Franks biggest butcher jobs - Estranged

double talkin jive mfkr

Man he just almost ruins the song - its like he's playing alone 

DUDE BRING BACK SORUM ASAP at least for this one 

he really has no clue how to play Estranged - am I the only one that thinks that ?? The song is quite off solely because of him. 

Really hard on the ears - jesus 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
cause

10 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I've never hated Frank or anything but Estranged is the one where I've noticed the most fuck-ups when I'm actually at the shows. In Vegas 2014 it was particularly noticeable. It's like he listened to the song a couple times and went 'Nah, I like my drum fills better, I'm just gonna do those'.

it's exactly - i am not a musician and i find it incredibly bad to the point where if i was axl i honestly wouldn't be able to withstand it

estranged is a highly technical song à la Ten Years Gone but even more so

the guy is an amateur and honestly if I was Axl I'd pay Sorum 50 grand just to play that song and do it justice  

i'm even more surprised that he hasn't even improved since NITL tour at least to get some of these fills right 

his drumming on estranged is 100% GARBAGE 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

i dont think frank ruins the song, however, there's something wrong in the chord changes in estranged, i don't know if it's duff or dizzy, if you listen closely on 1:28 or 2:27....something's off at least to my ears....they have been playing it that way for the entire tour, so maybe it's me IDK

2 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

it's exactly - i am not a musician and i find it incredibly bad to the point where if i was axl i honestly wouldn't be able to withstand it

estranged is a highly technical song à la Ten Years Gone but even more so

the guy is an amateur and honestly if I was Axl I'd pay Sorum 50 grand just to play that song and do it justice  

It's frustrating to listen to because he's not an amateur, he plays other songs fine, I think he just wanted to put his own 'swing' into it or something, but Estranged just isn't one of the songs where you can tweak things. It's not even a hard song, it's just technical. Save the random drums fills for the end of Sorry where less people notice they're off. <_<

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It's frustrating to listen to because he's not an amateur, he plays other songs fine, I think he just wanted to put his own 'swing' into it or something, but Estranged just isn't one of the songs where you can tweak things. It's not even a hard song, it's just technical. Save the random drums fills for the end of Sorry where less people notice they're off. <_<

his own swing makes no sense 

his timing is completely off and noticeably so - you're right it's not that difficult but you would have to follow the actual written mode that sorum did it in and the reason why i say he's amateur is that it seems like he can't - im not convinced he's doing his own spin perhaps he's just not capable of keeping the time 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

his own swing makes no sense 

his timing is completely off and noticeably so - you're right it's not that difficult but you would have to follow the actual written mode that sorum did it in and the reason why i say he's amateur is that it seems like he can't - im not convinced he's doing his own spin perhaps he's just not capable of keeping the time 

I dunno, I mean he keeps time on other songs, I don't think that's the issue. I think he literally just wants to play his own beat on the song or something, which is why it's frustrating...

Frank should not have been the drummer for the reunion. Even if Sorum was out of picture, they should have gotten a new guy. Josh Freese has worked with both Axl and Slash in their solo records. Should have, at least, recieved an invitation. Freese would naturally improve the songs, both GNR songs and Axl songs he had worked on before.

I don't know who decided or agreed on it, but they play the songs too fast. To the point I consider some of them unlistenable. Paradise City is a mess, it lost that cool initial swing Adler did so well. Not it's a robotic intro with Axl singing over Slash and blowing the whistle whenever he wants to. November Rain feels like it's 5 minutes long. Why why why???

• Like 4

Axl really sucks at choosing musicians, the only talented musician he worked with in his solo band was Buckethead. 

Others just messed up the songs. 

He should not have bought members from his solo band to GN'R. 

Brent Snape Fitz would have been a really good choice. Frank just totally messes it up. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Nostalgia^ said:

That's odd. You'd think he was the natural guy to go to for a reunion. Any bad blood between him and Axl for any reason?

There seems to be bad blood between them, but I don't know why, they met each other in 2007 and talked to each other normally. 

Some people say Matt has talked shit about Axl over the years thats why Axl hates him, but well Axl hated Slash and never wanted a reunion either.

Now the main question is that how is Matt's relationship with Slash and Duff cause they were really good friends. 

Frank really fucks up the ballads, yes, especially Estranged. I always feel like Slash is struggling to keep up with his insane (and not in a good way) drumming during his solos, which is ridiculous since what makes the solos on this song perfect is their melody and flow. Sorum's opening fills (I don't remember what he called them but he mentioned people made fun of him for overusing them) are iconic on NR and Don't Cry as well, so changing them up to show off or whatever the hell he thinks he's doing, is moronic to say the least.

The other songs are for the most part fine, with the exception of Jungle and OTGM.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nonok said:

Frank really fucks up the ballads, yes, especially Estranged. I always feel like Slash is struggling to keep up with his insane (and not in a good way) drumming during his solos, which is ridiculous since what makes the solos on this song perfect is their melody and flow. Sorum's opening fills (I don't remember what he called them but he mentioned people made fun of him for overusing them) are iconic on NR and Don't Cry as well, so changing them up to show off or whatever the hell he thinks he's doing, is moronic to say the least.

The other songs are for the most part fine, with the exception of Jungle and OTGM.

he sucked pretty bad on NR at my concert :max:

On 11/25/2016 at 4:59 AM, Slash787 said:

Wasn't invited. 

He even tweet about it but then deleted it, most prob. he would be with Izzy that time. 

Why would sorum be invited though? Frank has been the bands drummer for 10 going on 11 years now. Axl acknowledged that at a live show over the summer. It's not like slash and duff had a say in who the drummer was going to be...

On 11/25/2016 at 10:44 AM, Nostalgia^ said:

That's odd. You'd think he was the natural guy to go to for a reunion. Any bad blood between him and Axl for any reason?

Not sure but it's been assumed that there's bad blood between Axl and Matt considering Matt has said some questionable things about Axl, even after they hung out in 2006. Sorum openly spoke about wanting to be a part of it but, I just think between Frank already being the drummer for Guns N' Roses, why kick him to the curb considering he did nothing wrong in axls eyes?

I'm sure slash and duff tried for Matt, they did sit together at Lemmys funeral after Coachella was announced but, I mean hey it is easier to pay Frank. Personally I have a harder time not understanding Adler being more involved considering he told Eddie trunk in October of 2015 that he didn't care what he was paid as long as he was involved. Since then he's guested in 5 shows and played 5 shows for a whopping 8 songs total and completely backed that up. Point being pay isn't an issue with Adler, but who knows if it was or wasn't for sorum since he wasn't asked..