Member Picture Thread

Słash

On November 24, 2016 at 7:37 AM, Len Cnut said:

My picture is nowhere on the internet and it never will be, i've never had a facebook or an instagram or any of that shite for that very reason, i have no interest in posting my mug up, the few instances it is online is through it being filmed at a gig or what have you.  

In fact there's very little photos of me in general through the course of my entire life.

I've always pictured you as a little blacker version of a young JJ Walker. 

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Ive been trying to avoid explaining myself in this particular regard for fear of offending but here goes.  I dont go in for all that selfies and pictures and all that bollocks.  A wise fella once told me you should beware of a man thats fond of looking at himself, the only time i look at myself is in the mirror every morning before i set out for work, all this selfies and 'heres me at 'xxx', oh gosh look at me there, i wasn't expecting that one'.  I think theres something tragic about it.

But more than that, blokes constantly checking their fuckin' reflection everytime they see it in a car window or a shop front as they pass by, its fuckin' odd, i thought women did that.  

And i have no wish to become part of the facebook generation, it always looked to me like Desperate Daves Dating Agency 'Hi, I'm Len and my eyes are brown and 6ft tall and my interests are water-skiing and football and blah blah blah blah no one gives a fuck :lol:

Its makes me sick, grown men with stacks and stacks of pictures of themselves on a phone...and worse still, sticking em up online all over the gaff, i dont see the point.  More than that i find the idea unsettling.

See i was trying to avoid this particular diatribe in a picture but nevermind, the damage is done now :lol:. i must just be an old fashioned sort of a fella i guess.

1. So Graeme and Snakes beg to differ!

2. So I was right? A young JJ Walker?

3. I feel you. FB started specifically for college kids. Then morphed into a platform for all. And you are right. For a lot of adults it's just a place for people to get their fragile egos rubbed and massaged. It's kind of like when people post their pics on this forum. No matter what they look like, people will tell them how pretty or handsome they are. That's how it works on FB too. People get tons of validation from their 739 closest friends. Look how awesome I am or woe-is-me. 

Or like some famous old timer said. "When I was a kid we put our secrets in a diary. Today people post them for thousands of people to read.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Ive been trying to avoid explaining myself in this particular regard for fear of offending but here goes.  I dont go in for all that selfies and pictures and all that bollocks.  A wise fella once told me you should beware of a man thats fond of looking at himself, the only time i look at myself is in the mirror every morning before i set out for work, all this selfies and 'heres me at 'xxx', oh gosh look at me there, i wasn't expecting that one'.  I think theres something tragic about it.

But more than that, blokes constantly checking their fuckin' reflection everytime they see it in a car window or a shop front as they pass by, its fuckin' odd, i thought women did that.  

And i have no wish to become part of the facebook generation, it always looked to me like Desperate Daves Dating Agency 'Hi, I'm Len and my eyes are brown and 6ft tall and my interests are water-skiing and football and blah blah blah blah no one gives a fuck :lol:

Its makes me sick, grown men with stacks and stacks of pictures of themselves on a phone...and worse still, sticking em up online all over the gaff, i dont see the point.  More than that i find the idea unsettling.

See i was trying to avoid this particular diatribe in a picture but nevermind, the damage is done now :lol:. i must just be an old fashioned sort of a fella i guess.

My hero until I lay in my cold grave. 

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I thoroughly endorse everything Len has said - that is basically my stance. The ''look at me'' generation. ''Look at me in a nightclub. Look at me on holiday''. There is a sort of assumption that your life is interesting enough.

Look at what I made for dinner pictures.

And a place for girls to share their fish-lip pictures. 

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, spunko12345 said:

Water skiing!! :lol::lol:where the fuck did you pluck that one from :lol:

Well i don't know, whatever bollocks they put down under interests, rock climbing and fuckin' paintballing and all the various desperate middle class things society does to keep from thinking about their own mortality :lol:

15 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Well i don't know, whatever bollocks they put down under interests, rock climbing and fuckin' paintballing and all the various desperate middle class things society does to keep from thinking about their own mortality :lol:

Extreme Ironing, reading Goethe, growing a mustache and writing poetry.