Kai Sorum

whatashame

Kai Sorum?

in short: was Kai Sorum Matt's first wife? When did they get married and when did they divorce?

in long:
I dont wanna come out as a serious stalker here, but recently I have taken out my Spaghetti Incident CD and I took a look at the inlay. I saw a long list of thank yous and I had a reflexion.

I remembered when I first got this album way back when, when I was a kid, and I read that list of "we wanna thank our families" and thought "wow, I know, like, one dude in there, bikoz Axl mentioned him in an interview once". Today, thanks to twitters and facebooks, all these people came out and introduced themselves to us. Chatted with us. You know, Daniella Clarke, Axl's sister Amy, etc. And others were discussed on video, like Axl's stepkid Dylan (if I can call him so).

But there is one name on the list that's still rather unfamiliar. Kai Sorum.

Few years back I remember watching some 1993 videos and there was this chick hanging around Matt. Well, more than once, so there was something going on. I have attached her picture to this post. We can see her in the Estranged video. And in the Making Of Fuckin Videos - Estranged. She is sitting there, right beside Matt, rubbing his neck gently or whatever it is she is doing. And she doesn't speak, so you bet she's more than a worker. And also, some time back somebody posted a picture in one of these threads here, like cool pictures or whatever, and in the picture there was Axl running around the stage. Axl was wearing all red, and it was taken during daylight, so I bet it must have been the Scandinavia 1993 tour because I remember seeing that picture way back. That chick was standing there, behind Axl, on the side of the stage, where girlfriends stand. Where Susan sends twitter videos from when she checks out Duff on tour. So my bet is, she is Kai Sorum.

But the sole reason I am writing this is because I find it interesting that Matt in the 90s was a little more secretive about relationships than Slash or Duff. Let alone Axl. The other guys discussed their marriages and divorces with Howard or in their books. I can't ever recall any news about Matt getting married or divorced. So I'm kinda curious. She came and went or what? Of course I googled and the only info I came up with is this:

her nee name is Kai Benson, and she is a model. American. They got married in 1993 and their wedding was medevial style. Here are the pictures.

http://img1.bdbphotos.com/images/orig/2/y/2y7x8zi688yo6i8x.jpg?kj8as6ye
http://img5.bdbphotos.com/images/orig/4/l/4lwwj957jt0rtjr9.jpg?kj8as6ye
http://img1.bdbphotos.com/images/orig/h/t/htpm3fbzfogb3mbh.jpg?kj8as6ye

source:
http://fanpix.famousfix.com/gallery/kai-benson/p17786286
http://www.whosdatedwho.com/dating/matt-sorum-and-kai-benson

Was it Matt's cocaine wedding? Just like Duff wrote in his book. His second wife, Linda, was a cocaine wedding. The first and the third wife were described in Duff's book, but the second came and went, as in "oh, by the way, I got married and divorced in between the shows".

So, anyhow, just because she never spoke, I wanna hear her out. Does anybody have any more info on that relationship? I'm sure Matt doesn't mind, so don't go The Privacy Police on me now. Matt and his second wife, Ace, are all over the internet and tweets about their anniversaries will soon pop up in my water closet when I flush. Well, they already are everywhere else.

Edit

Sorry, I forgot the picture

kai.PNG

Edited by whatashame

4 hours ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

If I remember correctly she said Matt threatened to kill her.

Matt did talk about the relationship a little bit I think in some magazine in the 90s.

Well Axl was allegedly some wife beater or something so remember, it's guilty before innocent :awesomeface::rofl-lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I just kinda found out the answer to my own question by listening to Matt's interview with Loveline (hosted by Dr Drew - that guy from Steven Adler's Celebrity Rehab).

The interview is from 2004. Matt said :

- I was married for a year

- it was a RnR marriage. I wanted to keep up with my bandmates getting married

- the marriage fell apart bikoz drugs, alcohol and marriage don't mix

- (I fooled around) - I told her I would spend a night at the studio but in reality I would party, fuck around, go to strip clubs etc

- Matt didn't have a bachelor party before his wedding. Kai told him not to have one. She said his life is a fukkyn bachelor party. And it did not change after the wedding.

On 12/10/2016 at 2:49 PM, whatashame said:

I just kinda found out the answer to my own question by listening to Matt's interview with Loveline (hosted by Dr Drew - that guy from Steven Adler's Celebrity Rehab).

The interview is from 2004. Matt said :

- I was married for a year

- it was a RnR marriage. I wanted to keep up with my bandmates getting married

- the marriage fell apart bikoz drugs, alcohol and marriage don't mix

- (I fooled around) - I told her I would spend a night at the studio but in reality I would party, fuck around, go to strip clubs etc

- Matt didn't have a bachelor party before his wedding. Kai told him not to have one. She said his life is a fukkyn bachelor party. And it did not change after the wedding.

What a dumb reason to get married, kinda don't feel bad if he lost a lot of money in divorce. 

Matt said he was like a kid in a candy store when it came to the groupies on the UYI tour, but he had done time on the Sunset Strip and around Orange County since the late 70s - being there seeing VH or Randy Rhoads in Quiet Riot as a club band (and saw GNR early on) and the people he met before he was famous, is more interesting than his number count of how many groupies he banged.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2016 at 6:21 AM, dalsh327 said:

Matt said he was like a kid in a candy store when it came to the groupies on the UYI tour, but he had done time on the Sunset Strip and around Orange County since the late 70s - being there seeing VH or Randy Rhoads in Quiet Riot as a club band (and saw GNR early on) and the people he met before he was famous, is more interesting than his number count of how many groupies he banged.

she was very pretty :)