"Arrival" is the best movie to hit theaters this season

Dan H.

If you haven't seen this movie yet, it is an absolute must watch.

Like a blend of "Primer" and "Interstellar", Arrival weaves a perfect sci fi story, unmuddied by needless action and destruction. 

When aliens arrive on Earth, the government hires a linguist to try and solve the aliens complex language, and mysterious understanding of time. The mystery of what the aliens want and why they have arrived here is perfectly paced,  revealing the right amounts of hints and clues at the right times, before wrapping up in an unexpectedly emotional and beautiful climax.

Please do yourself a favor when going to the movies this season, ditch Marvel and Harry Potter and catch one of the greatest pure geeky sci fi films of the decade.

arrival-movie-4-e1471529984165.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Amir said:

I thought it was pretty good, preferred Interstellar but definitely worth checking out.

I'd rank it above Prisoners, but Villeneuve blew me away with Sicario, Incendies and Enemy.

Prisoners? As in, lady prisoners? Just like the seminal (fnarrr fnarr) Linda Blair vehicle - Chained Heat (1983)? :lol:

84CDB652-2288-4ED6-B634-E2B16C178F6D-1991-00000234415E0F36_tmp.png

Edited by Dazey

28 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

I'd say it's more like E.T. and Contact but yeah it's awesome.

It's my #1 movie of the year although I think La La Land has the chance of beating it. 

Denis Villeneuve is really good.

It does remind me a lot of Contact. 

ET not so much, in fact the only thing ET and Arrival have in common are aliens that aren't antagonists. ET is a light hearted adventure about childhood, but Arrival is heavy sci fi like Contact.

La La Land looks very very good too. Looking forward to it :)

Went and saw it this morning. I liked it well enough, but I think the best way to state my feelings is I appreciated it a lot more than I actually enjoyed it. It was an incredibly well-crafted film...that I'm not sure if I'd ever want to watch again. Still, reading about some of the things I didn't pick up on on Reddit is really making me re-think a lot of the film. 

• Like 1

On November 23, 2016 at 3:44 PM, Dazey said:

Are there any tits in it?

Tons. Almost so many that it almost got an X rating. 

There is a lesbian scene between Jennifer Lawrence and Kate Upton that is pretty graphic. 

You should definitely go see it tonight!!!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...