thinking there will be some type of anniversary release for Appetite. I don't see a new album by that date. I see end of 2017 or 2018 for an album or new songs in general

I do see new songs coming. I don't see Slash working with Myles being an issue. That was planned before this tour was announced and the album pushed off.

As we know Axl likely has tons of vocal work for them to work with and add music to. He himself said he's shown them some things they like. He left it in their hands to be on it. That's what I took from his interview.

I see another tour in US but possibly not until 2018 or maybe even some special summer dates for the anniversary.

33 minutes ago, DexAxl said:

2017 will be whole year touring, if they aren't lazy they could drop one in 2018. Obviously Axl is holding them back because Slash want's to do record with Myles and Conspirators.

Slash was already recording that album before this was announced. Why would Axl be holding him back?

Axl said he played them some things and they liked it. That's not holding them back. Slash keeping to an already made agreement with his other band is normal. Though who knows what will happen down the line with that

15 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Are you sure he said they said they like them? I don't remember that.

This is taken directly from his China Exchange interview you can find on this site.

Axl: We are working on new stuff. But, I don't know. Like I said a long time ago, "I don't know if soons the word" but I got a lot of stuff together and I've played some stuff for Slash and Duff and they like it and they might be on it, we don't know. [We talked about..] Angus and I are talking about working together. So we will see.

Unfortunetly the interviewer kept cutting him off when he was speaking making some inaudible at times