New Mick Wall book, "Last Of The Giants"

On 5.12.2016 at 10:37 PM, BOSSY78 said:

Axl called out Mick Wall on his reporting and misquoting and writing lies before a book was written.

My view on Mick Wall and anything he has written has always been to take it with a grain of salt. To be honest Ive never purchased any of his books because of it.

As far as Doug goes I mean be keeps lying changing his story and now after Axl told the fans on the forums it didn't go down like that and used the term under duress Doug wants to use it. I call bs.

I believe that maybe they were playing sides against each other and the part of Axl protecting the name in case of death and spouses. Axl has always stood by aa far as I remember doing it for the protection of the band not to be greedy.

He came up with the name and the name is a combo of his and Traci Guns so I've always stood by him keeping it. Of course I get why people thought it was wrong I mean you had a guy who was manipulating the band against each other. People pissed at Axl based off what he was telling them and Axl relying on him to tell the truth and be a friend.

Axl however we must remember wasn't a junkie and Axl had a right to be worried about what would happen if one of them were to die. 

It's sad that this misunderstanding was a huge rift between them and caused years of turmoil. It divided fans many not understanding why Axl wanted to protect the band and it's brand and name.

Slash and I believe Renee had a pre nup I believe but he didn't with Perla. Axl likely wanted to make sure if Slash overdosed again and didn't make it she or any other band members wife didn't have a share in the band. He had a right in my opinion to worry about it. He was the only one who was the others were too caught up in drugs at the time.

I am curious about the Erin tidbit because back when she had her Instagram she was supposedly from what Ive read from other posters on here making some posts that did seem like they were back in contact.

Interesting that Snake Pit wasn't seen as a guns record by some. Isn't that the album he took to Axl and claimed Axl didn't like any of it? Of course we know that from Axl he did indeed like some but still curious. 

You don't protect a band like Guns by committing a breach of confidence. And that's exactly what Axl did. An undeniable dick move.

A reason why Duff and Slash drank that much before the shows was because of Axl's lateness. But as much as they drank and as much as they used other substances they were functioning. Axl was the one coming late to shows, running of the stage too quickly, starting riots. He was the one not showing up in the studio or for writing sessions. Duff and Slash were there, Axl not.

Axl was the one changing the direction of the band and bringing in a childhood friend without telling his band mates.

That's not exactly what I consider the protection of a band.

I don't wanna say Slash and Duff were easy to work with drunk and on smack but at least they were willing to work and that was the way the worked on all the records before. 

Man these albums must be the biggest bummers in history when Axl wants to protect the name suddenly :awesomeface:

By the way, Slash married Perla in 2001. That has got nothing to do with Axl didn't want her having a share in the band.

On 12/17/2016 at 3:39 AM, Xedos said:

I think this guy needs to make some money, thats all.

Only thing I can say is:

"Mick Wall at Kerrang, What you pissed off cuz your dad gets more pussy than you?

Get in the Ring, MF !"

Not worth paying attention to this moron.

that line was for Bob Guccione Jr. his dad Bob Sr owned Penthouse, which is why the line makes any sense lol.

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 1

I'm getting this book for Christmas so I can't read any of your comments! :lol:  That said, I've always been critical of Mick Wall but have got  "The Most Dangerous Band..." and did read "W.A.R." so am curious as to how this version is different.  Anything has got to be better than the crap that Craig Duswalt produced!  I'm still annoyed with myself for buying the Kindle version of that rubbish...:max:

Edited by Lindy100

3 hours ago, Stockholm Syndrome said:

Please, don't read Mick Wall. He's a nobody just in it for profit.

ya i seem to fucking agree 100% with get in the ring - meaning im in axl's corner and slash's and duffs 

i know ive asked before but whos talking at end

is it not funny how duff izzy and slash can all sound kinda the same when they're drunk? 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2016 at 3:50 AM, Free Bird said:

You don't protect a band like Guns by committing a breach of confidence. And that's exactly what Axl did. An undeniable dick move.

A reason why Duff and Slash drank that much before the shows was because of Axl's lateness. But as much as they drank and as much as they used other substances they were functioning. Axl was the one coming late to shows, running of the stage too quickly, starting riots. He was the one not showing up in the studio or for writing sessions. Duff and Slash were there, Axl not.

Axl was the one changing the direction of the band and bringing in a childhood friend without telling his band mates.

That's not exactly what I consider the protection of a band.

I don't wanna say Slash and Duff were easy to work with drunk and on smack but at least they were willing to work and that was the way the worked on all the records before. 

Man these albums must be the biggest bummers in history when Axl wants to protect the name suddenly :awesomeface:

By the way, Slash married Perla in 2001. That has got nothing to do with Axl didn't want her having a share in the band.

Sure Axl can be a dick. I don't question that or claim he's innocent. He has his role he played in things as well.

However, an addict can't blame someone else for why they drink or do drugs. They are responsible for them. Having issues with someone is no excuse. In fact addicts generally try to blame everyone else and not take blame.

Functioning addict, sure but could you imagine being surrounded by junkies? It's no excuse for Axl and his lateness or outbursts. But I would wager to say it didn't help it.

You say functioning but you nor I was there and functioning may be different in his eyes. I wouldn't call 5 overdoses close to each other functioning. 

Also about him not showing up for writing sessions It's always been known Axl like many writers did it solo. Many stories from the band that states Axl was in another room listening and writing or did it on his own. In fact it's a well known fact Slash was writing separately from his band. They would send him what they had and he would add rifts to it.

It's only an issue that Axl did it. 

As far as Axl bringing in his childhood friend he also entertained Slash's choices as well in band mates. 

Im not saying Axl is innocent but I can see why he wanted to protect his rights to the band name and why he was worried about the band. 

Perhaps my wording on the wives came out wrong. I'm aware when Slash married Perla it doesn't mean that Axl was wrong in his worries that a wife could get a hold of GnR rights. The fact Slash didn't have a prenuptial agreement with Perla was proof it could happen. That's a valid issue when your band mates are overdosing left and right. 

As far as him changing the direction well, it's also publicly noted Slash isn't a fan of many of the most famous GnR songs. If Slash had his way many of them wouldn't have made it on record back then. 

Again there is also Axl's side of the story which even though Slash said Axl doesn't lie many still refused to believe.

Fact they all made mistakes but In my opinion Axl had a right to worry. Per all 3 of their books (Steven, Slash, Duff) Axl was always bedside when they overdosed. In fact he was the only one. 

Watching your friends get doped up day in and day out likely wasn't something he wanted to see. Perhaps and this is a guess here he didn't wish to be around them watching them overdose and do drugs like that. 

Many stories have told of Axl sitting in his hotel room pissed at the fact his band was doped up. 

Being around 1 junkie is hard imagine 4.

The band as a whole had many issues I'm not naive in thinking it's all Axl's fault though.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

Sure Axl can be a dick. I don't question that or claim he's innocent. He has his role he played in things as well.

However, an addict can't blame someone else for why they drink or do drugs. They are responsible for them. Having issues with someone is no excuse. In fact addicts generally try to blame everyone else and not take blame.

Functioning addict, sure but could you imagine being surrounded by junkies? It's no excuse for Axl and his lateness or outbursts. But I would wager to say it didn't help it.

You say functioning but you nor I was there and functioning may be different in his eyes. I wouldn't call 5 overdoses close to each other functioning. 

Also about him not showing up for writing sessions It's always been known Axl like many writers did it solo. Many stories from the band that states Axl was in another room listening and writing or did it on his own. In fact it's a well known fact Slash was writing separately from his band. They would send him what they had and he would add rifts to it.

It's only an issue that Axl did it. 

As far as Axl bringing in his childhood friend he also entertained Slash's choices as well in band mates. 

Im not saying Axl is innocent but I can see why he wanted to protect his rights to the band name and why he was worried about the band. 

Perhaps my wording on the wives came out wrong. I'm aware when Slash married Perla it doesn't mean that Axl was wrong in his worries that a wife could get a hold of GnR rights. The fact Slash didn't have a prenuptial agreement with Perla was proof it could happen. That's a valid issue when your band mates are overdosing left and right. 

As far as him changing the direction well, it's also publicly noted Slash isn't a fan of many of the most famous GnR songs. If Slash had his way many of them wouldn't have made it on record back then. 

Again there is also Axl's side of the story which even though Slash said Axl doesn't lie many still refused to believe.

Fact they all made mistakes but In my opinion Axl had a right to worry. Per all 3 of their books (Steven, Slash, Duff) Axl was always bedside when they overdosed. In fact he was the only one. 

Watching your friends get doped up day in and day out likely wasn't something he wanted to see. Perhaps and this is a guess here he didn't wish to be around them watching them overdose and do drugs like that. 

Many stories have told of Axl sitting in his hotel room pissed at the fact his band was doped up. 

Being around 1 junkie is hard imagine 4.

The band as a whole had many issues I'm not naive in thinking it's all Axl's fault though.

I'm not saying it's all Axl's fault either and I don't even disagree with most of what you have written in your post. Being surrounded by junkies or alcoholics while being clean yourself is hard and not every person can handle this. But it's also frustrating sitting for weeks or months in the studio or wherever and trying to do a record but having no clue what your lead singer is doing because he's never showing up nor gives you a listen in what the fuck he's working right now, if he's doing anything at all. 

Still, I think taking the name was a big dick move.

At the end they were all responsible for the break up, that's for sure, and everybody has his side of the story.

Sadly it seems like their manager turned and switched around many statematents and messages between Axl and Slash while transmitting them, so he was probably an even bigger factor in this break up than Axl and Slash themselfs.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 2

On 12/19/2016 at 5:53 PM, Free Bird said:

I'm not saying it's all Axl's fault either and I don't even disagree with most of what you have written in your post. Being surrounded by junkies or alcoholics while being clean yourself is hard and not every person can handle this. But it's also frustrating sitting for weeks or months in the studio or wherever and trying to do a record but having no clue what your lead singer is doing because he's never showing up nor gives you a listen in what the fuck he's working right now, if he's doing anything at all. 

Still, I think taking the name was a big dick move.

At the end they were all responsible for the break up, that's for sure, and everybody has his side of the story.

Sadly it seems like their manager turned and switched around many statematents and messages between Axl and Slash while transmitting them, so he was probably an even bigger factor in this break up than Axl and Slash themselfs.

We can agree to disagree on the name part.

I agree about management. It's sad how they didn't really tell these guys the truth and tried to keep them from talking about each other's issues. I say management played a big part in some of it.

I also believe Axl when he said he was being pushed for the reunion by management. Perhaps, and I could be wrong they wanted to create that separation to gain more power.

On 12/18/2016 at 9:56 PM, double talkin jive mfkr said:

also want to know about this axl erin thing = zutaut mentioned them in the present tense in that bbc documentary how she still loves him today - what's the story? atlanta something right? axl should just marry her and ditch TB 

I wondered as well. The women's thread has some information and thoughts on it. I can try to direct you to the proper pages. T5hey posted pics of what was said. I will have to look it up for you as that thread moves fast.

What I do remember is Axl dedicating songs to her in AC/DC and she posted some interesting things on her Instagram which I read in that thread. I don't follow her but many of the ladies do

As far as him dumping TB, that is his family. I have no further discussion on that part.

edited to add it's page 500. Start there for the info in book about Erin. I'm sure back further than that you can find posts she made on Instagram though I'm not sure where. I'm not a follower of her and just recall vaguely seeing others post about it

Edited by BOSSY78
added

• 2 weeks later...

So... Slash is back with megan after all those years, drugs, marriages, kids, etc. ( and he looks so so happy, .. Ive never saw him so happyly peacefull. )

So. Since axl and erin are kinda close again, could they do the same?  

Erin is single. But the real issue here is:: axl normaly dates Models and super hot girls 20 or 30 years younger than him.

I just feel is time for axl to think about this stuff. 

27 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

I'm not aware of any of the actual parties stating as much. Like I said, it makes sense, but then again Alan could just be talking out of his ass based on assumptions.

I thought I'd read it somewhere, but maybe it was another article I didn't read.

Edited by Mr. Dude
So pseudo psychic